2022 Holiday Pendant

Received this email from VCA just moments ago regarding the HP!

Attaching photos here for anyone who is interested in seeing it.
This is their first official photo of the 2022 HP.

I assumed when I clicked on the link in the email, it would take me to their website with information on the HP. Instead it’s a generic video about the making of the Alhambra.

099F466E-7378-4109-8BB2-A57036E9361A.png

A4DDAB9E-4703-4DB8-BD08-7751A91925BF.png

FE0DC841-7554-404A-A61F-FA7B41FB3FB8.png

153526E1-C882-4BFC-8A91-203C6FE1EE78.png

Well, I finally got the phone call to buy the holiday pendant yesterday…. And I said yes. Of course. Even though the holiday season is technically past, but you know.

Sigh. My money. I also put down a deposit in November for the Fendi x Tiffany bag. I guess they will (hopefully) match, which is why I initially wanted both the pendant and the bag. On one hand I’m glad, because both of these limited pieces were quite challenging to get. But on the other hand, I feel like I want to just get all the items in my long term list out of the way.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to buy the 5 motif diamond bracelet this year. Ugh. My wishlist… I feel like I need to make another update to it. I still need a yellow gold bracelet.

Well, I finally got the phone call to buy the holiday pendant yesterday…. And I said yes. Of course. Even though the holiday season is technically past, but you know.

Sigh. My money. I also put down a deposit in November for the Fendi x Tiffany bag. I guess they will (hopefully) match, which is why I initially wanted both the pendant and the bag. On one hand I’m glad, because both of these limited pieces were quite challenging to get. But on the other hand, I feel like I want to just get all the items in my long term list out of the way.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to buy the 5 motif diamond bracelet this year. Ugh. My wishlist… I feel like I need to make another update to it. I still need a yellow gold bracelet.
Congrats on securing the HP! I think the HP + Fendi x Tiffany will be something you treasure together for many years to come.

That’s the thing about wishlists - there are those items we just know we have to have, but every now and then something limited edition pops up.
The VA 5 Motif Pavè Bracelet has also been on my list forever as well :lol:.

I wouldn’t stress too much about what you don’t have or other items getting in the way of your main list. Try to enjoy your current collection, wear it in good health, and enjoy the journey along the way :heart:. One day you will look back and own everything on your wishlist.

Please do share photos of the HP + Fendi x Tiffany together once you have them! Congrats again :yahoo:

Finally got my pendant in the mail! When I first opened it, in the box’s shadow, it looked a lot greener than I was expecting. But when it’s in the light, the color is a much more vibrant color. I asked for a very vivid shade. It also photographs a lot more vibrantly than it appears to my eyes. On the scale of green or blue, it’s really hard to say which side it falls more closely to.

2FB39728-6119-4DAE-9B8C-DEB7A823B0A6.jpeg

Finally got my pendant in the mail! When I first opened it, in the box’s shadow, it looked a lot greener than I was expecting. But when it’s in the light, the color is a much more vibrant color. I asked for a very vivid shade. It also photographs a lot more vibrantly than it appears to my eyes. On the scale of green or blue, it’s really hard to say which side it falls more closely to.

View attachment 5695000
Absolutely gorgeous!

Funny how things work out, but my mom and sister decided to also get the holiday pendant and now we have 3. The manager at VCA said that the colors were all very standardized for the celadon. I still requested the most vibrant one. But I have to say that after seeing them all together, I can confirm that the colors being the same is pretty much exactly the case. I’ve really been trying hard to see if I should switch one of the pendants, but decided against it, since I can’t see a noticeable difference.

0056FA3C-A499-4C4A-9130-F8D73C8D7F2C.jpeg

835D3EA1-E150-4C2B-A021-757B99F2DBEA.jpeg

I'm curious...in the end, did everyone who wanted one get one? I'd like to know if the hype was manufactured or real... I wonder what's in store for 2023....
I also wonder about this. If I get 2 more pendants, I could make a bracelet. Or maybe we could turn the two pendants into earrings.

What I was told about the availability is that the stores have to get director approval to sell the holiday pendants to a customer. And you have to be a preexisting client who spent $20k in the last year. But that was not the case for me. I think for me, they approved it because I’m planning to buy the pave Alhambra bracelet this year for my birthday. Otherwise, who knows how any of this works. It feels a lot more discretionary than actually based upon some concrete eligibility rules.

I also wonder about this. If I get 2 more pendants, I could make a bracelet. Or maybe we could turn the two pendants into earrings.

What I was told about the availability is that the stores have to get director approval to sell the holiday pendants to a customer. And you have to be a preexisting client who spent $20k in the last year. But that was not the case for me. I think for me, they approved it because I’m planning to buy the pave Alhambra bracelet this year for my birthday. Otherwise, who knows how any of this works. It feels a lot more discretionary than actually based upon some concrete eligibility rules.
I think there’s lots of rumors of what the official policy is but ultimately the manager can do what they want.

I'm curious...in the end, did everyone who wanted one get one? I'd like to know if the hype was manufactured or real... I wonder what's in store for 2023....
Considering people are still able to purchase the HP even now I would say everyone who wanted one probably got one as VCA tries to finish off the remaining stock. Not sure if they would purposely make even less qty this year to make them appear even more exclusive. I feel there was more demand for pink (the rhodonite) compared to the WG blue celadon in the Asian market.

I think there’s lots of rumors of what the official policy is but ultimately the manager can do what they want.
I think you're both right. There was nothing concrete and they essentially made an assessment on how valued you were as a customer and your potential spending power in the future

This would make a very pretty bracelet, but my concern would be if they would refuse to service it because of the after market adjustments. I'd want to still be able to have the rhodium redone if necessary for a white gold piece.
Considering people are still able to purchase the HP even now I would say everyone who wanted one probably got one as VCA tries to finish off the remaining stock. Not sure if they would purposely make even less qty this year to make them appear even more exclusive. I feel there was more demand for pink (the rhodonite) compared to the WG blue celadon in the Asian market.
Do they actually have pendants left? Did they ever make it online in the end? I think pink seems to be the holy grail colour....possibly lilac also.

Reactions: sunshineshiney
My lovely SA managed to secure a holiday pendant for me and it finally arrived at my doorstep today!!! It’s absolutely gorgeous and here’s a comparison of it next to my 2020 holiday pendant in white gold guilloche (like one happy family lol). This HP would actually look very nice paired with my sweet butterfly pendant even though it’s gold-toned. So excited to finally add this to my jewelry collection!

4D665F33-A44E-4295-B0F3-3D490A2F6D21.jpeg

E04C153F-576D-464F-A174-04BEA0797BC7.jpeg

20F8CC92-4204-4B21-839B-E045EC8B98FB.jpeg

My lovely SA managed to secure a holiday pendant for me and it finally arrived at my doorstep today!!! It’s absolutely gorgeous and here’s a comparison of it next to my 2020 holiday pendant in white gold guilloche (like one happy family lol). This HP would actually look very nice paired with my sweet butterfly pendant even though it’s gold-toned. So excited to finally add this to my jewelry collection!

View attachment 5730804

View attachment 5730805

View attachment 5730806

I love your sweet butterfly with the 2022 HP. It's like it's landing on a lil flower. :heart: