Am I crazy?

I have heard that the tea rose rouge 25 is available at outlet stores for $350

I went over the weekend and didn't see any.

There are rogue 25s with tea rose but they're 1941 and certainly not in outlets and will never be outlet bags. Granted, a few units may end up at an outlet someday in someway but I've never seen it. I've only seen a few rogues at outlets and usually they're the less popular types. Outlet bags (made for factory ones) are almost a different brand than Coach 1941 but sometimes retail pieces from past collections make it to outlets in small quantities, usually not the regular rogues though.

As for being crazy - you're not. Very recently Coach has been stepping up their game with RTW collections including some amazing high-end designer quality bags and designs. I would say their strategy is working if you're thinking of trading in your Bals for a rogue and there's nothing wrong with that. Like others said, you can give Rogue 25 a chance if you're looking for a smaller bag.

I went over the weekend and didn't see any.

There is an ebay item showing the chalk color one in outlet store (in CA?):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-1...455627&hash=item3f84993b24:g:qB8AAOSwMw1ZlBNy

The item code starts with F should be outlet? (picture from the ebay listing above)
s-l1600.jpg

It would depend on what Bals you have left. If they are special oldies in good condition -- I would keep them since they are hard to replace. But ultimately, you should go with what your gut tells you.

One of them is a a keeper, it has chevre leather and pearly bronze looks amazing still. Although not that old. I think 2012. I have one other that's newer bought last year it's a small city. I may sell that at some point, but Bals have lost their resale value by a lot. Would be lucky to even recoup half of what I paid...

There are rogue 25s with tea rose but they're 1941 and certainly not in outlets and will never be outlet bags. Granted, a few units may end up at an outlet someday in someway but I've never seen it. I've only seen a few rogues at outlets and usually they're the less popular types. Outlet bags (made for factory ones) are almost a different brand than Coach 1941 but sometimes retail pieces from past collections make it to outlets in small quantities, usually not the regular rogues though.

As for being crazy - you're not. Very recently Coach has been stepping up their game with RTW collections including some amazing high-end designer quality bags and designs. I would say their strategy is working if you're thinking of trading in your Bals for a rogue and there's nothing wrong with that. Like others said, you can give Rogue 25 a chance if you're looking for a smaller bag.

I ended up getting the black tea rose in the 25. Absolutely adore the bag and size! It looks a little boxy in some photos, (I prefer my bags more slouchy) but I think the pebbeled leather will do that after some use. It's much better in real life than it did in photos.

I'm a newbie to Coach so I can't tell if that's from an outlet. Can someone else confirm?

When an item from retail goes to an outlet they take out the retail tag and reprint one with the same style number + an F in front. So it would seem that this rogue must have ended up at the outlet. I've seen limited edition / sold out stuff from 1941 end up at outlets too but it's rare. Seller appears to be in California, which has some of the better outlets. I haven't seen tea rose anything in the last year at the three outlets I have access to.

Curiously the first few photos of the bag are taken at an outlet store. However, the last few taken on the woman are in a retail store (you can tell by the background), wonder if he just took someone else's photo for his listing :hrmm:

Reactions: sonicxml
I ended up getting the black tea rose in the 25. Absolutely adore the bag and size! It looks a little boxy in some photos, (I prefer my bags more slouchy) but I think the pebbeled leather will do that after some use. It's much better in real life than it did in photos.

Yay, congrats! It will definitely become more slouchy, most rogues do. Black tea rose would have been my choice too

Reactions: fayden and RayKay
I've never paid attention to the numbers on the tags. Now I want to go home and see numbers on the tags. I actually keep the price tags and the care cards in the zipper pockets of all my bags.

One of them is a a keeper, it has chevre leather and pearly bronze looks amazing still. Although not that old. I think 2012. I have one other that's newer bought last year it's a small city. I may sell that at some point, but Bals have lost their resale value by a lot. Would be lucky to even recoup half of what I paid...
That pearly bronze Hamilton is an amazing bag so definitely a keeper. The small City might be similar size/function as the Rogue 25 so then, it's whichever one makes your heart sing. Agree on Bal low resale value but honestly, Coach also has low resale value.

Reactions: fayden
When an item from retail goes to an outlet they take out the retail tag and reprint one with the same style number + an F in front. So it would seem that this rogue must have ended up at the outlet. I've seen limited edition / sold out stuff from 1941 end up at outlets too but it's rare. Seller appears to be in California, which has some of the better outlets. I haven't seen tea rose anything in the last year at the three outlets I have access to.

Curiously the first few photos of the bag are taken at an outlet store. However, the last few taken on the woman are in a retail store (you can tell by the background), wonder if he just took someone else's photo for his listing :hrmm:

It is possible it was an early return to outlet. The outlets aren't supposed to accept retail returns anymore (or vice versa), if I recall correctly, per new policy, because Coach specifically does NOT want their "standard" items to end up in outlet at reduced prices. Think black Rogue, white tea rose Rogue 25 (like this one).

Seasonal bags and so on are different - a few of the seasonal Rogues which were also in the SAS were spotted at outlets after SAS was over (just like the Rogue Satchels which were not hot sellers it seems like, so they decided to sell them all at SAS at 50% right off the bat, and remainders are now at outlets).

Reactions: sonicxml

It will get more slouchy. Since it is smaller it won't be as much as the regular sized Rogue, but it will soften up!

Reactions: fayden

Oh wow, good to know I'll have to remember this info now!

Reactions: okdot
That pearly bronze Hamilton is an amazing bag so definitely a keeper. The small City might be similar size/function as the Rogue 25 so then, it's whichever one makes your heart sing. Agree on Bal low resale value but honestly, Coach also has low resale value.

That's true I guess. Will have to keep that in mind when I buy!

It is possible it was an early return to outlet. The outlets aren't supposed to accept retail returns anymore (or vice versa), if I recall correctly, per new policy, because Coach specifically does NOT want their "standard" items to end up in outlet at reduced prices. Think black Rogue, white tea rose Rogue 25 (like this one).

Seasonal bags and so on are different - a few of the seasonal Rogues which were also in the SAS were spotted at outlets after SAS was over (just like the Rogue Satchels which were not hot sellers it seems like, so they decided to sell them all at SAS at 50% right off the bat, and remainders are now at outlets).

I did see some Rogue satchels with the python handles. They were $600. They were nice but definitely too big for me.

I did see some Rogue satchels with the python handles. They were $600. They were nice but definitely too big for me.

Yeah satchels weren't as popular as regular shaped rogues so a lot of them went to the online sale and then the outlets. They're also quite heavy, I have one in chalk.