Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

Sorry, I focused on the photos here and didn't follow the link - some things look good, some look bad - very hard to tell, I'll have to let somebody else check this one. Enough about it bothers me that I wouldn't have purchased.

No worries! Thank you so much for your opinion on this bag… I knew I shouldn't have purchased it almost immediately after I did and when I saw in person today, I was pretty positive my gut instinct was right ... I knew I should have checked here first! I will wait for a second opinion from someone a little more versed in vintage bags, but truly do appreciate your time and input as it just confirms what I already suspected. Thank you again!

Can anyone help me authenticate this bag on Poshmark? I bought the bag on a whim and regretted it almost immediately because I have questions about its authenticity. I'd just appreciate a second opinion if possible so I'll know for sure if this was indeed a poor purchase, although I do truly hope my gut is wrong! ;)

https://www.poshmark.com/listings/58fcafadbcd4a74962003871

The lining feels almost like it's padded, which seems very strange to me. I've added a few additional pictures as well.

Thank you so much in advance! :smile:

View attachment 3680426View attachment 3680427View attachment 3680428

I have several vintage BVs. Sorry, its not an authentic vintage BV. The heat stamp is a poor attempt to replicate newer heat stamps, the white tag and zipper pull are not authentic for vintage or newer bags. The lining is a poor attempt to replicate vintage linings. You were correct about the padded feel of the lining. Can you return the bag?

I have several vintage BVs. Sorry, its not an authentic vintage BV. The heat stamp is a poor attempt to replicate newer heat stamps, the white tag and zipper pull are not authentic for vintage or newer bags. The lining is a poor attempt to replicate vintage linings. You were correct about the padded feel of the lining. Can you return the bag?

Thank you so much for this confirmation that the bag is not authentic. As disappointed as I am, I am not surprised … I had a bad feeling about it shortly after purchasing the bag and as soon as I took it out of the box today I knew it wasn't authentic, I just needed you fabulous ladies to confirm that for me. I'm not sure if I can return it or not but I'm certainly going to try. I've never tried submitting a complaint to PoshMark before so we will see how it goes ... I truly hope I will be able to get my money back. Thank you again for your expert opinion, I truly appreciate it! Lesson learned and I will definitely come to y'all first next time!

Attachments

• IMG-20170428-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0037.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG-20170428-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0038.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG-20170428-WA0040.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0040.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG-20170428-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0039.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG-20170428-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0041.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG-20170428-WA0042.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0042.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG-20170428-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0043.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG-20170428-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20170428-WA0044.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 276
Hey, guys, could you kindly help me again with an authentication?

Item: Clutch Bottega Veneta Elongated
Link: https://www.enjoei.com.br/p/bolsa-b...qid=0iqmwi6rxjh-.8dg6.u-wi&ref=11&sref=search
Photos: attached.

Thank you!
I really really really prefer not to authenticate knots because they're easily faked and have few markers of authenticity - unlike other items.
Having said that, this Nero Silk Faille Knot looks okay to me but I would prefer if someone else looked at it before giving you a thumbs up.
I was unable to read the text in the listing as my Portuguese is não é bom.

Reactions: IBraga
Hi, would anybody be able to help authenticate this bag? I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this stuff so I am concerned about making a bad purchase.

Item Name: Brown leather bag

Seller name or ID: mwil5060

Working Link to pictures: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162466025069

Comments: The bag has obviously seen a lot of use as it quite worn in some spots. It is listed as vintage but the seller told me that she has no idea when it was purchased as she inherited it from a family member. I am concerned because she says there is no white tag inside, the only branding being the metal tab. The zip pulls are also tasselled which isn't the case with newer BV bags in this style. But I don't know how the design has been modified over time. The seller readily uploaded higher quality photos at my request.

Hi, would anybody be able to help authenticate this bag? I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this stuff so I am concerned about making a bad purchase.

Item Name: Brown leather bag

Seller name or ID: mwil5060

Working Link to pictures: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162466025069

Comments: The bag has obviously seen a lot of use as it quite worn in some spots. It is listed as vintage but the seller told me that she has no idea when it was purchased as she inherited it from a family member. I am concerned because she says there is no white tag inside, the only branding being the metal tab. The zip pulls are also tasselled which isn't the case with newer BV bags in this style. But I don't know how the design has been modified over time. The seller readily uploaded higher quality photos at my request.
This extremely worn bag is from the late 80s, possibly earlier. It is is the precursor to the modern day "Pillow" bag. It is authentic. BUT VERY worn, the leather would not be repairable in this condition...IMO.

This extremely worn bag is from the late 80s, possibly earlier. It is is the precursor to the modern day "Pillow" bag. It is authentic. BUT VERY worn, the leather would not be repairable in this condition...IMO.

Wow, I am amazed that you identified it so quickly. Thank you so much. I am so grateful that a forum like this exists.

I had hoped that a professional would be able to fix some of the damage. I will touch bases with the seller and possibly email a couple of handbag restoration people for their opinion.

Thank you so much once again!

Reactions: indiaink
Wow, I am amazed that you identified it so quickly. Thank you so much. I am so grateful that a forum like this exists.

I had hoped that a professional would be able to fix some of the damage. I will touch bases with the seller and possibly email a couple of handbag restoration people for their opinion.

Thank you so much once again!
:flowers: