Wonderful weekend full of BV!

And I just checked back and confirmed that this listing has now been removed - good to see that eBay can sometimes be effective when it comes to cracking down on the evil Sellers..

Thanks for doing that BM.
Now waiting to hear from you that are got your money back from that fiasco !! Sending you good vibes, and speedy ones too, BM.

Poor Bookermoose. I just read this. I'm very late to the thread but I'm sad to hear that having bid for something and gotten all excited you were let down. I hope that you find a legit version of fiasco bag soon to right the wrong.

Thanks VKD. Your post was very timely as I received just this morning an email from the "seller" of fiasco-bag saying that she has now received it back but I had clearly "worn or mishandled" it because it was now "damaged" and therefore she would not refund my money. There was a little piece of glue or whatever the substance they use to seal off the edges of the "leather" - if it is even leather - that I noticed was peeling off of one handle and was just one of about 100 things that were wrong with the bag and evidence to me that it was a horrific fake (and all of which I took pictures of). Now, apparently, she is using the shocking poor quality of the bag against me?!? Have I mentioned the smell?! Ugh.

Anyway, any hope of resolving this amicably is now just a distant memory and I'm off to file the PayPal claim (and, failing that, my credit card chargeback). So the fiasco-bag saga continues...

BookerMoose, go get em!!! I've been tempted so many times to purchase on ebay but never did, and after reading your story, never will. These ppl make me so mad. They pretend to extend goodwill by allowing a return, then turn the tables by claiming product damages. Please keep us posted.... I think your credit company will come through for you though :smile:

Thanks beansbeans and aca (and everyone else). Your support really means a lot to me. I just finished going through all of my emails and the pictures I took of fiasco-bag before I sent it back in order to get everything organized for PayPal, and it just makes me SOOOO angry that people will even try to do things like this (and then be so bald-faced about it). Looking again at the "authenticity tag" from the listing and then the one that was in the bag would almost be humorous if the joke hadn't been on me. Do they really think they are going to fool anyone with such a hideous fake? And then to claim I damaged her precious bag - what, is she planning to sell it AGAIN fraudulently to some other unsuspecting fool?!?! And I've even let it slip in passing that I am a lawyer (I really resist ever doing that but I felt the circumstances merited it here...) - does she really think I am therefore just going to let this go? I don't get what makes some people tick, but I am definitely ready for the fight now. :boxing:

So sorry to hear the bad news. I had the same kind of experience w/ Ebay/Paypal. Therefore, I will NEVER EVER buy from Ebay. The hassle is just not worth it... If Paypal does not refund you the money, make sure you call you CC company for chargeback. Good luck!

So sorry to hear the bad news. I had the same kind of experience w/ Ebay/Paypal. Therefore, I will NEVER EVER buy from Ebay. The hassle is just not worth it... If Paypal does not refund you the money, make sure you call you CC company for chargeback. Good luck!

Thanks uclaboi. I can't totally write off eBay because those of us in BV wastelands don't have all that many other options, plus I have had a lot of good experiences with eBay too - three of my four Montaignes were bought there and my lovely new red ladybug coin purse, for example. But fiasco-bag (and all the horror stories on the eBay forum here on tPF) will definitely make me think twice next time when I see something that is too good to be true...

hi bookermoose, to be fair, i wouldn't totally write off ebay, seeing that you have had great success with your beloved montaignes. but really, that unethical seller is spoiling for a fight by trying to sell the "fiasco bag" after you have exposed it's many faults. such sellers need to be taught a lesson.

BookerMoose, I'm so sorry this return is not going to go smoothly, but have confidence that you will give that seller a run for her money! I had an experience like that once when I purchased a YSL Muse, not on ebay-at a boutique. I purchased the bag and left it in its dustbag, fully stuffed, and the next day decided to return it because no matter how much I liked the bag, the straps were too short to go over my shoulder comfortably. The manager examined the bag in front of me--took all the stuffing out, unzipped the bag fully and at one point held the bag by one strap and almost turned the bag inside out looking at the lining...then claimed that it looked like it had been worn/broken in because it was not "standing up straight" like the other well stuffed Muses in the display cases. He refunded my money after I pointed out that indeed the other muses stood up straight but they were in fact stuffed to the gills with tissue paper and had not been slung around in the air with one handle. I was so mad at him I could barely see straight...I can only imagine fighting someone anonymously knowing they can make up any story they want. Good luck BookerMoose!

BM, don't let that seller get away!!! I almost yelled when you mentioned you are a lawyer! Hooray, make sure you skin her alive!!! Good luck and let us know.

Your fiasco has really put me on high alert whenever I surf on eBays these days. However, as you said, you would not totally write off eBay and I agree with you. We did score well with some of our buys. One just had to be more careful. In a way, albeit at your expense, we are learning to be more savvy. Thanks.

Again, I'm with you all the way and do keep us posted so that we journey with you and hopefully, rejoice with you soon when you get your money back.

Hmmmm.... I'm still fuming reading your post on the seller accusing you of mishandling her precious smelly fake!

Okay, I may be premature as I don't have the $ in my hands yet, but I have now heard back from the Seller (after opening a PayPal dispute) and she now says she WILL issue me a refund... the proof is in the pudding, of course, but at least she is still in contact with me which I think is a good sign.

I thought you would like her explanation of what happened (and my response to her on this was that, with respect, the fact that she doesn't know BV and therefore didn't know this was a fake doesn't explain why she posted pictures she had clearly not taken and that were clearly not of the bag she was selling... and also that I hadn't asked her about authenticity because she had pictures in her listing of what was clearly an authentic bag...).

"No I could not argue with you about the pictures being different. I was never asked about the authenticity of the bag and I could not have told you not being familiar with the name brand and being told it was Offical upon purchasing. I only purched the bag for resale purposes."

Could the whole fiasco-bag episode be almost behind me?!? Fingers crossed....

^ All fingers and paws crossed for you, BM. Next time you are hankering for a BV fix, c'mon down here and I'll take you to Marios on 6th.