Which rose gold watch - Daytona or Ballon Bleu???

OMG, I Adore your Daytona.
I am getting the Gold Mother of pearl with Diamond Dial next January (Hubby's Gift :biggrin:).. But i feel the steel and Gold is much more practical.
In fact, i find the Gold Version is so SPECIAL and you can't find a lot wearing it as it is a bit exclusive.
What do you think? Full Gold or Gold/Steel ?

I love my YG one so much I'm planning on getting a SS/Gold one next! :graucho:

So don't ask me. I'm no help! :P

i vote fr daytona! it looks stunning on victoria beckham! i don't see it masculine at all and she is petite and so elegant. regarding the rg cartier , my sister has a Santos Dumont in rose gold and just after a year it became officially yellow!

Hi eye candy,
I answered your other post and just to let you know here, yes, Cartier did polish my RG Ballon and now it's just the same as when I first purchased it! They (Cartier) just gave me the reason being as 'oxidization' which apparently 'can happen from time to time'. It's not a watch that I wear swimming...I'm not a sweaty type of person, it has been in the sun on vacations and such....who knows what the reason could really be?

I'm glad to have it back to the original colour! That's the reason why I purchased it in the first place, because I personally prefer Cartier's rose gold colour to Rolex's RG (Rolex RG will not fade/change though).
I'm very happ

Tiffany polished the "oxidation" off of my rose gold key necklace and while it's better, it still doesn't have the same pink tone that it had before. They told me that the oxidation occurs from any variety of things like lotions, perfume, sweat, chlorine, etc. Basically, there is no way to avoid it. It's not a quality issue, it's just a naturally occurring process that really can't be avoided in many cases.

this thread is old but still relevant for me. i ended up getting the rolex daytona only to exchange it a few days later for the rolex ladies platinum president with dia bezel/markers. i'm STILL thinking about the daytona though :smile: can't get it out of my mind!

PLUS i will say that after one year, my cartier rg love bracelet is turning yg. i compared it to another cartier rg necklace and they look very different. i don't mind since the love bracelet looks very good in yg as well but for the watch i'd want it to stay rose gold.

so, daytona is still on my wishlist (after a couple of van cleef acquisitions which are a priority).

this thread is old but still relevant for me. i ended up getting the rolex daytona only to exchange it a few days later for the rolex ladies platinum president with dia bezel/markers. i'm STILL thinking about the daytona though :smile: can't get it out of my mind!

PLUS i will say that after one year, my cartier rg love bracelet is turning yg. i compared it to another cartier rg necklace and they look very different. i don't mind since the love bracelet looks very good in yg as well but for the watch i'd want it to stay rose gold.

so, daytona is still on my wishlist (after a couple of van cleef acquisitions which are a priority).
Did you post a pic?
If not...do!
Sounds gorgeous!

I'd definitely get the Daytona. Cartier RG, while unbeatable IMO at first, will undoubtedly fade over time. Rolex will not. The RG Daytona is dreamy (as are all Daytonas in my totally unbiased opinion! :P)