Authenticate This Balenciaga

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please see post #1 for complete Balenciaga authentication rules. All requests must be posted in this thread. Authentications are not done via private message or in any other thread.

See the link below for examples of the photos needed and the format they should be in (clear, close up, forward-facing, no angles, right way up, no bends in tags).

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/required-pics-for-balenciaga-authentication.741442/

A link to the listing in question is required.

It is an authenticator’s right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format. If the listing you are interested in is missing photos it is your responsibility to request them from the seller prior to posting in this thread.

Thanks and be well!

Last edited:
Hi
Can I please get your expert opinion on this bag. Found it at a local consignment shop. It’s a classic balenciaga and no returns if purchase it. Thank you so much for taking the time.

View attachment 5745128

View attachment 5745129

View attachment 5745130

View attachment 5745131

View attachment 5745132

View attachment 5745133

View attachment 5745134

View attachment 5745135

View attachment 5745136

View attachment 5745137
No pics of the bale or back of the zipper head but what I see looks fine.

Anyone know if this is authentic? Does the logo on authentic straps flake off like this?

Anyone know if this is authentic? Does the logo on authentic straps flake off like this?

I don’t have a strap like this but to seems odd that the adjustment stud and hole are in the middle of a logo? Can someone with a logo’d strap weigh in?

Could someone kindly take a peek at this bag? It's a possible Mogano that someone posted in the Finds thread a few weeks ago.

The seller has been sooooo slow to respond, and English is not her language. I think she says that there are extra tassels (which don't seem to be pictured), but no mirror. She sent extra pictures beyond the ones in the listing but they aren't great. Not sure if these pictures are enough for authentication.

At this point communication has been so slow and like teeth pulling, I don't know if I even want it anymore but curious to know if it's real, and maybe someone else will want it. Thank you in advance.

1677076514.jpeg

1677762d692.jpeg

16777sd62692.jpeg

1677762692.jpeg

dsfsdf.jpeg

1677076sfadf514.jpeg

1677762s692.jpeg

1678194df767.jpeg

1678194767.jpeg

Authentic! Congratulations on this rare oldie! :tup:
Thank you ~ the leather is fantastic and super soft like baby’s bottom (even better than my 2004 Bal) …best leather that I’ve seen and has nice natural leather smell … ~ the reason I posted to check for authenticity here was that recently I was actually getting another bag authenticated on LegitGrail (trying them out for the first time) , and I thought I’d try also get my old 2002 choc brass bag authenticated by them at the same time ( I’ve actually had this 2002 bal oldie bag for years it’s my favorite but never had it officially authenticated because it was authentic to me when I picked it up so didn’t think to do so back when I first got it)

Anyway, LegitGrail said they weren't able to authenticate this 2002 choc bal bag. I think maybe it is because this 2002 bag is a super oldie and they weren’t so sure since the old bags don’t have serial codes on the inside tag of the bag and they tried to get me to take photos of serial code for them after I had already sent them all my photos. I did explain to them that it’s an old 2002 bag …I think they weren’t so sure so chose to say in the end that it is a “high risk” item meaning they could not be sure about its authenticity.

I mean LegitGrails’ customer service was really good to me (like real fast at responding/replying and polite) but I guess not all authenticators there can be fully experienced in all bag areas (any third party Authenticator probably has this problem I’m guessing).

Anyway thank you very much for helping me authenticate this bag. It’s great to have really experienced Bal experts here on this forum ~ thank you