Workout clothing brands (Lululemon alternatives)

I'm so bummed if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I made a pretty expensive mistake, for what it is. I bought not one but two pairs of Alo Goddess leggings in a size M...and I am a small. Not only am I a small but I am a short small. I can't return them so now I am stuck. I have a pretty extensive workout wardrobe so I keep telling myself it's ok I'll wear them around the house, for errands, walking/running/biking when it's chilly out...but I wore them today and they are just big. Should I try and shrink them by putting in dryer, I read they don't shrink though, but maybe in the dryer? Hem them a little? So sad. I bought the first pair thought they were ok and picked up the second without trying, which I never do. The first pair is kinda ok but the second is def not. I'm 5'2" 115-120 depending. Any suggestions? :sad: (PS I let some mean "girls" at gym convince me I was a medium, and I'm in my 50's,)

I did the unthinkable...I cut them! They were actually pretty comfy just too long and I knew they were too big to work out in so I cut the legs to a better length! I use them to change into after hot yoga or wear around the house. I'll probably get the hen stitched but at least I can wear them in comfort now. Lesson learned, I'm a small, 99% of the time anyway! And they look really good tucked in to boots.
Hey! It all worked out in the end then (no pun intended re: work out:P). Yes, I try to either: a) have tried the brand on in the past so I know the general size I am in the brand, b) make sure I can return or c) its SUCH an amazing deal that even if it doesn't fit right it wouldn't be much of a concern price loss wise. But I know...sometimes things are so tempting...Anyway. I am glad you are finding use for them! Happy New Year!

Fan of:

Nike
Reebok
Adidas (Including Adidas by Stella McCartney)
Old Navy Active
GapFit
Athleta Brands
Avia
Danskin/Danskin Now
Michi
UltraCor
Splits59
Sweaty Betty
VSX