Anyone else bored with Michael Kors lately?

MK came out with some spectacular colors over the past couple of years. So far, this year has been a little lacking for me because I haven't been WOWED yet. He's done quite a bit with denim for this year but I have never been much of a fan of denim bags.
I don't like denim bags, either. And there were alot of Sloans in that denim. I haven't looked at Coach for months. I've been getting alot of Kate Spade.

I have been wanting a purple like that too, believe the MK Pomegranate color a couple years back was similar. I missed out on that one. I used to be more into Coach and moved away when Stuart Vevers took over the design. I do love the Pink Croc Swagger in your avatar though, wish it came in the 27 size! With Coach I always find the bags I like now are too big or too small

I actually had a studded Selma messenger in pomegranate. I sold it because I found the size didn't work for me at the time. It's one of only two MK bags I regret selling now that I look back on it. I love small bags right now so I wish I hadn't sold it based on size. But you never know what's going to work for you in the future! The color was so rich and vibrant. If MK ever came out with it again, I'd have a hard time not buying something in it.

Thank you in regards to the pink Swagger. It actually does come in 27 size, but only at department stores.

I don't like denim bags, either. And there were alot of Sloans in that denim. I haven't looked at Coach for months. I've been getting alot of Kate Spade.
Kate Spade is one of my favorite contemporary brands, I could go on for days, along with TB, both of which I've bought a lot of in the past year. As for Coach, I haven't shopped there in almost a decade but their new Mickey Mouse collection might change that!

I was not really impressed with many of the bags MK has put out in the past year. I don't care for denim bags at all & I don't care for the Chevron or Patch Work bags, either. They're just not my style. Same goes for the Corner Frame styles. MK seems to have been more focused on producing smaller bags lately & doing less with the larger styles. I'm not sure phasing out the Sutton is a good idea. If this trend continues, MK may need to have a meeting with his design team.

I was not really impressed with many of the bags MK has put out in the past year. I don't care for denim bags at all & I don't care for the Chevron or Patch Work bags, either. They're just not my style. Same goes for the Corner Frame styles. MK seems to have been more focused on producing smaller bags lately & doing less with the larger styles. I'm not sure phasing out the Sutton is a good idea. If this trend continues, MK may need to have a meeting with his design team.

I totally agree..... :yes:

I do agree. They need to bring the large satchels back. What I like about MK is their clean design and functions of their bags not patchwork not chevron whatever that looks too busy ::sob sob::

Reactions: danitay
While i'm not a fan of the large Selma, i can't understand why they're not sold anymore. Many people seem to like this size.

I love the large Selma & have 5. The medium isn't large enough for my needs. I love the clean lines & structure of the Selma. The Brand stopped making the large size in colors sometime in the middle of 2015. It's a shame that colors now are only available in the medium & small sizes. And Lord, the pastel colors....I'm not a pastel girl, preferring jewel tone colors. I know a lot of ladies love pastels but classic jewel colors will wear all year around where pastels are more for Spring & Summer. JMO

Reactions: andral5
I love the large Selma & have 5. The medium isn't large enough for my needs. I love the clean lines & structure of the Selma. The Brand stopped making the large size in colors sometime in the middle of 2015. It's a shame that colors now are only available in the medium & small sizes. And Lord, the pastel colors....I'm not a pastel girl, preferring jewel tone colors. I know a lot of ladies love pastels but classic jewel colors will wear all year around where pastels are more for Spring & Summer. JMO

I love to wear pastels all year round. I have 2 white fake fur coats and pastels are a good match. The jewel tones would probably look good also, but i don't have a bag in that colour. Still regret not getting a medium Selma in that dark purple when it came out.

While i'm not a fan of the large Selma, i can't understand why they're not sold anymore. Many people seem to like this size.

My large Selmas are my most used bags on a daily basis. I own four and interchange them depending on the color of my outfit. I love that they have a large interior, but don't look oversized when carried. Plus they're structured with clean lines, a zipper, and an adjustable shoulder strap. Nothing's better.

My large Selmas are my most used bags on a daily basis. I own four and interchange them depending on the color of my outfit. I love that they have a large interior, but don't look oversized when carried. Plus they're structured with clean lines, a zipper, and an adjustable shoulder strap. Nothing's better.

And there you have it!! Unless you're very petite, the large Selma does not look oversized when carried like a lot of other bags. I'm quite tall & not even remotely petite so I prefer a larger bag over the smaller bags or the cross bodies. There's nothing wrong with cross bodies or small bags...they're just not for me. I have found the large Selma to be roomy enough interior wise yet still looks sleek & professional without looking like a briefcase or shopper's tote when carried. I have a briefcase that I carry if need be so I don't want my purse to look like one. I, too, use my Selmas a lot for this reason.

And there you have it!! Unless you're very petite, the large Selma does not look oversized when carried like a lot of other bags. I'm quite tall & not even remotely petite so I prefer a larger bag over the smaller bags or the cross bodies.....
I'm so petite but I have these big selmas. The perfect on is the pg one. The raspberry is too small but cute. I am debating whether to sell them or not.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: danitay and Suz82
I'm so petite but I have these big selmas. The perfect on is the pg one. The raspberry is too small but cute. I am debating whether to sell them or not.
You have a great collection & you even have the Large N/S Selmas. Very nice!! Once you get use to carrying the large size, it's tough to downsize to the medium.

Love all your Selmas [emoji173]️ I also prefer large bag. I have only one medium Selma satchel and haven't used her much. I'm keeping her because I like the color combo black/navy/shw [emoji4]