A *I STILL can’t believe it* reveal

I’m definitely a bit of a lurker, sharing some fun bag offers here and there, but I’ve so enjoyed this forum for so many years (I think I joined back in 2009?), I feel that this one deserves its own little special post.

I should preface this by saving I’ve loved Hermes since I discovered it in college. I loved the look of the Kelly and Jypsiere and their scarves . Couldn’t afford a single thing so I just admired from afar. Bought two scarves for parents on a Europe trip after graduating, after stepping foot for the first time ever in any Hermes boutique while in Paris. I wouldn’t step foot into my (now) home boutique until years later, after I established my career and had kids! I was super lucky, the very first sales associate I ever talked with there has been my sales associate ever since. And she’s the loveliest and nicest person, and has never made me feel one bit uncomfortable since I’ve started shopping with her.

I’m hopeful many you guys can relate to this, but I always had a secret HG bag that I coveted, but had come to terms with that I would likely never be able to receive an offer for (and not to be a downer about this - just being realistic about things). I believed this so much that I never even spoke the name out loud, and figured I’d only mention purses I loved, wanted, and would be attainable to my lovely SA (who really is the nicest person, and who never would have judged even if I had told her all my outrageous wishes).

Then, I heard the news about “normal” birkin 20s possibly coming out - and about went crazy with this news and messaged my SA right away to wipe my wishlist clean and put a 20, if it were true and coming out soon, the very top of my list. I was pretty enthusiastic about this - and my SA knows I love smaller bags as I don’t carry much with me.

Then, on my scheduled visit with her to make a few purchases, she mentioned to my husband that there was something super special and on my wishlist beforehand. In my head, I was thinking that I had just updated my wishlist to JUST a birkin 20, but previously did request a Kelly pochette or mini Kelly, and that I’d pretty much never turn down a birkin 25. So, the hubby and I were thinking that I might’ve finally gotten a pochette.

When the day came, and she brought out my items, I was definitely eyeing THE box. I know you guys are good at identifying purses BY the box. That’s definitely still a work in progress for me, but I did immediately notice it was very square, and very small. So, first little bit of excitement!

When we finally get to THE box, my SA expressed quite a bit of excitement for this. She started giving me the details (anything in parenthesis will be my internal thought process throughout this)

“…..this is a birkin…..”(OMG this isn’t a pochette….no way!!!)
“in the sellier style……”(hmmm I’ve never asked for sellier, only a size 20 that I know comes in a sellier style……)
“in a size 20……” (Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t)
“And it’s a faubourg” (……………….)

I essentially hyperventilated and about died right then and there. Hot flashes too , and shaking

When she revealed it little by little, she left the color reveal until she could open the dust bag. It was a Snow faubourg too. And it was quite literally, my dream bag. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first two versions, and white has always been my favorite color, so this was IT for me!

View attachment 5782220View attachment 5782222View attachment 5782223View attachment 5782224View attachment 5782221
Last one is next to my beton birkin (one of my first bags).

Thanks for letting me share! I don’t have many people in my life that would quite understand the overwhelming excitement about this whole experience like this group! And the patience and the surprises that the Hermes journey comes with!
OMG!!! WOW WOW WOW!! Congratulations on this beauty! Thank you for sharing you wonderful adventure. Enjoy! :drinks:

Reactions: Mio86
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Stop it! What!? No! That is it, I would have fainted, right there. Where do you go from here? I know there is the Diamond Himalayan, but that is a crazy $325k+. Congratulations on the cutest little Birkin in the world. Now you must plan all of your social occasions around it! Hahaha, just kidding. Of course, that is exactly what I would do if I got this unicorn.

BTW, is your adorable kitty an Exotic Shorthair? Such amazing, loving sweethearts.

Last edited:
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Stop it! What!? No! That is it, I would have fainted, right there. Where do you go from here? I know there is the Diamond Himalayan, but that is a crazy $325k+. Congratulations on the cutest little Birkin in the world. Now you must plan all of your social occasions around it! Hahaha, just kidding. Of course, that is exactly what I would do if I got this unicorn.

