Would you buy from a seller that has never sold before?

Would that be considered somewhat risky or is that okay? There's this seller that I'm interested in buying from who has only been a buyer and never a seller.

We all had to start somewhere selling - I'd ask a question about the item and see what their response is - it may help you decide if they seem friendly and quick to answer questions- I'd place a bid :yes: and pay with my credit card thru paypal

^ Thank you everyone for your input.

I asked the seller questions yesterday afternoon and I have yet to hear from them. The auction ends in about 8 hours too! This late reply is making me reconsider a bit.

I have a general question about using credit cards and eBay. Do you only get covered for $200 on PayPal, regardless of the price of the item? Does the credit card usually cover the rest (obviously depending on your credit card)?

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!! :yes:

I ever sold items on ebay and they are all brandnames. I began with a zero feedback too. It may has a risk to buy from new sellers but not all of them are bad. Everyone must begin with 0 feedback.

I agree. I think it all depends on how comfortable YOU feel with the seller and whether the photos of the product seem to reflect the product you want to buy.

Everyone has to start from zero, but I guess there's no harm in being careful.

I have a general question about using credit cards and eBay. Do you only get covered for $200 on PayPal, regardless of the price of the item? Does the credit card usually cover the rest (obviously depending on your credit card)?
This is what I got from Paypal website:
PayPal Buyer Protection
Up to $2,000.00 USD purchase protection at no additional cost.

You are eligible to receive purchase protection on:
  • An eBay item that you paid for but never received
  • An eBay item that is significantly different from what was described in the listing
Guidelines:
  • You must send payment to the PayPal account associated with the eBay listing
  • You purchased a tangible item
  • Your claim must be filed within 45 days of payment
  • You may only file one claim per PayPal payment
Learn More about PayPal Buyer Protection.

Paypal takes something like $25 for anything upgraded to a claim that is eventually resolved. You're better off doing a chargeback in most cases.

No, I wouldn't buy from someone who has never sold before - unless they have a lot of good feedback as a buyer. But someone totally new to eBay, no way - there's nothing I want that badly.

If the auction looks good (i.e the pics check out), go ahead and bid. However, do use your credit card to pay via Paypal. That way if there's a problem and Paypal isnt all the helpful, you can do a chargeback through your CC. As for stock photos, I have used them as a supplement with my photos just because I am not all that great at taking pictures and the color sometimes looks different than it actually is IRL.

Every seller there started out with their first sale at one point. We all have to start somewhere.

You must use your own judgement as to whether you bid on her items or not.

Personally, I would not bid on extemely high end, often faked bags from a newbie. If it is an item for $200 or so, why not. Paypal does have some protection.

You best bet is to use your knowledge here at the Forum and your gut instinct.