Would you buy CLs with black sharpie markings on the inside sole?

I have bought a couple pairs off ebay with marks on them. It does not really bother me. I saved around $400 off the retail price for a new pair, so I really did not care about the mark. I used alcohol and nailpolish remover and took most of it off. So now they are like new.

I would but I just use a alcohol pad and get it off :shrugs:
Ive tried this and it takes about 80% of it off. Not bad.
One thing I don't understand is when people sell on ebay and say "These are from my personal collection, but I will mark the inside before I ship to prevent store returns." Most of the time the sole is scuffed up anyway- what store would take those back? And what do they care if you would try to return them anyway? I always find that one odd.
This is what I really dont understand. Does not make any sense.

If the person says they put the line in there they are lying. Some Saks Off 5ths put that in there when they have a clearance sale so you can't return them. And there is nothing "illegal" about any returns except the store won't take them back.

They're making it up so that you won't know their "source" and go there to buy it and interfere with their profits.

^ I know that happens in most cases, except a few listings I've seen have pictures of the actual shoe without a line and say they will mark it before they ship. I bought one pair from a lady who said that she would mark the inside before sending them because she was including the receipt (although the soles had been re-soled so def. no chance of returning them), thinking she would forget to mark it. When I got the shoes they had the same "scuffs" noted in the auction and pictured but sure enough there was a big black mark on the inside.

Thanks everyone!

I didn't think about what happens when clearance centers have their own clearances as that would make sense I guess. But yeah the "prevent store returns" thing is just really stupid. In my experience, a lot of stores have refused to take shoes back after you've worn it once as they can't sell it again.

Thanks for the alcohol and magic marker tip also! I didn't know that. :smile: Will definitely look into that! Yah! :smile:

Tip to ALL ladies:
If there is a sharpie mark on the sole or insole of the shoe you can use Goo-off to remove it. I bought a pair of CLs on ebay and for some reason it had silver sharpie on the bottom. I was using the goo-off to take of the sticker and funny enough the sharpie came right off :smile:

I bought a pair like that a while back over the "bay' had second thoughts but they were abolutely perfect in every way, now I paied only a little under retail for them but since my CL shop is in Paris and I can't go more than every other month that's fine with me!