A limit on how many Birkins you can buy?

As for the quota, I guess it is what it is--I am usually an "open access" kind of person, but even I would be somewhat offended if resellers were buying 10-20 bags (or even scarves) of one kind per year - although the mark up wouldn't offend me as much as the depletion in the market of that particular item for all others. So I understand some of the points raised above....however, not sure about the connotation of H only being about Bs and Ks (don't know where that came from as I don't think anyone who comes to this forum regularly and has more than 10 posts believes that at all--on a personal level, it took me two decades to even buy one bag for myself although I always had access to H stock as a young girl--and even then, mainly accessories). As one poster mentioned, some people have to grow into H--others want it immediately. I was one who had to grow into it, thinking Chanel, Prada and Ms. Gonzalez was the end all and be all, but mainly thinking my grandmother and mother couldn't be right. Was I ever wrong. But it took me through my teens and twenties to get there. Also, for those who may only be interested in buying Bs and Ks (although I personally find that hard to believe), the only thing I would have to say to them is simply that they have exquisite and exceptional taste. Enough said. Who am I to judge? I'm just another client customer, not a genetic member of the H family.

I have yet to purchase a bag from the store....accessories by the boatload....but not a bag as yet...just glad that H is open to anyone picking up a bag on the shelf and buying it....I will guesstimate here and say that by the time you pick a bag up from the shelf and walk it over to the counter to purchase it, when they ring you up, even if they see that you had earlier purchases of Bs and/or Ks, they will still swipe your card...at least in the US....our history with private businesses and access by any manner of person to commercial goods that are readily available for any customer is somewhat more fraught than other nations.....indeed, we had an entire movement in this country that makes it less likely than any other place in the world for a commercial establishment to turn your business away IF you picked that item up from a shelf.....obviously, this is different if the item is not on the shelf...ergo, H's apparent quota for items it has "in the back"....

I think these quota are ridiculous since they do not apply to all customers. If a customer has been regularly purchasing other items, they should not have that quota.

They usually don't have the restriction. But I see it like this ... once you purchase a Birkin .... your brownie points reduce to zero. You need to earn them all over again and then some .... Something to this effect. I am sure you know what I mean ... It's H reward system. We know that, don't we?

As for the quota, I guess it is what it is--I am usually an "open access" kind of person, but even I would be somewhat offended if resellers were buying 10-20 bags (or even scarves) of one kind per year - although the mark up wouldn't offend me as much as the depletion in the market of that particular item for all others. So I understand some of the points raised above....however, not sure about the connotation of H only being about Bs and Ks (don't know where that came from as I don't think anyone who comes to this forum regularly and has more than 10 posts believes that at all--on a personal level, it took me two decades to even buy one bag for myself although I always had access to H stock as a young girl--and even then, mainly accessories). As one poster mentioned, some people have to grow into H--others want it immediately. I was one who had to grow into it, thinking Chanel, Prada and Ms. Gonzalez was the end all and be all, but mainly thinking my grandmother and mother couldn't be right. Was I ever wrong. But it took me through my teens and twenties to get there. Also, for those who may only be interested in buying Bs and Ks (although I personally find that hard to believe), the only thing I would have to say to them is simply that they have exquisite and exceptional taste. Enough said. Who am I to judge? I'm just another client customer, not a genetic member of the H family.

I have yet to purchase a bag from the store....accessories by the boatload....but not a bag as yet...just glad that H is open to anyone picking up a bag on the shelf and buying it....I will guesstimate here and say that by the time you pick a bag up from the shelf and walk it over to the counter to purchase it, when they ring you up, even if they see that you had earlier purchases of Bs and/or Ks, they will still swipe your card...at least in the US....our history with private businesses and access by any manner of person to commercial goods that are readily available for any customer is somewhat more fraught than other nations.....indeed, we had an entire movement in this country that makes it less likely than any other place in the world for a commercial establishment to turn your business away IF you picked that item up from a shelf.....obviously, this is different if the item is not on the shelf...ergo, H's apparent quota for items it has "in the back"....

Like I posted earlier, IF the bag is on the shelf, they will let ANYONE buy it. I think we have singled this out as a unique scenario on its own. If they don't want to sell it to a customer, trust me, you won't even get as far as the tills or have the time to whip out your credit card. They will tell a customer the Birkin is not for sale.

Like I posted earlier, IF the bag is on the shelf, they will let ANYONE buy it. I think we have singled this out as a unique scenario on its own. If they don't want to sell it to a customer, trust me, you won't even get as far as the tills or have the time to whip out your credit card. They will tell a customer the Birkin is not for sale.

It is still up to the SA's discretion I think... I was told that an SB on the shelf is not for sale. I just wanted to see, not buy, but the SA told me that anyway.

It is not supposed to be the norm, because prior to this, I have never been denied the opportunity to buy anything that was sitting on the shelf. It was just bizarre.

I bought a birkin, kelly & a kelly cut in the last couple of months, as well as lots of accessories, I want another kelly but my SA is making me wait until January as she says the "rule" is one kelly and one birkin per year. I do have a double sens on the way though.