Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. After reading through so many helpful posts in this forum, finally decided to dip my toe in the world of Bottega Veneta. I purchased this Mini Jodie in Almond from Ssense, all looks OK to me but only came in a dust bag and not in a Bottega box, etc. I really love the bag so would appreciate your opinion on authenticity for peace of mind. Thank you so much!!

Item Name: Mini Jodie in Almond
Seller name or ID: Ssence
Comments: as above :smile:

I can’t quite help you with the authentification-issue but ensure you that I have bought multiple bags at SSENSE (such as my BV Medium Jodie, which is 100% authentic) and never gotten anything except for the dustbag. Even the receipt I only received per e-mail. So I would advise you not to worry. :smile: :flowers:

Thank you for your answer! I will try to take some. I am just so afraid to damage anything, trying to get the photos :sad: Is there any secret to be able to get a better look at the white tag?

hopefully these pictures will be enough :smile::flowers: Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
They've made it really tough to see the tag in these Padded Cassettes for some reason.
I can't really confirm without better pics but I will say it looks pretty good from what you've provided. You might be able to slip a mirror down there to reflect the tag and use the flash on your camera.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. After reading through so many helpful posts in this forum, finally decided to dip my toe in the world of Bottega Veneta. I purchased this Mini Jodie in Almond from Ssense, all looks OK to me but only came in a dust bag and not in a Bottega box, etc. I really love the bag so would appreciate your opinion on authenticity for peace of mind. Thank you so much!!

Item Name: Mini Jodie in Almond
Seller name or ID: Ssence
Comments: as above :smile:
The Mini Jodie is authentic, IMO :flowers:

Reactions: jaycee17
Hello!
I've been following these forums for a while, but I've never posted. I'm considering purchasing a vintage Bottega from Vestaire Collective, but I'm feeling a bit hesitant as I know there are a lot of fakes on that platform now. I was hoping someone could help me authenticate this bag, so I can purchase worry-free or avoid all together?

The certification card seems a bit strange to be. I asked the seller about the numbers, but she doesn't seem to know what they mean as 'she purchased this bag many years ago from a BV boutique'. The fact that the numbers are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 strikes me as odd.

I've uploaded some photos, but here is the listing.

Thoughts? Really appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-29 122915.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-29 122915.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2021-11-29 123210.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-29 123210.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 21
Hello!
I've been following these forums for a while, but I've never posted. I'm considering purchasing a vintage Bottega from Vestaire Collective, but I'm feeling a bit hesitant as I know there are a lot of fakes on that platform now. I was hoping someone could help me authenticate this bag, so I can purchase worry-free or avoid all together?

The certification card seems a bit strange to be. I asked the seller about the numbers, but she doesn't seem to know what they mean as 'she purchased this bag many years ago from a BV boutique'. The fact that the numbers are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 strikes me as odd.

I've uploaded some photos, but here is the listing.

Thoughts? Really appreciate the help!
The contollato card means absolutely nothing. The paperwork shown is exactly what you’d expect to find for a bag of this vintage.
The listing is missing the most important photo to authenticate. Please ask the seller for a clear, closeup photo of both sides of the white authenticity tag and I’d really like to see a better straight on photo of the Bottega Veneta imprint.
Is the price of that Mini Veneta really $1450USD before the sale? Hmph, interesting :lol:

@V0N1B2 - thanks for the quick reply! I've got a photo of the white authenticity tag - what do you think?

Hehe, yes, very expensive before the sale..

The contollato card means absolutely nothing. The paperwork shown is exactly what you’d expect to find for a bag of this vintage.
The listing is missing the most important photo to authenticate. Please ask the seller for a clear, closeup photo of both sides of the white authenticity tag and I’d really like to see a better straight on photo of the Bottega Veneta imprint.
Is the price of that Mini Veneta really $1450USD before the sale? Hmph, interesting :lol:

The Mini Veneta in Nero from 2009 is authentic, IMO :flowers:
It seems resellers are really taking advantage of the Mini bag craze. This bag retailed for about USD$800 brand new. It's gotta be the only BV that's ever sold for over retail :lol:
I've seen several listed (and sold) for between $800-$1000 since the Jodie craze started. Some of them were listed as mini Jodies rather than mini Venetas. Before that they were selling closer to $200-$400. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jbags07 and V0N1B2

Attachments

• E43091C5-EF39-4311-9703-1590D9E43285.jpeg
    E43091C5-EF39-4311-9703-1590D9E43285.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 0
Item Name: Intrecciato Multi-Functional Clutch
Seller name or ID: The RealReal
Working Link: https://www.therealreal.com/product...eta-intrecciato-multi-functional-clutch-bmgw1
Comments: Please help check if this clutch is ok, the pictures on the website is not that sufficient but I like it so much that I have already bought it. But remember reading about the horror stories about the TRR authenticity problem makes me uneasy. So I tried taking some of my own pics. Hope they help.
View attachment 5262211View attachment 5262212View attachment 5262213View attachment 5262214View attachment 5262215View attachment 5262216View attachment 5262217View attachment 5262218View attachment 5262219View attachment 5262220View attachment 5262221
The item in the photos is authentic, IMO :flowers:

Reactions: izumi1460