Who's on the NM wait list for EDITH? info?

beauxgoris said:
The "Edith" and the "Cantine" are two totally different bags to me...

The edith is more of a destructured kelly bag. The cantine looks like a hip bowling bag.

My SA told me that the Cantine is the shoulder version of the Edith. I agree with you...and who wants to shell out $1400 for a bowling bag? My big pocket could double as a bowling bag! Except that I don't bowl...LOL.
:smile:

^^It's odd - I thought by "adding a shoulder strap" they were going to do something a la Balenciaga City bag - (now that would be a modification worth waiting for) - but it looks like they just expanded the whole shape of the bag (thereby changing it too much from the original "edith" look for me),

mercer said:
They've cancelled my order twice! I finally got a chocolate ordered- although it's listed as "backordered" and there is no delivery date listed. I'm confident I'll end up with one- I think a lot of people have their names on many, many lists which will mean lots of cancellations. (as you can guess, I'm trying to be positive my hopes!)

^^^I really hope you're right about that!!! I want this bag so badly - i'll be so disappointed if none of my "waiting lists" come through...

Funny story - I called a store today (dept. store) and asked all about the edith when it would be in - if I could put my name of the list, etc. etc.

Finally the woman was like "oh wait - you're ------!" "I already have your name of my list!"

okay - the sad news - she said they were only getting ONE whiskey Edith - ONE can you believe that!!

beauxgoris said:
^^I saw that before - but no photo on the link? Also what is the "distressed" leather version look like?

i got the item number from the catalog and punched it in- voila, there it was available for order! I'm guessing they are trying to hide it so catalog shoppers might have a chance. It's just the regular old chocolate (which is wonderful). Not sure what they mean about "distressed". I'm pretty sure they will probably cancel it on me, but I figure it's worth a shot!

^I'm sure it's just regular old chocolate- you could call customer service and ask. I'm on the wait list for it- I figure if something else pans out it would be easy enough to cancel it before it ships. At this point i'd be very happy with either a chocolate or a whisky.

beauxgoris said:
Does anyone have this catalog - so we can hear what the photo looks like?

Here is the NM chocolate photo. The whiskey is distressed, but Chloe said the chocolate wasn't. Maybe just the way the leather wrinkles?

Attachments

• Chocolate Edith.jpg
    Chocolate Edith.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 32
ETenebris said:
Here is the NM chocolate photo. The whiskey is distressed, but Chloe said the chocolate wasn't. Maybe just the way the leather wrinkles?

humm? On the NM page it says "EDITH BAG DISTRESSED LEATHER" and also has the color as coco brown - not "chocolate".

I would purchase this bag - but i'm worried that it's some funky variation that we haven't seen yet?

*i'm confused*
:huh: :wacko:

beauxgoris said:
humm? On the NM page it says "EDITH BAG DISTRESSED LEATHER" and also has the color as coco brown - not "chocolate".

I would purchase this bag - but i'm worried that it's some funky variation that we haven't seen yet?

*i'm confused*
:huh: :wacko:

I noticed that, too, but they list a lot of the colors differently. For example, blanc at Chloe is ivory at NM. BUT they did originally offer it in a chocolate at NM, so maybe this is some new version we have not seen yet. Sounds pretty to me! Why not get on the pre-order for one and when you see a pic you can decide? Then you are covered either way.