BTW, is your adorable kitty an Exotic Shorthair? Such amazing, loving sweethearts.
Haha you said it!!! I usually already plan my social occasions and outfits around my purses anyways….I feel like I now need to go outfit shopping. :P

I love throwing out the phrase ‘purse peace’, I feel like I say this every time I make a purchase (including when I got my second birkin and had a black and white duo and told my husband I was good and could die happy now), but this time, I really do feel like I’m at peace! ;):lol: At the very least, I should get a good few months of pure contentment! Hehe. I will say - the kelly pochette and mini Kelly continue to evade me (but I will NEVER utter a word of complaint again - definitely don’t want to piss off any hermes entity out there).

It is indeed an exotic shorthair! I actually have 2, the one pictured is my firstborn! I love their smushed in faces SOOO much. I got him during residency when it was crazy high stress. His face made me smile, and he was meant to be a reminder of what truly mattered, to keep work at work. He’s been through countless moves, including cross country, and the addition of noisy, boisterous siblings in fur and human forms! His grumpy face and chubby cheeks are still going strong!

P.S. I promise I still have all my priorities straight….especially with it being Mother’s Day today! My family is still my world, Hermes is just my secret obsessive indulgence! lol

Wow, its a Master Piece! Congratulations!
This is exactly what I want to say, every time I got a new Hermes bag, I will definitely look for some new outfits and accessories to match with the new baby, it extends my excitement and happiness, Happy Shopping! Enjoy and have fun!
You will be a Super Star when you carry this bag, get prepared! Lucky YOU!!!

I’m definitely a bit of a lurker, sharing some fun bag offers here and there, but I’ve so enjoyed this forum for so many years (I think I joined back in 2009?), I feel that this one deserves its own little special post.

I should preface this by saving I’ve loved Hermes since I discovered it in college. I loved the look of the Kelly and Jypsiere and their scarves . Couldn’t afford a single thing so I just admired from afar. Bought two scarves for parents on a Europe trip after graduating, after stepping foot for the first time ever in any Hermes boutique while in Paris. I wouldn’t step foot into my (now) home boutique until years later, after I established my career and had kids! I was super lucky, the very first sales associate I ever talked with there has been my sales associate ever since. And she’s the loveliest and nicest person, and has never made me feel one bit uncomfortable since I’ve started shopping with her.

I’m hopeful many you guys can relate to this, but I always had a secret HG bag that I coveted, but had come to terms with that I would likely never be able to receive an offer for (and not to be a downer about this - just being realistic about things). I believed this so much that I never even spoke the name out loud, and figured I’d only mention purses I loved, wanted, and would be attainable to my lovely SA (who really is the nicest person, and who never would have judged even if I had told her all my outrageous wishes).

Then, I heard the news about “normal” birkin 20s possibly coming out - and about went crazy with this news and messaged my SA right away to wipe my wishlist clean and put a 20, if it were true and coming out soon, the very top of my list. I was pretty enthusiastic about this - and my SA knows I love smaller bags as I don’t carry much with me.

Then, on my scheduled visit with her to make a few purchases, she mentioned to my husband that there was something super special and on my wishlist beforehand. In my head, I was thinking that I had just updated my wishlist to JUST a birkin 20, but previously did request a Kelly pochette or mini Kelly, and that I’d pretty much never turn down a birkin 25. So, the hubby and I were thinking that I might’ve finally gotten a pochette.

When the day came, and she brought out my items, I was definitely eyeing THE box. I know you guys are good at identifying purses BY the box. That’s definitely still a work in progress for me, but I did immediately notice it was very square, and very small. So, first little bit of excitement!

When we finally get to THE box, my SA expressed quite a bit of excitement for this. She started giving me the details (anything in parenthesis will be my internal thought process throughout this)

“…..this is a birkin…..”(OMG this isn’t a pochette….no way!!!)
“in the sellier style……”(hmmm I’ve never asked for sellier, only a size 20 that I know comes in a sellier style……)
“in a size 20……” (Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t)
“And it’s a faubourg” (……………….)

I essentially hyperventilated and about died right then and there. Hot flashes too , and shaking

When she revealed it little by little, she left the color reveal until she could open the dust bag. It was a Snow faubourg too. And it was quite literally, my dream bag. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first two versions, and white has always been my favorite color, so this was IT for me!

View attachment 5782220View attachment 5782222View attachment 5782223View attachment 5782224View attachment 5782221
Last one is next to my beton birkin (one of my first bags).

Thanks for letting me share! I don’t have many people in my life that would quite understand the overwhelming excitement about this whole experience like this group! And the patience and the surprises that the Hermes journey comes with!
Lovely reveal, happy that you were offered your dream bag!