Why the Tiffany Bashing?

They do get complaints. They just don't give a crap. They do enough sales from those desperate for a Tiffany piece that it makes no difference to those up above.

I think they mistake the fact that just because you WORK in Frontenac doesn't make you important or the Tiffany Sargeant. You're still a retail employee, you're still working on commission. It's like they deemed themselves the people in charge of deciding who's money is good enough for Tiffany. And since not enough people choose to take their money elsewhere instead of deal with the attitude nothing will ever get done about it.

That's not right. I've been to quite a few Tiffany stores (albeit mostly in very large cities) and never had a problem with CS. More people should complain and post their experiences. I googled and there is a yelp posting on the Frontenac store with only positive reviews. I didn't find anything negative but clearly this is a problem.

Shocking, no negatives posted. My review of them is clearly not shown. But they might also advertise, which I learned practically guarantees positives only.

I have had MANY MANY MANY issues with THIS store in particular, and many great ones in other lcoations, especially the Michigan Ave in Chicago.

Ame and SKphotoimages, I am a little amazed that after only one trip to this store, I was sure that we were talking about the same place, and we were! All of my previous Tiffany pieces have been purchased either online or at the Austin, TX store. No complaints about Austin; they have provided good CS to my daugher and son-in-law over the years. My experience Saturday was just weird. I didn't have to wait too long for service, soon after I walked in the "greeter" they have at the door (he looked all of 12 years old) popped up next to me and told me someone would be with me shortly, and she was. The SA, who also looked about 12 years old, was initially quite friendly and helpful. But at some point something caused her to snap, and I don't know what it was. Right before I told her I had decided on an 18K small Notes initial pendant, she morphed into a "let's get this over with and get you the hell out of here" attitude. (Maybe it was nap time?) The store was crowded and the SA's were tripping all over each other trying to pull merchandise to show to their customers, Greeter was running back and forth offering water to everyone (except me - I must have looked well-hydrated), and trying his best to keep tabs on everything. There was nothing about the experience that gave me a feeling of being a valued customer or instilled the desire to return. So, I won't. But I suppose I got off easy compared to Ame's experience.

It's unfortunate that almost all of the stores in this shopping center seem to have issues. I won't even pretend to understand what it is that makes sales clerks feel superior to their clientele, and I'm totally baffled by their inability to get the concept that building relationships and having return customers is a good thing. :shrugs:

That's seriously the issue. Every damn person employed in that mall has some messed up and unwarranted feeling of superiority and entitlement and they seriously act like they have to vet all the people in the mall before those people are allowed to buy anything. It's JCrew, for cryin out loud, I can buy that overpriced crap elsewhere in STL thanks. I came there because I knew the damn mall would be completely vacant of other shoppers versus the Galleria and you might have ANYTHING in stock!

It's seriously insane. I have complained above this store many times, I have BBB complaints. I don't understand the issue. I will say that I have never really seen that store crowded. It's usually completely dead aside from a greeter and security guy.

I will say that I just cackled loudly at the "well hydrated" comment.

When I've been in there the silver counter is usually packed. I don't usually go to Frontenac though. Just a few trips to tiffany's over the years. I've actually only ever bought a present for my sister in law there though. Everything else has been in Chicago, Nashville, or online.
Regarding online reviews. I don't trust those regarding stores. I had a movers once who stole my husbands wedding band, and they were rude on top of it. I wrote online reviews regarding their poor attitude, scheduling problems, and lack of background checks or their movers being insured against theft. It was removed. I don't know how or why. Luckily I lived at the time in a municipality that gave a darn and the detectives found the guy and were able to prove it though a pawn shop sale.
And grace04, I have never ever been offered a water there.

Ridic is all I can say.

I'm a big yelper and I know on Yelp, reviews will be filtered (hidden) by reviewers who have only a few reviews. This is because of sketchy reviewers who register, make a few good reviews for their own business/friends and then write bad ones for competitors. Unfortunately, the filter program randomly (IMO - or people flag the reviews) picks which reviews to filter and will sometimes hide legit ones in the process.

I have definitely learned that one. And as a business owner (and at one point, multiple business owner), I can tell you that my experience is that if you aren't willing to pay for more exposure, they WILL deliberately filter positives away. Even a new poster who deliberately joined to post a negative will show before a positive.

LOL.....that Frontenac store sounds like "theatre of the absurd"!!!

CS has gone by the wayside. But like everything and everywhere else, it depends WHO you get. There are still in existence those sales reps who actually give a damn, but they are few and far between.

It's uncanny to think that going into such a "famous" store, to SPEND YOUR $$$, you're playing Russian roulette. But then what gives someone the right to insult or disrespect someone just because they're having a bad day??? Stay home I say, or get yourself a job filing papers in administration FAR away from people.

Good or bad, at the end of the day, the ONE negative will outweigh any positive a thousand times over. Although it's a sad reality, it should in no way deter someone from making their intended purchase.

That particular store is just a trainwreck but that whole mall is like that. The Neimans has me friggin ticketed by Frontenac Police all the time because I look "suspicious". I guess browsing is suspicious. Saks is always picked over, the Talbots is MASSIVE, there is a Cole Haan, Coach, LV, JCrew, Sur la Table, Pottery Barn, Canyon Cafe (which btw is FOUL)...it's just never packed with people at all. Probably because every time people show up they get treated like dirt!

