After the “revenge dress” here comes the “revenge ring”

More power as you go through exciting new beginnings! Perhaps Chaumet’s Bee My Love (as in self-love) ring could be an option for stacking.
Excellent idea, thanks! I foresee some exciting trips at some nice boutiques :smile:

I have the small Perlée from VCA that I stack with an eternity band for 11 years now and it still looks like new as it doesn’t show scratches if that matters to you :smile:
Oh thanks good to know!
It seems a very nice combination… Can’t wait to try it!

6 months ago, my partner suddenly left after 8 years of living together.
A few weeks after my 40th birthday…
Of course I’ve been through hell, cried my heart out, had to find a new appartement, to move, cried my heart out again, thought my life was over, cried my heart out again and again…
Now, things are starting to get better. So yesterday I took all the gold trinkets he gave me over the years, sold them, and with that money bought myself a nice eternity ring. A friend of mine said it was my version of the “revenge dress”, so we called it the “revenge ring”. I feel relieved that I was able to let go of all the jewellery that reminded me of him, and I love the idea that I traded it for a ring that represents empowerment and the beginning of a new life.
I love the ring by itself even if the diamonds are small, but I’m also thinking of stacking a second ring on top of it. What about a simple Van Cleef perlée ring? Other WG suggestions? I wear a Carrier small clash on the other hand, and like classic but a little bit edgy jewellery…
TIA for your opinions and advices!
View attachment 5788996
Good for you!

• Thanks
Reactions: RachelVerinder
Of course I’ve been through hell, cried my heart out, had to find a new appartement, to move, cried my heart out again, thought my life was over, cried my heart out again and again…
Now, things are starting to get better. So yesterday I took all the gold trinkets he gave me over the years, sold them, and with that money bought myself a nice eternity ring. A friend of mine said it was my version of the “revenge dress”, so we called it the “revenge ring”. I feel relieved that I was able to let go of all the jewellery that reminded me of him, and I love the idea that I traded it for a ring that represents empowerment and the beginning of a new life.
I love the ring by itself even if the diamonds are small, but I’m also thinking of stacking a second ring on top of it. What about a simple Van Cleef perlée ring? Other WG suggestions? I wear a Carrier small clash on the other hand, and like classic but a little bit edgy jewellery…
View attachment 5788996
You did well:flowers:Enjoy the ring by itself,for a while.
Empowerment!:heart:

• Thanks
View attachment 5788996
where did you sell your gold? locally or online?

You did well:flowers:Enjoy the ring by itself,for a while.
Empowerment!:heart:
You’re right, I will wait a little bit before actually adding the new ring. First I will enjoy looking and trying on. As they say it’s not only about the treasure, it’s also about the hunt :smile:

where did you sell your gold? locally or online?
I sold my gold locally, at a serious jeweller’s I’ve known for a long time. And I also bought the eternity ring at the same place. I didn’t know it was possible to sell gold online!

Reactions: LizO... and sdkitty
I sold my gold locally, at a serious jeweller’s I’ve known for a long time. And I also bought the eternity ring at the same place. I didn’t know it was possible to sell gold online!
here's one

Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t know it existed!
here's another one. I don't really have a local jeweler I trust these days. suppose I could go to one jeweler and one pawn shop and see what they say

here's another one. I don't really have a local jeweler I trust these days. suppose I could go to one jeweler and one pawn shop and see what they say
Yes you’d better get several opinions, you could have a good surprise…

Reactions: sdkitty
I’m sorry you’ve gone through hell and am so impressed with your resolve to move on and heal. Good for you for taking back your life!

Your ring is beautiful. I think the perlée would be lovely stacked with it and hope you have a marvelous time hunting for your perfect piece.

• Thanks
A little update, first to thank each of you for your kind words…
It can seems very cliché but time really soothes things, and your nice comments also helped.
As for my “revenge ring” I still love it, and wear it alone at the moment, but I still plan to add something to my stack this summer, before my 41th birthday :smile:. My favourite options are Van Cleef WG perlée and Chopard WG Icecube (with or without diamonds…). But I don’t completely rule out WG Bee my love.
I’ll keep you posted!
Thanks again to everyone :heart:

Hi everyone!
I finally made my choice, and it’s the VCA WG small perlée ring. I also loved Chopard’s WG Ice Cube with diamonds, but it was unwise to spend that kind of money right now… so maybe later!

I’m very pleased with my new ring, as I can either stack it or wear it as a pointer finger ring.

Thanks again everyone for your kindness and support !

IMG_1703.jpeg
IMG_1704.jpeg

Hi everyone!
I finally made my choice, and it’s the VCA WG small perlée ring. I also loved Chopard’s WG Ice Cube with diamonds, but it was unwise to spend that kind of money right now… so maybe later!

I’m very pleased with my new ring, as I can either stack it or wear it as a pointer finger ring.

Thanks again everyone for your kindness and support !

View attachment 5849493
View attachment 5849497
Congrats! They are beautiful, and I am so happy for you :biggrin:

• Thanks