Young and in Love.....With Hermes!!!

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
This new clubhouse thread is a special place for our younger members, those fortunate enough to be starting out on the Slippery Orange Slope in high school or college....its not a firm line, but under 30 seems a good place to place the brown ribbon :flowers:

We hope this will be a fun place to show off your bags, get ideas on styling, share shopping tips.

Its a great place to discuss issues you may have with deciding on your bags and accessories, or when it is appropriate to carry them.

Our young members are of course WELCOME to post in the main Hermes subforum, just as everyone is welcome to post anywhere :flowers:

But we thought this could be your own special place to have fun!! :heart:

:excl:
If you are new to the brand, please visit the Reading Room, too! Its a great introduction to Hermes, and links to lots and lots of great threads in our subforum.

The Hermes Reading Room

:party:

Last edited:
:party:

Here are some tips on Searching!

Remember the main subforum is still your best source for all things Hermes. We have tons of threads. Here is how to get started on a search.

At the top of the PF is a Search pull down menu.
It looks like this
attachment.php

You can also fund a search button at the top of each Forum, and the top of each Thread!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

You can do a simple search and select your answers as Posts, or as Threads...The Posts options will give you a list of posts with your keyword, and the Threads option will give you a list of all the threads that mention your keyword...You can scroll through all of the posts to find your keyword higlighted in red.

That option box looks like this:

attachment.php

By selecting Advanced Search, you will see a box like this, with many search options.

attachment.php

Play around with Search, you will find lots of information and soon become an expert at searching this great subforum.

Attachments

• search1c.jpg
    search1c.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 10,183
  • search1.jpg
    search1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 10,039
  • search1b.jpg
    search1b.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 10,025
  • search2.jpg
    search2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 10,106
  • search3.jpg
    search3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 10,309
A couple of members suggested we try an under-30. I dont want to put too fine a restriction on it, but it works for me, as long as its not too rigid and people feel welcome..

So let me begin this thread with a long one. I am -25 and I have a year left of my second BA. So my life consists mostly of school, travel, friends,work and dating boys. Sometimes they don't seem like men at all. (Imature and stupid. You know how it is. :P ) The normal stuff of someone who doesn't have anybody else to worry about. I don’t have any big commitments like children or a significant other. My parents don't even know much about H and they don't enable me. I spend my money the way I like it and it is mine. I don't use their money for Hermès and would never do that. I love it that because it makes me feel so independent and gives me a sense of accomplishment.They have thought me well and I mostly use my money for real estate and travels. So really think about what is important in life and for you. Hermès is a passion. Something that enriches my life, but ISN'T my entire life if you understand what I mean?

I get my support about Hermès here and from my friends. As a newbie you should catch up on the history. Don't just go for the Birkin because it is so famous but go for it because you love it. Is it really the perfect bag for you? Check out the Picotin or Jypsiere. Or even the Kelly. I use my bag on the public transport all the time. Think well and hard what bag you should get. I understand completely that is hard because as young person patience isn't always ones virtue. Don’t get it just because VB (Victoria Beckham) looks good with one and has more Birkins than you can count. It should be perfect for you. And if it isn’t you won’t be comfortable and you need that to pull of the entire look. It is like everything else. You should wear it, not the bag wearing you.

So for months I spent hours and hours reading about the different leathers and lurking in this forum. I decides after a long while what was right for me and the place I live in. This is the bag I ended up with. I have a quarky style and the Kelly is perfect for me because I know I will use the bag my whole life. The best advice someone gave me (another young tpf-member) was that you shouldn’t buy anything if you don’t LOVE it. You need to LOV, LOVE the item you are buying because it is a lot of money. And also you need to take care of it good because it is in the name of Hemès to care for the things you buy and love.
Me and my 35 Black Togo Kelly. My HG. (Holy Grail).

