Woo! A Good Hair Day It Is! This Iron Rocks!

can anyone knowledgeable about flat irons answer this question: do i risk damaging my hair if i use it daily? i know the stylist kept saying it won't hurt my hair at all because of the negative ions, etc. etc., but come on, i'm sure she was just trying to make a sale...
Well negative ions or not, the heat WILL do some damage (albeit I'm sure a lot less than some cheap Revlon flat iron). Best you can do is use those heat protectant sprays.

I flat iron my hair pretty much every day and it's still shiny. I use the Sedu. Although, I planning on getting the GHD in the very very near future. :biggrin:

You have such gorgeous hair!! How long does it take you to curl it?
My hair is so straight and fine I can't stand it...I wonder if this would work well for me.
ALso, how are you liking the styling products?

Ichelle I tried it today and I LOVE it! it straightens nicely and it curls easily! the only thing I hate is the heat protector spray! You're right it is very sticky, like hairspray. I need to find a really good hair serum/heat protector

I just won a brand new boxed one on Ebay for $133.50!! :yahoo: I hope it works...I've been going through a "I hate my hair so much" stage for the past couple of months...

Now I just need to get some GHD styling products from Sephora!

Your hair is beautiful!! GHD has been giving me good hair days since 2003. I can't believe the US price...I got mine for 100 pounds,but then that was 4 years ago...enjoy it!

You did a great job on your hair. Interesting video on how they do it. I think the products also help with the hold factor. I am going to try this method with my iron. I also think that whenever heat products are applied to hair, there will be some damage

thank you all. Hi-ClassBaby, congrats. i am such a GHD believer. even when i use it to straighten, it works SO WELL. my hair looks fabulous and smooth.

yep, GHD products are sticky! blehckkk! you should try phytolisse serum, it is so light and you don't have to wash your hands afterward. i like that. also, biosilk therapy i also supposed to be non-sticky so i may try that when i run out of the phyto...

I went into the Atlanta Sephora today to buy the styler and they don't sell it in the Atlanta store:confused1:. It's a huge store so I don't understand but I'm about to order on sephora's website. I will post my review when I get it....

ichelle - Thanks for the posting and info about the 'tutoral' video....so, I checked it out, and thought I would try this last weekend with my flat iron and it worked the same! I was in a wedding and thought "what the heck? I'll try to curl my hair and see what happens". I had Great results. I used B&B Style Lotion, then some Biosilk Shine for gloss, then finished with B&B Holding Spray. I can say the curls lasted most of the day, looked natural, and when I did a quick touch-up, they were even better. My hair combed through so easily after - not at all like hot rollers or a curling iron. I get much more damage and 'breakage' with those and rarely use them. This was so good, I may do it more often. I have long layered hair, so It did take a long time (1 hour).

As for the bridesmaid dress....well, lets just say it didn't look as cute as my curls! :P