2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cookiefiend, your blue bags are lovely. I need to learn more about the Dalvy. That seems like a great size and style.
@880, I love all your blue bags, but most especially the Kelly -- such a beauty!
@More bags, your blue bags are gorgeous. Such a rich, beautiful blue! I must say I also admire the blue bags that are no longer with you -- your Alma and the Mademoiselle Vintage Flap.
@BowieFan1971, lovely blue bags! Congrats on your new pocket square. It looks great on you!
@Hazzelnut, congrats on your purchase and looking forward to pics after you receive the bag!

Last edited:
So...I may have purchased the bag at lunch today...:giggle: I just couldn’t resist when I got a text asking if I still wanted it as they had someone else interested. Have decided I’ll know better when I see it and can always return it if it doesn’t work. Although I have high hopes!

The SLG also sold today so I feel less guilty!

The store is in London so I’m unable to visit, but the SA there is great and sending me detailed photos.
No guilt! One in, one out!!!

I keep hearing everyone should use a retinoid. But, I tried once and after a few days it felt like my face had been burned off. I should probably find out who the best derm in my area is and go in for a consult.
I use prescription now, but I’ve used OTC. I’m dark skinned and very prone to milia and hyperpigmentation. IMO, use less than the prescribed pea amount and definitely not every day. I don’t even do every other day.
every other day is my sweet spot. I can’t use it every day. Most important...SPF, SPF, SPF! I don’t care if you are going outside or not, if it is daylight hours, wear SPF, ESPECIALLY if using retinol.
ITA with the advice above. I need to use SPF bc I cannot have laser treatment for hyperpigmentation if I get any color. In addition to SPF 50 or 70, I wear a hat and large sunglasses. Yes, with a mask, it’s a bit much :biggrin: BC I’m prone to milia, I remove the SPF with generic CVS brand miscellar water (the garnier dupe that I think is better than the original) . If that’s not available and I have to use an an oil cleanser, I followed by a BHA (I use paulas choice) to remove the oil
Thank you for your kind words, @More bags and @Purses & Perfumes !@Purses & Perfumes, I adore your blue lady Dior with ghw! It makes me rethink my devotion to phw! Hugs

Last edited:
The scarf is beautiful! I'm in love with the Bally! The Halzan style looks very nice for only $22!
Thank you! I was so happy the SA pulled this out of a bottom drawer! Never would have picked out a CW that says fuschia, but I put it up to my face and my cheeks got rosy and my eyes popped! Very pleasantly surprised!
The Bally is lamb skin...super soft. Had to do some restoration...it was so dried out it was light denim blue!A little love and care... :heart:
I was extremely surprised by the quality of the H. The leather is really thick and nice! No stamp or maker on it, so it’s not a fake H...exactly...

Spectacular pics of your blue bags Doni. I especially love your Verrou. Is that a back slip pocket? :heart:

It does have a back slip pocket that fits my phone perfectly. It really is such a well designed bag. This one would be close to perfect if it wasn’t for the leather. I am just not fond of Epsom...

My blue bags,
  • Louis Vuitton Bleu Nuit Alma Vernis PM
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs Electric Stage Blue Natasha
  • Chanel 16A Navy Sheepskin Mademoiselle Vintage Flap
View attachment 5006247View attachment 5006248

• Hermes So Kelly Eclat 22 Bleu Saphir/Bleu Izmir Taurillon Clemence
View attachment 5006249

Nice collection! That Chanel flap with the enamel clasp is just SO elegant...

I remove the SPF with generic CVS brand miscellar water (the garnier dupe that I think is better than the original) . If that’s not available and I have to use an an oil cleanser, I followed by a BHA (I use paulas choice) to remove the oil
Thank you for your kind words, @More bags ! Hugs

I though Garnier was a dupe of Bioderma :lol:

Blues I also have a lot of...
Coach Dinky 24 in dark denim
20210228_141728.jpg
Vintage Willis in navy
20210228_065820.jpg
Bleecker Daily Bag in sea mist (its under the SLG, it's a flat style that can be crossbody, shoulder or clutch)
20210228_065421.jpg
Ergo tote in patent real
20201002_164500.jpg
MZ Wallace small sutton in estate blue
20201015_070121.jpg
Rogue 30 in steel blue
20190810_114823.jpg
Janice's Legacy (not quite vintage) in a dark blue that in person is not quite Navy under Coach standards
20200416_162604.jpg
And last but not least, Legacy Duffle in tourmaline
20190728_143003.jpg

My blue bags,
  • Louis Vuitton Bleu Nuit Alma Vernis PM
  • Chanel 16A Navy Sheepskin Mademoiselle Vintage Flap
View attachment 5006247View attachment 5006248

• Hermes So Kelly Eclat 22 Bleu Saphir/Bleu Izmir Taurillon Clemence
View attachment 5006249
I love your So Kelly!
Thank you! :flowers:
Your blue bags are beautiful! I especially like the Marc by Marc Jacobs bags! He did some incredible colors! :love::love::love:

Such beauties! :loveeyes: Great job on your Stats!

