Almost purchased a bag but didn't... are you glad or do you regret it?

I've bought and regretted, and not bought and regretted. The former is more often than the latter. I did once buy a bag secondhand cheaper that I saw new at NM...I have not regretted snapping it up a year ago.

Got p l e n t y of bag regrets, both ways. Some i still dream of year later when NOT having gotten them, whilst others are barely our of their shopping bag bafore i go "what was i thinking"...
I guess it all boils down to thinking it through - what do i need it for, where will i wear it and when, what will i wear it with.... And if you cant answer those questions rationally, its probably just a nice bag - for someone else...

This definitely happens to me a lot. I know that if I can't stop thinking about a bag for more than a week, then I go ahead and buy it. But if I'm low on money, I just keep thinking about the bag till I have money. Sadly I had a lot of regrets in not buying a bag and with anything like clothes or shoes as well. I think a lot of whether I need it or not and if I can't stop thinking about it.. then yeah I definitely want the bag!

been there done that with that damn rouille! so I know it can be hard. NOt sure yet if I will be glad I passed or not. I actually had another bag sell that I wanted. It was a truffle GGH day and now I am totally kicking myself, it was a great deal. so yes, sometimes I'm glad and others, not so.............
Oh, you mean the icky colored rouille?? um, I think you said you were glad you passed. :graucho::P

It's so hard to resist the urge to buy... I know full well that I shouldn't even consider buying a bag, especially if it's similar to something else in my collection, but it's so difficult to say no! When the moment passes, I'm usually glad that I resisted, but it takes a lot of willpower.

I do this all the time!! I tend to buy bags that I later regret buying just because I got caught up in the moment (well some, not all my bags) and then regret NOT buying the bags I really wanted because I have sane moments that try to stop me from overspending. :nogood:

I've been looking at a gorgeous silver and white siggy fabric Coach in a consignment store for a few weeks and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to pay $200 for it (retail $500).

In the meantime I bought a Liz Claiborne gold and ivory siggy fabric purse at a discount store for $30 - I've only used it a few times and it's already filthy.

So I'm glad I hesitated - no high-priced light-colored cloth bags for me!