Why Do Asians Love Luxury Labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!! :amazed: Are you serious?

It's called a "sugar daddy" here in the US and it happens ALLLLL the time. Such is life. I'm not about to sleep with a geezer for a purse. :yucky:

....BUT my DH buys all mine and is a REALLY cute and fairly young sugar daddy and I'd sleep with HIM for a purse! hehe
We even joke about it! He tries to bribe me with handbags. Shameful! lol

I am a Japanese from Japan but I'm not sure why.

I think it's a strange culture and Japan market thing.
There are so many good information and temptations.

They are not acting like a rich.
, coz everyone get some LV items so it's a not special and LV is not luxury for them.
They live $600 apartment but carry over $1000 bags.

I moved to US.
I was thinking about same thing.
Over here, my image is "luxury people carry luxury bag with first or business class" but in Japan, avarage people eat cup noodles and carry luxury bag".

I am avarage and also eat cup noodles but I love LV and Chanel.
When I go other country or some state, I always buy at least one LV items because it's good memories for me.
I'll remember forever.

And...
In Japan, we have to be same as others and we have to be perfect at regular school or company.
Everybody almost same hair color, body shape, same customs.......
If you were Japanese in Japan and then you have natural red hair or if you are super big fat or something different as others at a school, they definitely tease you seriously. And then you never go to school again.

It's too hard the life in Japan, "have to do this"..."have to be that." Too much pressure.
that's why so many people suicide in Japan almost everyday even teenagers.

Most Japanese are hard head like me(^-^)

Sorry about my funny English.

I love LV anyway. I fly by economy class and can buy two more bags better than business class!

^^interesting

^I don't think it was meant as "what's wrong with..." but as "why is that?" I find cultural differences and their consequences very interesting and being part of an international discussion board has the advantage of hearing from people in e.g. Japan first hand, which I find an amazing experience :smile:

I can't answer from an Asian point of view but I like luxury goods like LV if/because they are well made and I'm a perfectionist myself, I don't like loose threads or crooked purses, and LV provides quality for me.

I would attribute this craze for luxury labels to the all-important concept of "face" in the Asian societies. No matter what you do, how you appear to other people and what others think of you is extremely important. So much that families will sacrifice the happiness of their loved ones to "save face"

E.g. Now allowing your daughter to marry anyone who doesn't at least equal the family's social status because of what others will think.

Perhaps this extends to having luxury goods, and having them in as many facets of your life as possible, because it reflects to others your success. And appearing successful to others is crucial.

My parents have read in the Vietnamese paper of an instance in the US when a Vietnamese man drove a Mercedes but lived on two-minute noodles to afford it.

With the prostitution thing, it happens in Australia too. In fact, I know there are girls at my uni who do it. It's also interesting to see how many young Japanese girls advertise their services in the paper :sad:

:yes: :yes: :yes: Work hard, play hard!

It's true. My high school is more than 70% Asian and though back in the 70s and 80s was a bad school, now it is a very good school. Test scores are very high and even non-Asians do relatively well but it is interesting to note that those non-Asians hang out with mostly Asians.

My parents worked very hard and though might not have had that much education, my dad is extremely smart and by the ages of 23 [mom] and 27 [dad], my parents bought and paid in full a 2 story townhouse with 3 bedrooms and yea... Not to mention the S class Benz and the countless number of LVs and Gucci's my mom has. Not to be bragging but just background info.

Sooo, I hope by working my part time and saving... I will be as successful as my parents. I probably won't buy a house as early as they did, but maybe an apartment? I probably will just wait until I graduate and have enough to buy my own house or purchase with my partner. However... There's still the want of that damned LV azur speedy and zippy, they are all I can think about most days :sad: .

Yea, I think Asians like luxury because my parents and their friends have worked hard and their close friends are relatively well off so they earned it. :yes:

I do know while in luxury stores, the SA's will trample over me to get to the Asian customers. Possibly I will only "look" but the Asian customers will buy.
My assumption is that they earn more & work & sacrifice more than I will.

Heaps of Aussies carry fake goods here in Australia, and if LV here were to only depend on the non-Asian customers to keep them going, they would have left the country ages ago. There's no doubt Asians are bigger consumers of luxury products than other races.

Status
Not open for further replies.