Zoya nail polish

I use different base coats, but always use Seche Vite topcoat - no problem with wear.

MJDaisy, could you have had something on your nails without realizing before you polished? Like lotion, hairspray, cleaning products? Something like that would prevent the polish from sticking to the nail, just a thought.

I am surprised as well. I typically get 8-11 days out of a Zoya manicure, and I don't even use the Color Lock system. I use Ulta Silk Wrap base coat and Orly In a Snap top coat.

i didn't use a base coat or a top coat :confused1: i don't know why it wouldn't work. I used a different zoya and it was lasted a day, which was better than the night the other one was on. that is weird though that it's so awful on me.

Using basecoat and topcoat will extend the wear. www.alllacqueredup.com did a post a couple of years ago discussing the fact that Zoya polishes work best when paired with Zoya's base coat and top coat. Here's the post -- http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2007/07/top-coat-challenge-zoya-armor.html

(She also recommends using basecoat for the mattes, even though you won't be using topcoat if you want them to stay matte.)

I use Zoya with Anchor and Armor, and then top the entire thing with a coat of Seche Vite. That combo wears like iron on me, and I'm really hard on manicures!

I'm sorry it didn't work well for you. I'd try it again with the Color Lock system and see if it wears any better :smile:.

which item from the color lock collection do you use that makes the polish stay this long?

I just have Armor & Anchor.

And I'll start by doing the normal manicure things, like pushing cuticles back, massaging in moisturizing oil, buffing nails, trimming, etc. and then I wash my hands, and DRY my nails with a towel, making sure to never touch them again. If I do, I do a quick swipe with nail polish remover. I apply Anchor... let it dry for a good five or so minutes, then 1 coat of polish on each hand, and then I repeat for another coat... making sure to get the tips of my nails, after that dries I apply Armor and make sure it's dry before I do anything or go to bed (hate those marks!). If needed, I'll apply Armor every now and again, but I'm telling you - for my nails, this stuff WORKS - it's really incredible.

This lasts long for me, sometimes a little too long. Sometimes I swear this stuff fuses to my nails. They end up looking really bad once I finally get it off. :sad: I worry what it does to my nails.

Zoya's actually the brand I've had the best luck with as far as chipping! I use Butter London base and top coats with all my polishes, but I've been able to wear Zoya for 8 full days with no chips and almost no tipwear, but I've seen complaints from other people about it chipping easily.