white bags....anyone own? regret?

I bought the white Kooba Sienna over a year ago at Henri Bendel in NYC. Since the texture seemed not to be glossy and had a slightly sueded feel, I asked the SA if I need to get it protected - they said no. About 3 wks later, blue from airport pleather/vinyl seats had rubbed off on its bottom, not to mention dirty in general.

When I was back in NYC the next month, I stopped by and complained and mentioned I was primarily annoyed b/c I had asked if it needed to be stainproofed and I was told "no". The SA said to bring it in and soon received a call from a cust svc rep saying that they could send it to their preferred leather cleaner to get cleaned and stainproofed. I said I would pay for the stainproofing myself, but Bendels paid for the cleaning and shipping. It wasn't too much and wish I could remember the name of where they sent it for future reference.

It looked as good as new! One drawback, the slightly sueded texture is a bit hardedened - so it is not as supple, but not bad b/c now I can wipe it clean.

Moral of the story - beware of the white handbag, but if you must, definitely stainproof it and pick a texture that will work well with stainproofing!

White bags are like white pants for me = disaster. I prefer gold or the like. However I would consider a white to only be used on special occasions but I would have to justify the cost too.

I don't own a white H bag - I'm still at the dreamig stage, but about a third of the rest of my bags are white. I tend to enjoy the white too much!
Basically, the bag is just an extension of your body, and as long as you remember it as such, it can stay clean. It never leaves my hand or shoulder. I've never had the color shifting problem - but like I said three sentences ago, I'm still just having H dreams.
I want my second bag to be the JPG Kelly in white. :smile:
(tiny white bags are too adorable.)

i have a white plume in epsom. Up to now, it loooks brand spanking new to me. i love how epsom in white is so low maintanence. I never worry about get it dirty!!!!!

that's why I am plaining to get my birkin in white epsom:P White is high maintenance , but I just can't stop myself , cuz I like all white in summer:sweatdrop:

basically, the bag is just an extension of your body, and as long as you remember it as such, it can stay clean. It never leaves my hand or shoulder.

Just to clarify once more...the white Kelly I saw was never used....never taken from the box....and it was almost completely patchy wee-coloured yellow. It was white boxcalf from the 80's (I think, can't exactly remember)

No matter if the bag is just an extension of your body or not, it's gonna change over time. Even a coating would start yellowing over time. So "as long as you remember it as such, it can stay clean"..doesn't happen, realistically.

Actually, there is one way to keep white bags white - vacuum seal them. Forever. LOL.

I'd say "no" to anything white including Rose Dragee (don't flog me) because after spending so much money on a bag, I'd want it to at least remain free of filth for longer than a nano-second.

I think it's great that there's the spa we can send our bags to for annual maintenance but once you have to send it off more than that and considering it takes at least two months to get back...well, I'm not sure the bags worth it in the end.

I have a white leather chanel bag. I have to say I don't regret purchasing it but I don't recommend purchasing one as well. My white bag has by far, been one of the hardest bags to maintain. Just to let you know, if you wear dark denim, the dye will transfer to your white bag as it did on mine.:Push: I'm just glad I didnt spend as much compared to an Hermes to find out how hard it is maintain.:sweatdrop:

That's the cutest baby I've seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....................just trying to rack up my number of posts......you know. Since there's some kind of bet going on......................