Which one? 16 sweet motif Vs vintage 10 motif necklace

Which necklace should I choose?

• 16 motif sweet in RG

• 10 motif vintage in YG

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can I throw another option out there? My favorite “best of both worlds” is to add a 5 motif behind the neck to a 10 motif.
1) Ease: you do not need to unclasp to put it on, so I wear these combos almost every day, while the actual 10s I never wear.

2) Length- perfect length IMO- closest to the 16. I am also short, so the 20 is a bit too long when not doubled up.

3) Versatility- multiple combos available. You can also buy the 10 first and add the 5 later if you like.

Thats what i do, i personally like both the length of 10 and 10+5. But i wear my 10 motif slightly more on its own

Also, i dont find WG nor 10 motif hard to do casually as well. I used to think 10 motif may be too dressy, but now i find my pendants lacking. Lol

Im just wearing a spag pink sundress today, super casualll

I in fact, personally find YG 10 motif too dressy for me

20230108_092627.jpg

20230108_092654.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what i do, i personally like both the length of 10 and 10+5. But i wear my 10 motif slightly more on its own

Also, i dont find WG nor 10 motif hard to do casually as well. I used to think 10 motif may be too dressy, but now i find my pendants lacking. Lol

Im just wearing a spag pink sundress today, super casualll

I in fact, personally find YG 10 motif too dressy for me

View attachment 5685935

View attachment 5685936
Super gorgeous :smile:

Reactions: sassification
If your heart is set on YG go for that. If you can be swayed and will stop thinking about the YG once you get the RG, go with RG. Because you’re so fair, even RG can pop on you. And it picks up the pink in your skin. I voted for the 10 motif. Went back and changed vote after seeing the sweet 16 on you. I really like it. It’s easy and super casual, and looks cool doubled. But this comes from a person who likes sweets and wears my pave sweets 24/7. I would wait to try the hammered YG 10 motif. You may still love that.
This is an old thread but you wear pave sweets? Wondering if you still wear despite the motifs flipping? It’s on my maybe list atm…

Reactions: EpiFanatic
This is an old thread but you wear pave sweets? Wondering if you still wear despite the motifs flipping? It’s on my maybe list atm…
Yes my sweets are my most worn VCA pieces. My sweet pave studs are sharing time with my new pave perlee studs. But my six motif bracelet is my most worn bracelet. This is from an extremely lazy jewelry wearer. Don't want to bother to take stuff off if don’t have to.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 54
Yes my sweets are my most worn VCA pieces. My sweet pave studs are sharing time with my new pave perlee studs. But my six motif bracelet is my most worn bracelet. This is from an extremely lazy jewelry wearer. Don't want to bother to take stuff off if don’t have to.
Did you happen to purchase the 16 in pave sweets? That was on my list but also saw that is possible to SO a 16 hammered… not that I’m anywhere near the spend requirement..but one can wish haha 😂

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Did you happen to purchase the 16 in pave sweets? That was on my list but also saw that is possible to SO a 16 hammered… not that I’m anywhere near the spend requirement..but one can wish haha 😂
No I did not buy that. Too pricey for what it is and the flipping on that piece did bother me when I tried it on. I feel like the price would not be worth it, even if you could SO it. I would think a 10 motif in hammered WG would be a better use of funds.

No I did not buy that. Too pricey for what it is and the flipping on that piece did bother me when I tried it on. I feel like the price would not be worth it, even if you could SO it. I would think a 10 motif in hammered WG would be a better use of funds.
Do you have an opinion about the 10 motif diamond? I actually saw the 5 motif today and it was so gorgeous. The sa told me the necklace shouldn’t flip but it seems like it likely would?

Do you have an opinion about the 10 motif diamond? I actually saw the 5 motif today and it was so gorgeous. The sa told me the necklace shouldn’t flip but it seems like it likely would?
I’ve tried the pave five motif too and it’s gorgeous. On the wrist I think the chances of flipping are pretty high, of course because it moves with your arm. In the neck I think it would be less likely to flip. Theoretically it should just sit on your neckline. However if you were to engage in vigorous activity I can see it being more likely to flip. @nicole0612, can you chime in on this question about the pave 10 motif? Does yours flip?

I’ve tried the pave five motif too and it’s gorgeous. On the wrist I think the chances of flipping are pretty high, of course because it moves with your arm. In the neck I think it would be less likely to flip. Theoretically it should just sit on your neckline. However if you were to engage in vigorous activity I can see it being more likely to flip. @nicole0612, can you chime in on this question about the pave 10 motif? Does yours flip?
It flips! For the WG, it doesn’t jump out in photos, but if I am looking for it then I can see it. That’s the main reason why I don’t want a pave yellow gold or rose gold 10 motif necklace, though I love pave stones in all golds. I have the pave WG 10 motif and it is not noticeable when it flips unless you are looking for it, because the motifs look similarly sparkly on either side. Yellow gold and rose gold look quite different on the underside when they flip, so I find it to be too noticeable for me at that price point. I only have the WG, but I have attached 5 motif YG pave and 5 motif alternating RG pave bracelets to longer necklaces as a mock up for SO ideas, and the flipping is noticeable.

It flips! For the WG, it doesn’t jump out in photos, but if I am looking for it then I can see it. That’s the main reason why I don’t want a pave yellow gold or rose gold 10 motif necklace, though I love pave stones in all golds. I have the pave WG 10 motif and it is not noticeable when it flips unless you are looking for it, because the motifs look similarly sparkly on either side. Yellow gold and rose gold look quite different on the underside when they flip, so I find it to be too noticeable for me at that price point. I only have the WG, but I have attached 5 motif YG pave and 5 motif alternating RG pave bracelets to longer necklaces as a mock up for SO ideas, and the flipping is noticeable.
Wow, you have the 10 wg pave too?! I think that’s the blingiest and most beautiful of the paves, but I could not pull that off. I guess it’s good that it’s realistically out of my price point at this time. I do have the pave pendant and ring in yg and i love it so much that I did kind of want it in the 10… I should probably just try (very hard) to get the hammered yellow gold 10 instead and just wait for my new tennis bracelet that is on my way to me to satisfy my sparkle needs haha.

I’m not a vigorous activity lady ahah but I am kind of ocd lol. So I think it might bother me. I think for my first (hopefully carefree) 10, I should probably just go for the hammered 10. I’m the odd one out but not a fan of guilloche.

Reactions: EpiFanatic and hhw