YSL price increase

Europe prices are now increased. Been looking for the Kaia mini satchel for a while and not been able to get it as it has been sold out forever.
Think it was sold at 1490 eur before, now 1600 eur on ysl.com.

I happen to come across a price decrease for one item which is interesting.

In June I saw that the medium grain de poudre envelop bag was $3050 USD. (link shows screenshot in one of my posts)
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ysl-envelope-bag-wear-and-tear.1062326/

And I just happened to scroll through the website today, and I see that the price has dropped to $2950.
1701271597825.png

Perhaps they are doing some price adjustments as well?

Interesting. Price DECREASE on the YSL Loulou line supposedly coming. I don't think it's so much a production cost saving as much as YSL got a little too greedy with recent price increases and their sales have dropped due to that and general decrease in luxury spending but eh maybe it's a combo of factors.

Interesting!
I’ve been eyeing the toy for a while, but cant justify the price as it stands now. Curious is the price will decrease here in Europe as well.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I think YSL has hiked up prices too much over the pandemic. Now, I rather just pool my money and buy from Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or even Hermes.

YSL came back from out of nowhere, and have no after sales repair/ service. What if one day due to mismanagement, the company disappears from the radar again? What happens to a YSL collection? I'm glad I only have two pieces.

I think YSL has hiked up prices too much over the pandemic. Now, I rather just pool my money and buy from Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or even Hermes.

YSL came back from out of nowhere, and have no after sales repair/ service. What if one day due to mismanagement, the company disappears from the radar again? What happens to a YSL collection? I'm glad I only have two pieces.
I had a Lou camera bag bought online via Farfetched. My pet rabbit bit the strap and damaged it a bit. I went to my local store. They won't do anything because I bought it online.
So it's true they don't have after sales service.

Reactions: keishapie1973

I had a Lou camera bag bought online via Farfetched. My pet rabbit bit the strap and damaged it a bit. I went to my local store. They won't do anything because I bought it online.
So it's true they don't have after sales service.

I have had after sales services for YSL. I have only used them for clothes and not for bags.
However, my SA has always offered after sales repairs and services for my bags whenever I mention a potential issue or concerns about wear and tear down the line.
(Have shopped from the YSL boutique since 2017 and had 3 wonderful SA's who have given me consistent service.)

I have had after sales services for YSL. I have only used them for clothes and not for bags.
However, my SA has always offered after sales repairs and services for my bags whenever I mention a potential issue or concerns about wear and tear down the line.
(Have shopped from the YSL boutique since 2017 and had 3 wonderful SA's who have given me consistent service.)
You should take in your bag and actually test out the after sales service. They might just be saying it so you buy ready to wear. Clothing is easy to fix and tailor to fit you, you only need a good seamstress, but leather goods, I doubt they have the system set up.

You should take in your bag and actually test out the after sales service. They might just be saying it so you buy ready to wear. Clothing is easy to fix and tailor to fit you, you only need a good seamstress, but leather goods, I doubt they have the system set up.
I understand what you mean.
However, I buy what I like regardless of what they say about after care services. I have my own alterations person who used to work for Dior so if it's is something that YSL or any other brand cannot do, I know she can do it. She works wonders!
The last time I sent in a piece of RTW for a zipper fix, they just straight up replaced it with a brand new one.

I believe I asked my SA about the chipping on my YSL black on black hardware and she told me she would look into it and later reached back out to me and quoted $250 USD for the repairs. I have been shopping from her for quite some time so I would like to believe and trust that she is not making some number up on the fly.
The reason why I did not send my bag away for repairs is because (in general for all brands), I really dislike the wait time. :P The chipping was very minimal and tbh, I had that bag for over 7 years, so I said I would wait for the chipping to get worse enough to send it. So far it hasn't gotten that much worse, so I have no reason to send it in atm.
I believe I sent in a Dior belt to get 1-2 extra hole punches in, and it took them 7 weeks....7 weeks for a hole punch. My goodness, if I had know it was going to take that long, I would have done it myself! :lol:

• Insightful
Reactions: Grande Latte
Interesting. Price DECREASE on the YSL Loulou line supposedly coming. I don't think it's so much a production cost saving as much as YSL got a little too greedy with recent price increases and their sales have dropped due to that and general decrease in luxury spending but eh maybe it's a combo of factors.

They definitely hiked their prices too high. It will take a lot to get back to where they were. They became very popular but lost customers after the drastic increase. I still love my bags but haven’t bought anything in years.

I understand what you mean.
However, I buy what I like regardless of what they say about after care services. I have my own alterations person who used to work for Dior so if it's is something that YSL or any other brand cannot do, I know she can do it. She works wonders!
The last time I sent in a piece of RTW for a zipper fix, they just straight up replaced it with a brand new one.

I believe I asked my SA about the chipping on my YSL black on black hardware and she told me she would look into it and later reached back out to me and quoted $250 USD for the repairs. I have been shopping from her for quite some time so I would like to believe and trust that she is not making some number up on the fly.
The reason why I did not send my bag away for repairs is because (in general for all brands), I really dislike the wait time. :P The chipping was very minimal and tbh, I had that bag for over 7 years, so I said I would wait for the chipping to get worse enough to send it. So far it hasn't gotten that much worse, so I have no reason to send it in atm.
I believe I sent in a Dior belt to get 1-2 extra hole punches in, and it took them 7 weeks....7 weeks for a hole punch. My goodness, if I had know it was going to take that long, I would have done it myself! :lol:
Dior punched holes for a bag strap on the spot but it was really ugly and uneven sigh..