Your opinion on Juicy jewelry..

monicspring

Aug 13, 2007
Hi...
what's your honest opinion on Juicy...I was thinking of those charm bracelets...and necklaces, for their design...

however I don't know if I go for them or not...

most pieces are gold 12 or 14 plated over brass...hmmmm...so there is a quality issue...I wonder if they get brassy quickly

Do you mean it's 12-14 microns over brass? If so then based upon your description it sounds like they'll show the underlying metal fairly quickly. How quickly can also depend on body chemistry. Some people find that overlaid gold changes more quickly on them versus others. Also, you can apply a thin coat of clear polish over the item to minimize the gold overlay flaking off. I have no personal experience with their jewelery, though.

I love it. Very whimsical and unique! I wear mostly plain, classic clothes (in f/w dark denim, cashmere sweater, ankle boots) so a little punch from a great jewelry piece is really fun.

Quality is OK but not the best. I have some heart earrings which are a little chipped and of my two charm bracelets one of the charms came off. This could be due to too much clanking while I'm on my laptop but whatever.

Attachments

• Juicy charm 1.jpg
    Juicy charm 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Juicy charm 2.jpg
    Juicy charm 2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 73
Its cute,but it isnt worth the $$. The only thing I would purchase out of their line is their starter charm braclet. My mother sells high-end custom jewlery,and she told me that juicy uses the cheap stuff. For custome jewlery I would purchase Chanel.

LOVE my new charm bracelet!! Can't wait to wear it when school starts. It's a bit heavy, but I asked a lot of tPFers here first, and they said it really holds up, so I went for it...great price for gold [even if it's just plated] jewelry!

I love their jewelry. I think that the designs are very cute and creative. I just received a new Juicy necklace from my bf and it is gold with a crystal heart charm. Love it:heart: