Why you shouldn't be bidding on auctions when you're sick!

Oct 30, 2006
I'm suffering from a terrible flu at the moment! Have had to stay from work the past two days! :sad:

Anyway, I just went to bid on a pair of black dress pants for work. Nothing too fancy. An ordinary brand in Australia. Retails for $79.95 (according to seller). Guess what my max bid was???!!

$1300.00!!! :Push: I meant to put in $13.00! Luckily I won it for $13.00. :rolleyes: That could have been expensive!!! :shocked::hrmm:

Oh dear.

I'm suffering from a terrible flu at the moment! Have had to stay from work the past two days! :sad:

Anyway, I just went to bid on a pair of black dress pants for work. Nothing too fancy. An ordinary brand in Australia. Retails for $79.95 (according to seller). Guess what my max bid was???!!

$1300.00!!! :Push: I meant to put in $13.00! Luckily I won it for $13.00. :rolleyes: That could have been expensive!!! :shocked::hrmm:

Oh dear.

Eeeek :wtf: Well, I'm glad it worked out! Congrats on the win! Hope you are feeling better soon!

If anything, you could've just cancelled your bid if it u noticed within 12 hours. You just needed to cancel for the "entered wrong amount" reason. Good to know if this ever happens again!

Thank girls for all your well wishes! Still feeling pretty crook today, but went to work (couldn't afford to take another day off) anyway!

Had I won it for more that the retail price, I think I would have got my first unpaid item strike. :Push: I'm one of those people who refuses to pay more than retail!!! :whistle:

Lee, had there been shill bidding, I would have report that seller before the auction ended!!! :wlae: And I bid in the last few seconds too!

Shoppy, I wouldn't have paid... or I would have taken it to Chanel and had it made into a bag! :P

Suzie, I had the flu injection two years ago and was sick a few days later! Last year I decided I'd go without and I was fine, so I thought I'd do the same this year. It's spring now...not suppose to get sick. :sad:

Miss Sooky, definitely a good lesson. Don't bid last second when you're sick either... you can't fix it!

Supaxceci, I usually bid in the last second. No time to fix! As soon as I pressed the confirm bid button... I was like "Nooooooooooooooo!"

The seller hasn't sent me the payment information, so maybe she's not happy with the price??? Heheee... If only she knew my max price!