15.jpg

This is my reveal for Miss Kelly. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/a-love-story-an-h-reveal-609928.html

Last edited:
I've always loved luxury. I think luxury was born inside me, despite that my is a hard working middle-class American family. In high school, as was typical of high school girls where I grew up, I owned Prada and Gucci bags but it was in 2004 when I discovered

Heavenly leathers
Elegant luxury
Ravishing designs
Magnificent style
Exquisite beauty
Sumptuous leathers

There are so many other adjectives I could use to describe Hermes but I think we all agree that no amount of words can describe how absolutely marvelous this brand is. Hermes is not just a brand, but a lifestyle. One doesn't buy Hermes because it's stamped with "Hermes Made in France." One buys Hermes because of the craftsmanship and beauty and luxury that it signifies. The pieces Hermes creates are timeless and ageless. When worn age appropriately, anyone can pull it off. And as we age, our Hermes pieces will be passed down to our daughters and grand-daughters.

My mantra, whether spending $1 or $10,000 is: Never ever purchase anything you aren't in love with

This is the best advice I can give to any newbie. If you don't absolutely love something now, then you won't love it later. Take some time to think about your Hermes purchase - don't rush into it. Time to think, even if it's just overnight, could save you a lot of money or could make you the lucky girl or guy to own an incredible piece of French craftsmanship and luxury.

I started my Hermes collection at JFK airport. I was early for an international flight to Germany in 2004, my sophomore year of college, when I took a stroll around the terminal. I stumbled across the Hermes boutique and walked in. I looked around and found what I could only describe and the perfect summer fun bag.
picture.php

I received my first Hermes scarf, A Vos Crayons, for the holidays that same year.

My next Hermes purchases came within 1 month of one another in early 2008. I waited 4 years but I hit, what I like to call, the Hermes motherload. I purchased my first Birkin, a Black Fjord 35. Within one week of that purchase, I discovered a Fuchsia Chevre Kelly 32 at a luxury second hand boutique on West 18th Street in NYC. I went back several times before purchasing it but knew it was meant to be. I've attached a couple of recent photos of me with my Birkin and Kelly. I pair the Birkin dressed up, or as you can see in this photo, dressed down with Juicy Couture pants, which I think is a fun young casual look!

In between, I purchased my Kelly wallet, and some SLGs.

Next came my 34 Raisin Clemence Lindy and my Brown Garden Party. Raisin is my all time favorite Hermes color. I'm obsessed with it. I can wear it with anything. And my Garden Party is a great brown bag. It is the perfect brown...not too dark and too light. I've attached a pic of me modeling the Lindy, and here embedded is a photo of the GP.
picture.php

Again, I purchased scarves and fun SLGs in between purchasing bags. I loved accessorizing and brightening up my Hermes bags with fun colors to fill them with! I also purchased a Silky Pop that I found at a deep discount on BlueFly. I use it almost daily to carry my lunch and my book for commuting to work.

Next came my Fjord Vert Veronese Jypsiere in April 2010. I didn't like the color as it sat on the shelf, but as soon as I put it on, there was a connection between this bag and I. The perfect color for all year round. It has become perfect for work, a day of shopping, and traveling. I would recommend the Jypsiere to an Hermes newbie simply because of its versatility. You can use use a 90 Carre to make the Jypsiere into a shoulder bag!
picture.php

About 1 month later, I purchased a Bougeinvillea Clemence Picotin. I originally picked up the orange but was very torn between the two colors. My SA convinced me to get the Bougeinvillea stating that the color was only for the season but orange would always be offered for years to come. I haven't regretted it one bit. Picotin has become one of my favorite fun summer bags!
picture.php

With each purchase, I thought long and hard (even with my SLGs and jewelry). I've never looked back or regretted any of my purchases. I am young and in love with Hermes and I hope that as I grow emotionally, meet and marry the man I love and have babies and grand-babies, that my Hermes collection grows so that I will have beautiful things to pass down to my daughters and grand-daughters, along with all of my love.

That is my "Young and in Love with Hermes" story. I am sorry that this was so long but I had to share this in just the right way!!! After writing that, I think I should be wiping my brow and giving a big sigh!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 4,315
  • IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,222
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 4,179
:woohoo::woohoo: Well said, darling! And you work very hard for your H items. ;) Take a very deserved break and thank you for your story.
Remember your thread about H and dating? Maybe you should pull it up?