Love it! :hbeat:

Really beautiful! I love the vibrato Pico! :loveeyes:

Congratulations on selling six bags! :yahoo::happydance:
Thank you! ❤️
My blue bags-
Navy quilted Bally
Gucci coated canvas in navy
Teal no name Halzan 25 style bag...I bought for $22 to see if I like it before thinking about a real one in black. Glad I did...now I know I would need a 31. Jury is out on the style.

I saw a Bolide 31 in Gold Clemence today...Oh My Word! Gorgeous!!! But no more brown bags for me!View attachment 5006344View attachment 5006346View attachment 5006348View attachment 5006350View attachment 5006367 It did help me decide on a 31 over a 27 and that I loved the supple and slight slouchiness of the Clemence on the Bolide.

And my new Hermès pocket square! I love it! Makes my eyes pop and it is a horse but abstract. :yahoo:
Love that Gucci and the bow you made for it, but that scarf - omg - it’s perfect!
It was me! I'm glad you finally used it and like it! When I don't feel like exercising, I just stand on it, just doing small movements. I think it helps me loosen up and I think it is helping me with balance.
Thank you - I definitely think it will help with balance!
Do tell -- what is it? I'm a Hermes newbie (I have a trim in Swift leather).
It‘s box leather - the K and the Drag are too, but this particular leather is silky. My hands are drawn to it when I’m in the passenger seat. Every time I touch it, I think to myself “zomg - so beautiful.“
The other two are beautiful and smooth too, and have a lovely hand, but they don’t have the incredible silky feel of the Dalvy.
It’s box leather though, so it is still structured and firm as it should be (no puddles of soft snuggly leather for me - I need structure!)... Box is my favorite H leather without a doubt. ❤️
@Cookiefiend, your blue bags are lovely. I need to learn more about the Dalvy. That seems like a great size and style.
@More bags, your blue bags are gorgeous. Such a rich, beautiful blue! I must say I also admire the blue bags that are no longer with you -- your Alma and the Mademoiselle Vintage Flap.
@BowieFan1971, lovely blue bags! Congrats on your new pocket square. It looks great on you!
@Hazzelnut, congrats on your purchase and looking forward to pics after you receive the bag!
I am very pleased with it - the fastener is a bit fiddly (not easy), but it’s so cute!

View attachment 5006430
Vintage Willis in navy
View attachment 5006431
Bleecker Daily Bag in sea mist (its under the SLG, it's a flat style that can be crossbody, shoulder or clutch)
View attachment 5006432
Ergo tote in patent real
View attachment 5006433
View attachment 5006434
Rogue 30 in steel blue
View attachment 5006435
Janice's Legacy (not quite vintage) in a dark blue that in person is not quite Navy under Coach standards
View attachment 5006438
View attachment 5006439
beautiful blues... I love the Dinky!
View attachment 5006447View attachment 5006448
My two other blue bags: Camellia wallet on chain and Henri Bendel Waldorf satchel.
Gorgeous! I really like the HB Waldorf - what a cool bag!

View attachment 5006437
My blue bags:
First up is Lady Dior. I have often wondered if I should have gotten a lighter color like gray since I also have the black one, but I just love this color!
View attachment 5006447View attachment 5006448
My two other blue bags: Camellia wallet on chain and Henri Bendel Waldorf satchel.
The Dior is absolutely perfect. I've loved camellia quilting forever. The HB looks luxe. I'd love to raid your closet.

View attachment 5006430
Vintage Willis in navy
View attachment 5006431
View attachment 5006432
Ergo tote in patent real
View attachment 5006433
View attachment 5006434
Rogue 30 in steel blue
View attachment 5006435
View attachment 5006438
View attachment 5006439
That Tourmaline! :eek: :heart:

View attachment 5006430
Vintage Willis in navy
View attachment 5006431
View attachment 5006432
Ergo tote in patent real
View attachment 5006433
View attachment 5006434
Rogue 30 in steel blue
View attachment 5006435
View attachment 5006438
View attachment 5006439
Lovely! I've always been in love with tourmaline. I had one in my hands once but it was in terrible condition. I have the scarf that matches your fishy wristlet.