Why do some BV bags have 2 rows of authenticatino codes?

Jul 4, 2007
I was browsing on Ebay and noticed that some of the BV bags have two rows of authentication codes on the tag. The top row is the usual number that we see on all, except vintage, authentic BV bags, 115653 V0013 2040, for example. The bottom row is another string of numbers. Does anyone know that that means? Is it normal for authentic BV to have two rows of codes on the same tag? I have seen some LE items that have 2 codes together, but on a regular classic style yet. Any information will be appreciated. I'm still trying to learn more about BV. The superb craftmanship and the quality of leather make me deeply addicted to it.

I have no clue, dolphingirl. I checked my campana from s/s 2007, has only one row of numbers. Is this an older bag you are looking at? Do the leather and details look right? Wish I could help more, maybe some of our BV experts could help.

Ouija board, thank you for the information. I thought it's only the 2007 bags that have two rows. Here is one link to an Ebay auction, for example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Botte...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I really have no clue about this. :confused1: Or is it the new code system? I will try to find a chance to talk to my SA, and hopefully he is knowledgeable enough. Some SAs just don't know what they are talking about, you know.

Okay, now you've got me curious. I checked my newest bags, a carmino tote and a ferro roma both from A/W 2007; both have 2 lines of codes just like the picture off ebay. So I guess it is bags made in 2007. Maybe my limo bag was made in 2006 for the s/s 2007 season? Hope this helps! That is a very pretty carmino veneta on the ebay auction.