Who has a Wii and....?

Swanky,

If I were you, I would get one whenever you see it. I am not sure how the Wii will be selling around Christmas time.

I know when I bought the Wii for my son at launch date it was next to impossible to get one unless you pre ordered it.

Swanky-
Definitely get one when you see it! It comes with ONE Wiiremote and one Wiinunchuk. I'd say you definitely want to get at LEAST one other set ... maybe more depending on how many people you want to play at once..but 2 complete will get you started. It comes with Wiisports...so that will also get you started on Christmas morning.

Wii sports is definitely a great workout! Love it for exercise. I'm super excited for DDR too..and WiiFit when it comes out next spring. That..and this isn't much exercise...but the new Boogie game...its like Karaoke from what I can tell..totally want that!

ahh, i had the wii, got it the first week it came out, played it, then the toddler was trying to destroy it. so, before i knew about all the extra accessories, i sold it and regret it now...

I have the Wii, and I have Wii sports, but it's still in the box, unopened. It was a birthday gift from my BF, and he bought it months ago. My birthday is this month, and I promised him I wouldn't use it until my birthday. I hope it's fun, and that I get sore. LOL. I think that would mean I'm getting a little workout.

any one place have better prices than the next that you can recommend?

Swanky, did the store definitely have the Wii or did you just see the boxes in the window? A lot of stores have the boxes on display to let you know that the store carries the Wii, but they may not have the Wii in stock at the moment.

In NJ, it was really difficult to find one. My boyfriend eventually bought a bundle (the system, 3 games, an extra controller & a few other things for $500) because we couldn't find one in stores in all of South Jersey.

If you see one in stores absolutely snatch it up ASAP, I imagine around Christmas time it's going to be darn near impossible to get one.

and LOL at OP-Yes, I had Wii-elbow from the bowling and tennis games the first weekend I played the sport games!

My dad got our Wii from Sears and a discount. It came to about $230!! Very happy. :smile: Have you tried Target too, Swanky? Anyways, wherever you see one, I agree with the others, snatch it up!!

But ITA, by X'mas, those will be FLYING off the shelves.

So I did the training thing for boxing yesterday and a 3 games of tennis w/ my mom and WHOO was that a workout! But I'm not that sore today! In fact, I think working my sore arm made it loosen a bit so it feels a lot better today.

Does anyone have any games they can recommend? DEFINITELY getting the WiiFit and DDR when it comes out in the coming months, but was wondering if there were any other options.

Thanks!

I've been looking all over for a wii lately and still no luck! I hate how the gamestop stores have tons of wii console boxes up for display even though they're sold out of them and there's nothing in the boxes. You'd think that after all these months that the wii has been out it would be a little easier to track one down!