Would you invite a real life friend to the forum?

most of my friends are into Coach. they've complimented my LV bags before, so i'm sure they like this brand too, but they won't pay more than $250'ish for a handbag.

i wouldn't mind telling them about tPF, but they'll probably think i'm overly obsessive about bags! i don't think it's their thing... they certainly wouldn't spend hours reading/posting on here like i do

One of my girlfriends mentioned her love of handbags. Mostly D&B and Coach.

I thought about inviting her to the forum but thought she would read my posts and think that I am crazy. A little over the top. :yes: I mean, not many would understand our passion for handbags. And to pay over $500 for a bag is just ridiculous to some people.

She would probably think my modeling a handbag in the visual aids is hilarous. :yes: But, to us this is all perfectly normal behavior. :P

I think that I will just keep this as my own little world for now.........:love:

I know someone on the forum outside of the forum but we both have the same "problem with bags" so it is ok :love:

Sometimes its best to have your own private things that you and only you can enjoy. I totally understand your reasoning.

I agree~ I told my BF and she did not understand (understand to the point how WE understand:yes: ) and I feel "stupid" when I talk about it because I am afraid she is passing judgement:sad: .

Sure, if she were a fanatic too, though most of my friends don't even care for LV. And I totally agree that it is nice to have things that only you enjoy and not everyone has to know about it!

I did, but I didn't tell them my user's name though. I did find lots of information here and I wanted to share with my friends who also like handbags, but they seem too busy to join this forum.

hehe nice thread! I actually invited a friend here cuz he's really...ummm...girly lol... (I hope he's not reading this....doh! lol). After a few days, I asked him about it and he said: "Ya...everything's pink and the people seem to be really VAIN, I can't believe you're (me) amongst them". I was SHOCKED! it's like...FINE! don't join us! !&)(#%(!~ So ever since, I don't tell anyone about this place:biggrin:

i tell my friends about the forum, but i doubt any of them would sign on.
And I certainly do not tell them my screen name.

I did tell my therapist, and she agrees - it's a fun thing for me,

I don't think I would invite a RL friend to the forum, I think they would think I'm a psycho freak or something and I'll probably scare them away :crybaby: . No one understands my obsession like the PF girls here :sweatdrop: