Whole new Style - no Hardware (2016)

Definitely do not like this.

It seems to be almost a joke on the Bal customers--holes instead of the studs? I can't see from the pics but what about the closure, is the zipper going to still be there since the front pocket w/zipper was removed? And I can't see the laces on the handles, though they could still be there, just in the shadow. Also, this stripped down bag could be a counterfeiter's dream.

Definitely do not like this.

It seems to be almost a joke on the Bal customers--holes instead of the studs? I can't see from the pics but what about the closure, is the zipper going to still be there since the front pocket w/zipper was removed? And I can't see the laces on the handles, though they could still be there, just in the shadow. Also, this stripped down bag could be a counterfeiter's dream.

This comment is helping me articulate to myself WHY I don't like it. Holes instead of studs almost seems . . . mocking. In the classic moto bag, the studs, while perhaps not NECESSARY for the construction of the bag, at least LOOK like they are - they look like they're holding the bag together, and therefore aren't completely superfluous. The classic bags appeal to me because they look so UN-fussy. They look a little rough. They're made of luxurious leather, but they're held together by rough-looking motorcycle-style studs, buckles, and zippers. It's a perfect balance, and a juxtaposition that really works. It's a motorcycle bag, but it's small and refined enough for use as a handbag. It looks cool and unpretentious.

This bag - this no-hardware bag - it just looks pointless. It doesn't look like a motorcycle bag, which, for me personally, takes away the whole reason to wear a Balenciaga (as opposed to any other high-quality leather bag). The PLACEMENT of the studs itself (with no studs actually there) is not aesthetically appealing enough on its own, for me. It looks conspicuous. There's no PRACTICAL REASON for holes without studs, know what I mean? So in that sense, this bag, while plain, is not "minimalist" to me. It's a bag that has a lot of pointless detailing. It has the outline of a zipper but no zipper. True minimalism strips away that which is not necessary. This bag seems to have taken necessary things AWAY and added things that serve no purpose other than to REMIND US OF the detailing of the motorcycle bag. For me, I'd rather just go ahead and carry a moto bag . . . or not. If I want a sleek, minimalist leather bag, there are other options out there (other styles; other brands). This bag seems like brand-loyalty taken to an absurd extreme -- a bag that is lacking all of the characteristics of the brand, but still fits the pattern ENOUGH to intrigue collectors?

I don't know. It certainly has made me think about it a lot, and for that, it definitely achieves something artistically. Sometimes, that IS the point of a design, and I can appreciate that. But there's absolutely no reason for me to purchase or carry this bag, if we're just looking at it as a purse or an accessory. Two different ways of evaluating fashion.

Damnit, I better stop talking about this stupid bag before I start liking it. LMAO.

Agreed! Guess I'm "over" the prices that luxury houses charge. Now I look for similar styles in affordable prices because I know they're out there! Plus they're usually more 'one of a kind' rather than commonplace.
Same here the price increases really have been turning me off big time. I just can't justify them for something that's a want. I actually recently bought two cheap bags at of all places costco. They kind of remind me of bal because they have buckles on the bottom. I originally got the black and liked it so much I went back to get it in the metallic color. They were only $40 too! One of the girls who dose my nails loved the metallic one so much she got it because she was looking for a small metallic bag forever. I'm impressed that I was able use such a small bag. I have a final few bags that I want to get and then be done. One more Bal and possibly 1 or 2 LVs.

e56e883032a520d02a930110eeb036e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: New Obsessions
I find myself liking it. It's as though Bal is doing an insider joke, like a secret handshake. I agree that 3K is exorbitant for this. For the money I'd put it toward something else.

Who do you think will be the first celebrity photographed with a promo bag?

Reactions: Summerfriend
Are they trying to juxtapose the Metal Plate? Like all hardware vs no hardware, both in calf skin?

Anyway, am glad that I have procured Plate to get a feel of the lushy calf skin. I know this is different calfskin type, but with the design and the price, I'd choose Plate over and over again.

I think the bag is expensive because there is another layer of leather underneath the top layer? And since it's the same calfskin as Hermes, I'm not surprised they jacked up the price that much. My guess is that it is either Evercolor Calfskin or Swift calfskin. Both are amazing!

Reactions: nucleii
Same here the price increases really have been turning me off big time. I just can't justify them for something that's a want. I actually recently bought two cheap bags at of all places costco. They kind of remind me of bal because they have buckles on the bottom. I originally got the black and liked it so much I went back to get it in the metallic color. They were only $40 too! One of the girls who dose my nails loved the metallic one so much she got it because she was looking for a small metallic bag forever. I'm impressed that I was able use such a small bag. I have a final few bags that I want to get and then be done. One more Bal and possibly 1 or 2 LVs.

Bahzinga!!!! Same here; the only bags that I've been buying are Bal "oldies" at major discount! I kind of feel bad for some of the gals who bought some of the more recent Celine bags (the "Tie") .. because now they are struggling to sell them. The whole notion of "Trend" bags seems to have gone bye-bye; people are either investing in a classic (Hermes, Chanel) -OR- going with lesser brands.