Your real vs. her fake ....

I only buy authentic bags. I don't care if it's a tote from A&F or something from Liz Claiborne. It has to be authentic. I dress casually, and I feel like, if I'm wearing $5 K-Mart flip-flops, a $6 Hanes t-shirt, jeans AND my Balenciaga or Chanel, I'm good to go. If you guys notice, those that have real designer bags tend to take care of them, and it shows...Nice, clean, well-kept bags. On the other hand, those that have fakes, bags look crappy and taken for granted (because their cheap, I guess).

I think that people who favor authentic designer bags value their stuff, feel that what they have spent for are really worth the money. I say this because I am one who doesn't really take care of anything. If I have something (think of whatever), and to me doesn't cost that much, I think of it as disposable. It could always be replaced. Now, if I worked my butt off for a thousand dollar bag, I'd protect it with my life :graucho: (well maybe, not my life, but, you know what I mean)...;)

^^ well, I'm one of the ppl who doesnt *baby* their bags...All my bags are authentic but I dont really take care of them much, I do love them thats why I bought them but I dont really baby them.

Some people have no enough money to afford a real one so they go for fake. I don't care about fake and people who are carrying fake too. I know they are carring fake but I will never laugh, never point and never have comments about it. I just only care that my bags are not fake.

Just wanna say that not all people have those $$$$ money. Maybe for some of them a Chanel bag = their whole month salary.

So carry whatever bag that make you happy. I'm sure those who are carrying fake will bought a real one if they are all have those $$$ money.

I won't ever laugh at someone for carrying a fake, and most of the time won't even mention it (unless they try to pass it for the real deal or call mine out). I understand that not everyone can afford expensive designer things- so don't buy them. As much as I want a Hermes bag, I can't afford it, so I just don't buy it. I don't buy a fake one. I know my limits and I stay within them. If I want a nice bag, I save up for it. It feels much more special to me when I am able to buy it. A few of my friends don't have much money, but they will save up $300 and buy a nice Coach bag. That's the way to do it, IMO. But, to each his own.

Around these parts, there are many fake Cambon and real Cambon bags (being carried by 16 year olds!) so I have just attempted to sell my two as I recently purchased two classic flaps. I felt, unlike you Luccibag, that now that I am in my 40s the Cambons are a bit too young (maybe it is the teenieboppers wearing them?).

While I wouldnt limit myself and not use a cambon I do admit they are not my first choice and I seem to like flaps and other styles more. You are right about the teenieboppers. One of the things I always loved about Chanel bags is that you dont see all the high school girls carrying around a Chanel bag (like they do the coach demi bags and the LV Pochettes). It is nice to be different. Im not in high school and dont want to dress in any way like they do. But like I said if I felt like carrying a cambon tote, I would. I think the real ones have something righteous about them.

IMO the reason we see a lot of young girls carrying cambons is because this ligne is/was more affordable than other lignes and not because it was designed only for younger clientele,In addition it was the easiest Chanel style to be copied so in hand for all those buying fakes whether deliberately or not.When Chanel advertised this ligne they used Vanessa Paradie as a model!well she's well into forties and I don't see why it can't be carried by this age group too! ;)
IMO it doesn't have to do with age when we carry a bag but rather with personal style and how we feel about it!I'd love to own a Cambon tote and esp a reporter -but unfortunately they were discontinued and don't trust e-bay on that particular style- despite being 44 years old lol!:graucho::yes:

Luckily, the bags that I have aren't too commonly faked so I never really run into people. Here in Hawaii, it's all fake Cambons and other Chanel styles that never existed. :yes:

Concerning some comments on nationalities I'd like to add that we should in no ways generalize about countries and their subjects!Original and fake products are carried by people everywhere and it doesn't have to do with countries.I come from a country (Greece)which being at the edge of Europe like Spain receives many fakes and probably these are pushed to the rest of Europe This doesn't mean that Greeks or Spaniards or whoever carry only fakes just because these countries receive first the bulk of the fake items!

Wow, I hate to beat a dead horse but that comment about Spaniards was very very rude. I've been to Spain and I didn't notice anything out of the usual? Every country has people that wear fakes.

Personally, if I see someone with a bad fake, I can't help but feel a little irked in my head. I am not the type whatsoever to point it out to someone and rub it in. I know there are obnoxious people that like to embarrass people who have fakes or put them on the spot. I have friends that wear fakes and I never say a word to them about it, even when I'm wearing my authentics around them. IMO, it's pretty personal as not everyone is willing to shell out thousands for the real deal. I don't support the trade of counterfeit goods at all, but I'm not about to police people I see that are wearing fakes.

^^ well, I'm one of the ppl who doesnt *baby* their bags...All my bags are authentic but I dont really take care of them much, I do love them thats why I bought them but I dont really baby them.

Yeah, I guess it will all boil down to quality. Look at Paris and the Olsens.:yes: It's just a given that fake bags are made out of cheap materials, that's why they get ruined easily. :nogood:

I see so many fake Cambons in Chicago that it hardly makes me even bat an eye anymore. It's their business what they choose to wear, I frankly don't care.

I have no special comments for this question but one thing that I think ....

Some people have no enough money to afford a real one so they go for fake. I don't care about fake and people who are carrying fake too. I know they are carring fake but I will never laugh, never point and never have comments about it. I just only care that my bags are not fake.

Just wanna say that not all people have those $$$$ money. Maybe for some of them a Chanel bag = their whole month salary.

So carry whatever bag that make you happy. I'm sure those who are carrying fake will bought a real one if they are all have those $$$ money.

My sentiments exactly. I would never laugh at someone because they're carrying a fake.

I won't ever laugh at someone for carrying a fake, and most of the time won't even mention it (unless they try to pass it for the real deal or call mine out). I understand that not everyone can afford expensive designer things- so don't buy them. As much as I want a Hermes bag, I can't afford it, so I just don't buy it. I don't buy a fake one. I know my limits and I stay within them. If I want a nice bag, I save up for it. It feels much more special to me when I am able to buy it. A few of my friends don't have much money, but they will save up $300 and buy a nice Coach bag. That's the way to do it, IMO. But, to each his own.

exactly well said!:tup:

It sounds like many of you are judging people for wearing fake bags, just because they don't have the money for the real thing shouldn't mean they should be denied of a fashionable purses also? an expensive bag does not equal a stylish woman personally I think the LV bag (anything other then the monogrammed brown) looks like a diaper bag, how is that fashionable? It sounds terrible the way you guys are talking about those people with their fake bags?