Will SA's in Hermes stores authenticate a Birkin for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buying from Hermes stores don't guarantee authenticity (certain stores that is). My friend bought a birkin from Bangkok Hermes, and brought it to Singapore Hermes as she had a problem with it. They told her it was a fake ! They kept her bag as they wanted to investigate the case.

Are you serious??!? What is the world coming to? :wtf::wtf: We can even get fakes from H stores? I am still planning to go Bangkok around June and perhaps buy some stuffs from their H, thou I am not looking at Birkin and Kelly after reading in tPF that it's impossible for tourists to get B and K in Bangkok H.

Do keep us updated on your friend's case! :smile:

Reactions: RainbowTweedy
buying from Hermes stores don't guarantee authenticity (certain stores that is). My friend bought a birkin from Bangkok Hermes, and brought it to Singapore Hermes as she had a problem with it. They told her it was a fake ! They kept her bag as they wanted to investigate the case.

No. Way!! :shocked::wtf: How can that even happen. Buy it, take it home and swap the real for the fake? Do Hermes even do returns? I thought it was only exchange. You have to keep us posted on how that turns out.

Everything in this thread is doing my head in. I really thought that NO SA was authorized to authenticate a bag--or at least, no SA WOULD do so, as no SA wants a parade of folks who've bought from resellers coming in for reassurance. Then the story about a fake bag from an Hermes boutique! I am bewildered. And, actually, skeptical, but perhaps I am living in a fool's paradise.

Hermes store will never sell fakes (*unless its a fake H store)...also my SA self declare they are not eiligible nor train or alllow to do so. So the store craftmen are the best and only hope to solve one's peace of mind on authentication if you approach a H store.

I find it hard to believe you could get a fake H bag from a real H store. I suppose someone could buy a real and exchange it with a fake, but I think it's far more likely someone who's into counterfeiting would buy a real one to use as an example on which to make their fakes.

This is why I will only buy from my boutique -- I have nothing against pre-owned, it's just that for that kind of $$$, the risk is too high for me!

And I know lots of SA's are incredibly knowledgable, but I also remember someone's story here that when they brought their vintage Kelly in for spa, the SA refused to take it because it didn't have strap rings -- but the Kelly was made before additional strap rings were part of the bag! So the knowledge does vary widely.

It is not impossible to buy fake H bag from H store. The people who work at H are human like the rest of the population of the world. Some are good people, some are not.
There are articles on the media about particular H stores selling fake H items few years ago. Don't remember any details unfortunately, was too long ago.
Should you be afraid on buying anything from H stores now? IMO, no. It is no different than getting into a car and get into an accident. Bad things happens. Such is life.

Hi Pollypan, I found it again. It's on the Hermes Authenticate My Bag thread, page 156, dated May 8.

Hope this helps!

Dear Lovemyfamily:

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to type "Claire" to search the thread you mentioned, cannot find anything:sad: do u think you can remember some other key words of the thread?

I would be much much more peace if someone told me that: yes, Claire can do the authentication.

My concern was started from another story about how a nice SA pointed out that a walk-in client was carrying a fake bag and kindly helped her to send her bag to Paris to get a "non-authentic" certification to help the lady get her money back from the reseller. (Sorry I cannot remember how I got know this story.)

I just wish I am not in this kind of case!

It is not impossible to buy fake H bag from H store. The people who work at H are human like the rest of the population of the world. Some are good people, some are not.
There are articles on the media about particular H stores selling fake H items few years ago. Don't remember any details unfortunately, was too long ago.
Should you be afraid on buying anything from H stores now? IMO, no. It is no different than getting into a car and get into an accident. Bad things happens. Such is life.

Oh! No! That make me worried about my jypseres 37 bought from Hermes boutique inside the Herthrow T3. Mine (M stamp 2009) does not have a " HERMES MADE IN FRAMCE" stamp on the shoulder strap while i saw a new display one at Harrods has....
I am bring it back to the bond street Hermes today

Hi a everyone:

I have been in 2 Hermes boutiques: both 2 SA believes that my Jypseres is authentic. However, None of them can explain that why there is no stamp on my bag. So I really wants to know why why why?

The London Hermes boutiques have no record of my purchase as the boutique in Heathrow T3 has his own computer system. So I have been told that I had to contact this airport branch to find out the answer.

As Kelly bag always have stamps on the straps, in my opinion, Jypseres should has as well.

Did the craftman just simply forgot to stamp it on the starp? Or the jpseres strap stamp only happen in this 2 years?

I will update my found ASAP.

catsinthebag said:
I find it hard to believe you could get a fake H bag from a real H store. I suppose someone could buy a real and exchange it with a fake, but I think it's far more likely someone who's into counterfeiting would buy a real one to use as an example on which to make their fakes.

This is why I will only buy from my boutique -- I have nothing against pre-owned, it's just that for that kind of $$$, the risk is too high for me!

And I know lots of SA's are incredibly knowledgable, but I also remember someone's story here that when they brought their vintage Kelly in for spa, the SA refused to take it because it didn't have strap rings -- but the Kelly was made before additional strap rings were part of the bag! So the knowledge does vary widely.

Agreed, and as I know some of SA also not seeing many birkin bags.

Kallie Girl said:
Honestly, if you really want 100% peace of mind, I would take it to an H craftsman in New York (you say you're in the NE) for a spa treatment or initials. You don't have to actually leave it.

But if it were me, I would leave it for a spa because it would give a chance for them to have a more thorough look at it. I would not trust a consignment store or anyone else if I were really looking for peace of mind.

Ya it's kinda way, but just in case it's not authentic U will never get it back.

I heard that 1 SA of ShangHai Hermes boutique told 1 of my friend that Kelly has never came in size 20cm!!! thus, my friend lost a very good chance to get the beautiful vintage Kelly:sad:. At the meantimes, so many resellers in China still advertise their products are "welcome to be authenticed" and makes people believes that they can bring the bag to one of the boutiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.