You ladies have made me obsessed lol!!! which b-bag for college?

G86 said:
i'm torn between the two, i'm 5'2 small frame i'm looking for a roomy and comfy bag for college but i can't decide, there are no stores that carry balenciaga bags here so i'm ordering it. any opinions?
thanks

hi i am 5'3 and most are my friends range from 5'2 to 5'5...i just joined the "work" force today :smile: but i did it because they all had work bags and i found i wanted a bigger bag than my white city so i say the work bag...its much more convenient for toting around stuff than the hobo.

G86 said:
thanks everyone. i think i'll get the work, but i'm afraid that it's too huge for my frame?! and the handles are they the same size as the citys?

yippy, the work style rocks & it won't be too big on you (i'm only 5'2 & i think it's the perfect size for carrying lotsa stuff ;))

i use my rouge vif work everyday for college~!! the handles have stretched a bit, now they fit my shoulder (with a winter coat) perfectly (its winter here in aus:Push: )!!!!!

Hi, all,

I'm a lurker on this board (I mainly post on LV, but I'm beginning to really like Balenciaga). Although I plan to get a City or a First as my first B-bag, I was wondering if a Work would be a good book tote. I read in some old threads that you can't put too much heavy things in this bag because it will slouch. Is this true? :sad: Are there any other alternatives? I hear a Weekender would be a better fit, but I think it's too big for my frame (I'm only 5'4" and 108 lbs...for the time being, LOL).

Any advice? Thanks! I hope I get a few responses (I've tried posting on other boards, but I sometimes get zero feedback...:sweatdrop: )...

You'd definitely be able to fit all the books in the world into a Work, without a doubt, but it doesn't fit very well on one's shoulder, which I think is definitely a let down if one's carrying heavy files (I'm petite like you and I tried one on during the summer and it just about worked - don't think it'd tolerate so much as a thicker jacket, let alone a winter coat though...:sad:)
The Weekender, on the other hand, sat nice and loosely on my shoulder but I do agree - it's WAY too big on a small frame, esp. for school or university where some discretion is needed :P
I atm use my city for classes and it can comfortably hold pencilcase, phone, a standard A4 file, a book, wallet, and my (minimal, haha) makeup.
Hope this helps!

^Thanks so much for your reply! I don't think I would mind too much since I plan to use the Work as a book bag anyway (I don't like using huge bags for everyday). I was mainly afraid that the bag would lose its shape and wouldn't hold weight very well.

Now that you mention the city, it makes me want one even more. :drool:

no probs! Yea the city is definitely the BEST BAG EVER in my opinion - I'm hoping to get one in a sharper colour (hopefully the French Blue after I've starved myself enough to get the money for it haha) so I can use it in the evening too - it's not so big that it'd get in your way when you're dancing and big enough for tonnes of 'emergency makeup' and a pair of flats!
Oh and Bbags are really well make I put tonnes in my city and it's still lovely! The more you use the bags the better they look definitely!
GOOD LUCK! :heart:

have you ever thought of using the Day/Hobo as a book bag? I used it once when i had one. It's deep enough for books and a file and fits very will over the shoulder

Thanks, you all! Hmm...I never considered the Day...I always thought it was too small, heh.

Initially I was a little scared because I never posted on the B-bag board. Thank you for your replies!

Thanks, you all! Hmm...I never considered the Day...I always thought it was too small, heh.

Initially I was a little scared because I never posted on the B-bag board. Thank you for your replies!

heeh that's so sweet! DON'T BE SCARED! I'm quite new too but now am totally addicted! :shame:
The Day's a lovely shape and really roomy! But personally the city is still my favourite. Have you seen any of the bags in real life?