WILLIS Clubhouse!!!

Toward the front? That is taupe.
Taupe? Ok ... Then I guess the one I own is Taupe then. It's grey-beige ... I didn't know that the Willis bag came in so many different shades! I wasn't able to buy Coach in the early 90's and missed a lot of great designs, especially the Willis! She is definitely a favorite of mine since she holds so much! I can jam everything I own in her and there's still room for more!

Your collection is fantastic!

Natalie

Taupe? Ok ... Then I guess the one I own is Taupe then. It's grey-beige ... I didn't know that the Willis bag came in so many different shades! I wasn't able to buy Coach in the early 90's and missed a lot of great designs, especially the Willis! She is definitely a favorite of mine since she holds so much! I can jam everything I own in her and there's still room for more!

Your collection is fantastic!

Natalie
Thanks! Of course, Willis is my favorite style for that very reason, it holds so much but it’s not a huge bag.

I'm just wondering, how long did it take you to collect your Willis bags? And where did you find them all? And do you have every shade produced?

Nosey Natalie
I bought the re-released version in BT, black, mahogany back in 2012 mainly because a coworker had a navy blue one back in the 90s that I lusted for. At that time, I could afford one but you could get a nice leather bag for under $50 so I thought that was silly. Now look at me! All the others I have purchased in the last 22 months. Hard to believe but when I set a goal that’s how I am. With prices going up I’m really, really happy I’m not just starting my Willis collection. A mint condition blue Willis that is possibly a pool color (do not know the official name) I purchased a year ago for $279 is now listed for $999 and it’s rare to even find that color. I lucked out and spotted it late one night after it had just been listed. I had no idea Willis came in so many colors until I went down the vintage bag rabbit hole.

Most I found on ebay and Etsy. I saw my aubergine offered as auction item and since I don’t like auctions I just made a flat-out offer and seller accepted it. I have most colors but since later colors made after 2000 aren’t really well-documented I have hope I’ll still encounter some rare, gorgeous color I do not own. I’m always on the lookout. Most often these days I’m buying New old stock to upgrade the preowned ones to nicer condition. I’ve now got duplicates of several colors. In some instances I will change out the hardware so I have the same color with different colored hardware. I keep threatening to sell the duplicates. I own 5 bottle green!

Whether we buy vintage for its quality, concern for our environment, or just because it takes us back to our younger days, it is a very addictive pastime/hobby/habit. But it is so much fun to score that cool, unusual bag nobody else has!

I bought the re-released version in BT, black, mahogany back in 2012 mainly because a coworker had a navy blue one back in the 90s that I lusted for. At that time, I could afford one but you could get a nice leather bag for under $50 so I thought that was silly. Now look at me! All the others I have purchased in the last 22 months. Hard to believe but when I set a goal that’s how I am. With prices going up I’m really, really happy I’m not just starting my Willis collection. A mint condition blue Willis that is possibly a pool color (do not know the official name) I purchased a year ago for $279 is now listed for $999 and it’s rare to even find that color. I lucked out and spotted it late one night after it had just been listed. I had no idea Willis came in so many colors until I went down the vintage bag rabbit hole.

Most I found on ebay and Etsy. I saw my aubergine offered as auction item and since I don’t like auctions I just made a flat-out offer and seller accepted it. I have most colors but since later colors made after 2000 aren’t really well-documented I have hope I’ll still encounter some rare, gorgeous color I do not own. I’m always on the lookout. Most often these days I’m buying New old stock to upgrade the preowned ones to nicer condition. I’ve now got duplicates of several colors. In some instances I will change out the hardware so I have the same color with different colored hardware. I keep threatening to sell the duplicates. I own 5 bottle green!

Whether we buy vintage for its quality, concern for our environment, or just because it takes us back to our younger days, it is a very addictive pastime/hobby/habit. But it is so much fun to score that cool, unusual bag nobody else has!
Paris Girl,

if you do decide to sell some of your duplicates please keep me in mind. I would most definitely LOVe to get my hands on a Bottle Green Willis!

Paris Girl,

if you do decide to sell some of your duplicates please keep me in mind. I would most definitely LOVe to get my hands on a Bottle Green Willis!
You bet! I need to find time to go through them and then take photos. I’ve been so busy this summer. I do need to clear out some extraneous bags and you can be assured I have dunked and conditioned every one of them! And with the pandemic I’ve had few opportunities to carry them. The only reason I have duplicates is because I kept finding nicer ones and upgrading. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.

You bet! I need to find time to go through them and then take photos. I’ve been so busy this summer. I do need to clear out some extraneous bags and you can be assured I have dunked and conditioned every one of them! And with the pandemic I’ve had few opportunities to carry them. The only reason I have duplicates is because I kept finding nicer ones and upgrading. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.
Paris Girl,

Thank you so much! You rock!

N

Joining the club with green Willis
If that’s the emerald green, it was my first 1941 Willis! It is a gorgeous color and I always get compliments on it. Here are my 1941 Willis bags. I wish so much for more colors like red and purple! The small size is too small for me.

Attachments

• 846A1E5B-213B-4174-B1C6-E21821D61D0A.jpeg
    846A1E5B-213B-4174-B1C6-E21821D61D0A.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 78
The Willis is too big but if you decide to let go of any other styles please let me know too!

Reactions: LadaZuri