Will I look stupid with a JPG Birkin?

i am 5'6" and a big girl and i even thought the jpg looked huge and silly on me.

i agree with a leather garden party. or a hac. i think either would be perfect and the genius of a hac is the tall prfile i think elongates a person's figure.

off topic- can a leather GP MM (or whatever the medium size is) hold files or something 8 by 10ish?

off topic- can a leather GP MM (or whatever the medium size is) hold files or something 8 by 10ish?

Yes! Just placed lovely Paris file folders in my leather GP...fit! Although, again...because leather GP is so floopy, will fall over when placed down...fine when GP is hanging on chair, shoulder, etc.

To kind of re-request La Van's original request, I would also love to see a photo of a small person with a JPG!

I am also pretty small, so would be interested. (Although I must say that I have been swayed by the opinion that the bag would be too heavy -- heck, I think my 35 Birkin is too heavy)

My laptop is 28cm long and 20 cm tall. It probably will not fit completely and will have a bit popping at the top. Even if I don't have my laptop, it might be a convenient bag for commuting ... mmm

I have a Macbook, and once I carried it in my 35 Birkin--but I was less worried about the bag and more concerned about the laptop. Even Macbooks should be carried carefully, with not too much jostling. If you can brace it with something, that might be OK, but I think a JPG might not be the best choice for a laptop.

Thanks everyone! Now, I really can't wait to try it a JPG again just for the sake of it. There's a HAC coming in but not in parchemain and I really like parchemain! I called other stores too, but ZERO! Nevertheless, when the HAC comes, I'll also just try it on for the size.

I don't like the GP so much for my laptop because it's so wide inside that my laptop moves around so much. Also, I can't put the GP over my shoulders when I'm wearing a coat.

Heck, maybe I'll just stick with my Longchamp Les Pliages backpack and get a parchemain Lindy instead lol!

I hope to see a JPG soon again so I can try it on once more!

I think you just have to try it on and see how it looks on you. Although I love seeing pictures of other people and consider their height and size when evaluating how a bag really looks, there is just too much of a difference in proportions, etc., to know for sure how something would look on each person. But generally I agree with some here that based on pictures of you I have seen the jpg would not look as good on you as many of your other H bags.
But if you try on the jpg and like how it looks on your frame, I think you can get it and use it without putting your laptop in it. I would get another bag for the laptop. Regardless of how it looks on you I think the jpg isn't a great bag for carrying a laptop.
Have fun experimenting!

In no way you would look stupid, but keep in mind that it will be heavy, I tried it on empty in togo, and it weight me down at 5'4 so if you put as much as would fit in there, you will probably want to have it in your hand not shoulder. So see how low it will swing on you ! you are very stylish, so dont worry about style, think about will it really work practically weight, & lenght wise!

La Van - It's a heavy bag, the question is do you need to walk a lot when commuting? If not, I think it should be ok. You should be able to pull it off nicely since you have the whole wardrobe to match her with :graucho: I have a HAC 32cm, the handle is way too short if you have coat on.

LaVan:heart:, I personally don't think the JPG Shoulder Birkin is a practical bag for daily commuting, with or without a small notebook. It's 42cm long, and trust me, you can bang into people with a long eastwest bag like the shoulder birkin. Not to forget its weight. Your shoulder will ache.

I love my Shoulder Birkin and will wear it on days when I still want to use a Birkin but have 2 kids in tow. But it's not a bag I would even bring out, if I'm out shopping on my own.

I would also love to see a photo of a small person with a JPG!

I am 5'3~5'4 (I always just round up to 5'4:P:graucho:) and 96 LB. I LOVEEEEE my JPG shoulder Birkins. My DH adores the look as well whenever I carry them...:love:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC04188.JPG
    DSC04188.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC04191.JPG
    DSC04191.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC04194.JPG
    DSC04194.JPG