Yeah but look where that mall is. My general consensus of the old money ladue/frontenac people is they are mostly all that way. It's like rudeness is a sign of eliteness. Like you've earned the right, or rather have the birthright, of being rude. I don't know. I'm a SoCo girl, so what do I know. I'm used to people greeting each other at the gas station while getting a morning coffee, picking up a neighbors trashcan that's blown into the street in a wind storm, friendly chat at a cash register, letting the elderly go first, shoveling the snow off your elderly neighboors driveway, etc etc. Moving to west county with all the "keeping up with the Joneses" was a shock for me. It's newer money here, but people are so darn competitive and more standoffish. F them I say. Sometimes I turn my tuner up and blow black smoke out of my diesel truck just for the heck of it when I've been given a weird look for driving a truck in a sea of Mercedes, Lexus, range rovers, etc.. Yep..that's right folks..I'm a hoosier..lol. But I'm one darn happy one. Even so, I love jewelry...expensive jewelry, and occasionally those are Tiffany's pieces. I'll still buy from there, but now it's just going to have to wait for Nashville getaways.

Yeah but look where that mall is. My general consensus of the old money ladue/frontenac people is they are mostly all that way. It's like rudeness is a sign of eliteness. Like you've earned the right, or rather have the birthright, of being rude. I don't know. I'm a SoCo girl, so what do I know. I'm used to people greeting each other at the gas station while getting a morning coffee, picking up a neighbors trashcan that's blown into the street in a wind storm, friendly chat at a cash register, letting the elderly go first, shoveling the snow off your elderly neighboors driveway, etc etc. Moving to west county with all the "keeping up with the Joneses" was a shock for me. It's newer money here, but people are so darn competitive and more standoffish. F them I say. Sometimes I turn my tuner up and blow black smoke out of my diesel truck just for the heck of it when I've been given a weird look for driving a truck in a sea of Mercedes, Lexus, range rovers, etc.. Yep..that's right folks..I'm a hoosier..lol. But I'm one darn happy one. Even so, I love jewelry...expensive jewelry, and occasionally those are Tiffany's pieces. I'll still buy from there, but now it's just going to have to wait for Nashville getaways.

LOL....love this post!

Only those with NO class or manners will put other people down.

But I'll tell you this....I don't know whether it's age, experience, life, or a combo of all three.......I've gotten to a point in my life where I draw the line about accepting BS from people. I speak up! I remember being in a quaint boutique in a posh district and one of the SA's made a rude/snide remark about my 4 year old son- right at the cash while I was about to pay!!! Took me 10 seconds to tear a strip off of her (in a nice way of course! hee hee). That store lost a sale but I'm willing to bet that woman never utters a negative remark to another child again.

Life's too short.....& I really don't have the time to waste on people's rude attitudes.

I have definitely learned that one. And as a business owner (and at one point, multiple business owner), I can tell you that my experience is that if you aren't willing to pay for more exposure, they WILL deliberately filter positives away. Even a new poster who deliberately joined to post a negative will show before a positive.

I think yelp was actually sued by a furniture company in San Francisco. They had great reviews and when they didn't pay for the advertisement or endorsement, yelp went an deleted all their positive reviews. The furniture store said that previously customer were coming based on reviews and then they stopped cause the bad ones showed up. And this was for several businesses. I forgot what was the outcome though?

CS is definitely a gamble with stores. I've had some pretty bad Tiffany store experiences and I think what SK said about the population there definitely affects it. The "old money" stores versus big urban city stores in tourist areas have different feels with them.

The worst was with my most recent LV purchase, I asked what was the exchange or return policy in case I wanted to bring it home and show DF. If he didn't approve I would exchange it. The girl straight up told me "then maybe you shouldn't buy it"... WTF! I was so mad and I actually had to complain and I never do in all other situations. I did keep the purse because DF liked it for me but still just knowing I gave her commission left a bad taste in my mouth. Whereas with some sales people I will let them sell me anything and I'd happily give them my commission and then some!

Life's too short.....& I really don't have the time to waste on people's rude attitudes.

Amen to that! Goodness have I become one loud person after these few years in college. Haha I used to totally get run over and brush everything off. Maybe it's age or experience but at this point I stopped caring and have a higher tendency to let people know how I feel if they are rude to me and have lost the censor button on myself when people cross the line. I've even had teachers tell me that I'm not what they expect from my first impression.

But on the other end when people really go beyond expected for me, I have no problem writing a letter or letting a manager know how wonderful the person was. The last one I wrote was for Macy's and the guy totally jumped through hoops for me to find sweats! I didn't even ask him to check that throughly, he just did it! It was incredible and I felt the need to let his manager know.

But on the other end when people really go beyond expected for me, I have no problem writing a letter or letting a manager know how wonderful the person was.

I practice this as well. While it's easy enough to complain, I find taking the time to appreciate GOOD customer service has fallen through the cracks.

I've been known to drop off a bottle of "good" vino and a gift card to the amazing SA as well ;)