Wow! Take a look at Lauren's Medallion! Sheesh!!! :O

I guess when you can afford to pretty much buy a Chanel and throw it away, then you wouldn't care about getting anything on it, because you can just buy another one. I mean, regular joes like us freak out when we think there's a speck of dirt on ours, but she can just buy another one. But yeah, that's pretty beat up. It's almost as bad as Paris's dirty white flap *shudders*

I do that too, at times.

And, my boss just told me that her $10 bag has lasted her 4 yrs and still counting which works out to be $2.50 per annum!

haha.......

a little trick that my mom and i use when we go shopping and we need to convince each other that something is worth the money is by calculating "per use" cost. so if you use the bag almost every day for a year (even though i am sure we all got way more use out of our go-to chanel bags than a just year), a $2500 bag maybe worth it because it's only costing you like $7 dollars a wear. with that in mind, all my bags are very precious and i love all of them (2 chanels, 1 gucci, 3 LVs and a Ferragamo), but i use the heck out of ALL my bags. if i could, i would carry all of them all together!!!!

LOL I did a similar math calculation recently to jusity my purchases !

napyhrox, the inside lining on the caviar and lambskin is the same. smooth black leather lining for black bags and pink leather for pink bags. They have one zipper pocket and one pocket on the other side. I hope you get your bag but the best bet your getting an authentic bag is to buy it from ebay and have the TPF members authenticate it for you before you make your bid. Good luck. I did a search too and there are alot of fakes out there.

im not surprised, that woman wore that bag out!! everywhere you turn you see that bag.

not surprised at all.

it still looks alright since she got it a couple of years ago. she just needs to get it cleaned

I guess when you can afford to pretty much buy a Chanel and throw it away, then you wouldn't care about getting anything on it, because you can just buy another one. I mean, regular joes like us freak out when we think there's a speck of dirt on ours, but she can just buy another one. But yeah, that's pretty beat up. It's almost as bad as Paris's dirty white flap *shudders*

sweet jesus!! now that was a seperate case!! she mauled that bag!! looked like it got runned over

This is what I was thinking!!! Oh my goodness, she' probably JUST spilled something on her bag in the car fumbling w/ all the paps harrassing her, using her phone, etc. . . for all we know as soon as she got inside she cleaned it up!:shrugs:
Sh'es used the crap out of that bag for more than 2 yrs now. . . looks like some serious quality to me personally. It's not tearing or rubbing or anything else major. . . she clearly overstuffs it and REALLY uses it.
I think soem people are sort of unrealistic about how the real world treats their bags.

I agree swanky!! good point

I also *use* my bags. It confuses the heck out of me when a woman's primary concern is keeping her handbag pristine, and will go to great lengths to do so (such as laying napkins out before setting her bag down -- in public, nonetheless). As chanelspell noted, many people save up to buy these bags and treat them like little pieces of art (when I think of a little piece of art, Joseph Cornell comes to mind, not a purse). I think people who find them extra precious possessions is in large part due to the fact that the bags represent such a large chunk of their income that they simply must be treated as highly valuable objects. I'm not saying this is right or wrong -- it's neither, really -- just a matter of opinion. But so many here are surprised when others don't share the point of view that it's just a bag to be used, not something to be put on a pedastal and rubbed down with chamois cloths.

I think Lauren has a wonderful nonchalent attitude about her bag, just as Carolyn Bassett-Kennedy did when she used to set her Birkin on the floor when taking the subway.

I think the issue is that *used & well loved* is one thing ... *dirty* Chanel is a totally different story.

I, quite frankly, am offended by dirty Chanel; I don't care how much money you can afford to waste.

I think the issue is that *used & well loved* is one thing ... *dirty* Chanel is a totally different story.

I, quite frankly, am offended by dirty Chanel; I don't care how much money you can afford to waste.

LOL You're OFFENDED by the way someone else chooses to treat their bag? lol When I think of passive, inanimate objects that offend, I think of swastikas... not Chanel bags.

So you say, "May I please have an extra chair for my purse?"

I don't specify, I just ask for an extra one and it brings a good laugh when my friends find out what it's for.. putting my bags on the floor is one thing I don't do..

edit: this is for my larger bags.. the ones that can't exactly hang off my chair and can't sit in my lap