would it be stupid of me?

I say keep it. It is a special piece which you got in Paris. If you love to look at it and you get enough visual pleasure, why not keep it as a deco in your room. If it brings a smile on your face seeing it around then it is worth owning it I think. The HAC has a very unique and wonderful design especially coupled with a beautiful smooth leather like vache natural and contrast white stopstitching. Hopefully over time, the leather surface will darken as it is exposed to air and light. Not too mention the unique aroma of the vache natural. Your bag reminds me of how beautiful H saddles and workmanship are. There will be other opportunities to acquire more practical bags but an exceptional piece as the one you have which remains true to H's tradition is rare. Personally, I would rather have one bag that inspires me and make my heart sing which is why I purchased my natural sable fjord birkin awhile back. The handles are starting to darken a bit. But that makes my bag unique since it has the stamp of use by its owner.

I think that since you have had so many varying opinions here, you need to take a step back and not think about it for a while. After a week, take stock of your thoughts and come to a decision.

GG, take it out and use it for a week and then decide. :heart::heart:

I asked myself the same question about my togo Birkin a while ago (it used to just sit in a box), took it out and used it..... still using it!

IMO, if you don't carry it, then sell it and get a bag you'll carry the heck out of. That baby deserves to be carried! :girlsigh: And I'm sure you'll come up with something fabulous to replace her with, because you have exquisite taste!!

Wow. It sounds like a really cool bag to have and what an experience buying her!

That said, it sounds like there are some other issues at work here and certainly sometimes the bag you think is it at the time, just doesn't mesh with your lifestyle for some reason or another...

If you really aren't up for breaking in this bag--and all that it entails in terms of bumps and bruises along the way--for whatever reason-- then the suggestions to sell it, trade it, or keep it as a display bag are all really great ideas.

As RBB0 said, you do have great taste, so I'm certain that you'll find the right bag if this one just isn't it.

In fact, you can sell it, then go to Paris and make a new memory of a new bag that you will want to carry!!

USE IT!! You love how beautiful it is -- it will get better and become truly your own as it patinas. It's not something you see everyday. I would keep it and USE IT!!! The bag should last you forever!!