Advice on Cleaning VACHETTA Handles!

i had no idea vachetta leather could be cleaned! if i knew earlier i would of tried before replacing the trim on my neverfull. The good news is i only replaced the trim... but not the handles. I'll have to try this!

Thank you so much!

This may have been discussed ad nauseum, but my tPF search function has been acting up ... I used Lexol to clean my vachetta, and hydrate it, and it's now drying out. What do you guys recommend for rehydration? I have Bally leather lotion, and Blackrock's at home ...

Amazon or Ebay carries the Apple leather conditioner :smile: However... I've been getting some mixed reviews on using the Magic Eraser... So I've been going back & forth between trying that out to clean my LV bags & wallets or just biting the bullet & spend $80 bucks plus shipping on the Lovinmybag brand... I'm too scared to try either one. Please let me know how it works out for you after you've tried it, or has anyone else tried either & actually got the results they hoped for??? Please HELP!

I use Apple Guard conditioner/cleanser on all my vachetta with beautiful results. Just don't freak out when you put it on at first because the leather darkens but once it's fully dry you won't see the darkness. I would stay away from the magic eraser. I have also used LMB products and they also work great. If you spend the money to invest in luxury items, don't hesitate to spend the $80 or so to get the proper maintenance products. Just my .02.

Do you have any experience on using Lexol cleaner? Does it darken vachetta?

Im reading mixed reviews. I've seen YouTube videos using lexol and it didn't darken their vachettas. But I've seen an Amazon review that lexol cleaner ruined her 3 LV bags such that the vachetta looked aged and old.

Is Lexol cleaner safe for vachetta?

Do you have any experience on using Lexol cleaner? Does it darken vachetta?

Im reading mixed reviews. I've seen YouTube videos using lexol and it didn't darken their vachettas. But I've seen an Amazon review that lexol cleaner ruined her 3 LV bags such that the vachetta looked aged and old.

Is Lexol cleaner safe for vachetta?
I wouldn't try it.

How about saddle soap? I saw videos using saddle soap in alcohol free wet wipes to clean their vachetta handles. Do you need to wipe it off with damp tower after application?