WOW: '04 LILAC weekender :-)

If you check the listing about the magenta box it seems as if this person sent a question about a lilac weekender to her as well. It could be someone else but it seems a bit funny. You can see what I am talking about at the bottom of the listing.

I hate to say this but Ebay seems to have more dishonest people that ever. I don't know if this is the right place to tell this story but people need to know these things can happen and to be more careful or know who you're buying from. I recently sold a Chloe Python Silverado to a man who purchased the bag as a surprise for his wife. I didn't notice if there were other bids placed on the bag at the time. Yesterday I received an email from a woman asking me when was she going to receive her bag (this Chloe bag.) To make a long story short - the woman had been contacted by an ebay seller missthang7901 using the ebay second-offer form with MY item description and item number. Missthang7901 told her that the buyer didn't come through with the purchase and that she was now offering this bag for $1255.00 to her as a second-offer. She also wanted to be paid through Western Union and was selling this bag for a person at [email protected]. The woman that emailed me had been waiting for a tracking number from me since Nov. 16th for a bag that I sold on Nov. 12th. She was very new to ebay and actually sent the money through Western Union and by the time I contacted her, the money had been picked up. It was gone!
I looked up this seller id missthang7901 and she's actually a seller on ebay. What should I do? I have never had to report something before but this seller scammed this woman for $1255.00 with my listing. It totally made me sick! Here's this poor woman that's out that much money and has been scammed by a seller using my listing. Can the police be called in on this and where do I report this. I'm sorry if I wasn't suppose to mention this here.

I hate to say this but Ebay seems to have more dishonest people that ever. I don't know if this is the right place to tell this story but people need to know these things can happen and to be more careful or know who you're buying from. I recently sold a Chloe Python Silverado to a man who purchased the bag as a surprise for his wife. I didn't notice if there were other bids placed on the bag at the time. Yesterday I received an email from a woman asking me when was she going to receive her bag (this Chloe bag.) To make a long story short - the woman had been contacted by an ebay seller missthang7901 using the ebay second-offer form with MY item description and item number. Missthang7901 told her that the buyer didn't come through with the purchase and that she was now offering this bag for $1255.00 to her as a second-offer. She also wanted to be paid through Western Union and was selling this bag for a person at [email protected]. The woman that emailed me had been waiting for a tracking number from me since Nov. 16th for a bag that I sold on Nov. 12th. She was very new to ebay and actually sent the money through Western Union and by the time I contacted her, the money had been picked up. It was gone!
I looked up this seller id missthang7901 and she's actually a seller on ebay. What should I do? I have never had to report something before but this seller scammed this woman for $1255.00 with my listing. It totally made me sick! Here's this poor woman that's out that much money and has been scammed by a seller using my listing. Can the police be called in on this and where do I report this. I'm sorry if I wasn't suppose to mention this here.

This is so awful, MM! I think this seller "missthang" needs to be reported to ebay and the police immediately-it almost happened to me where I supposedly won an item under a listing with stolen pictures but I hadn't sent the funds to the seller yet because a fellow ebayer caught me just in time. Ebay is like a minefield these days and these scammers should be (honestly, IMO) shot.....

I'm thinking this is the same girl who posted here recently about having the exact same bag, which she was going to sell. I believe her name was Corina, and she was sofa king banned for posting about it. Could be just a coincidence though.

Shmigadoodle, I read what you wrote and was about to reply. I appreciate you posting this and wish you would put it back! If the mods find that it's not appropriate, they will delete it. :yes:

Hi everyone. You may know me as durbs_girl on ebay. I visit every once in a while but have never posted. I find the temptation too overwhelming (especially since I enable myself enough :smile: I think that I've communicated with many of you B bag fans over the years, so I felt the need to post in this particular thread. Decophile's post confirmed my worst fears.

I was deceived in a transaction I had with this seller when she was using another one of her ebay IDs. I believe she is dishonest, manipulative, and plays confidence games.

Initially, my first post went into detail about this woman's deceptions and transgressions, but, after some very wise and generous advice, I've decided not to drag this person through the mud publically. If any of you have had similar interactions with her, I encourage you to contact me, but the real reason for posting here is to warn my fellow B-bag lovers of placing themselves in potentially precarious situations with this woman. Happy Thanksgiving and happy shopping! Thanks for letting me share.

I don't think I am, Mary Margaret. I think the perpetrator in your situation may have highjacked missthang's user id for the purpose of sending a fraudulent second chance offer. It's just a thought, but that may help to explain things. There seems to be a lot of that going on these days.

hmmm...well hasn't there been a ton of photo theft on ebay lately with b-bags? possibly this seller with 0 feedback is a new account that used the other canadian gal's pictures?

ebay is sooo rife with fakes. i think i reported 5 last nite. it's sad because sometimes people bid high amounts on them. :s

i try to report as many obviously fake ones as possible too, but they just keep popping back up almost immediately, i wonder if they have some sort of an automated system taht just keeps generate fake listings for these fake sellers