Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

Thank you for this pic. I love the look of this ginger… my collection is calling for it. What size phone do you have in the pocket? That’s a great feature. Does it come with the 3 part strap?
You're most welcome! My phone is a standard size Samsung Galaxy. It's in a slim case and fits perfectly in the front pocket. it also slips nicely into the main compartment. The strap is non-detachable and is strictly a crossbody - i.e., it has only one adjustable buckle. The strap is nice and long, about 25-26 inches. I'm tall, so I love that, but I've seen five-footers complain sometimes in the reviews that it's too long for them. It really is a great little bag!

I've been carrying this light pink (not sure the exact color name) nylon Olivia and I've fallen in love with this bag. I bought it off Poshmark from a woman who took extremely good care of it. Flawless from the inside out... I'm not sure if she ever used it. I purchased it right before Easter and thought it was such a nice spring color and haven't even considered using any other bag since. It's amazing how much fits inside and the organization is awesome, especially the outside pockets on each side. I can put my coin case in one and my motorola stylus in the other. I ordered a purse insert off temu to see what the quality was like and for less than $7.00 I received a perfectly sized grey insert that fits with a little room on each side so it fits small items like a charger with cords or lotion/sanitizer that is easily accessed and in its own little space. The insert also fits perfectly inside the Dopp kit I recently purchased. The Olivia in nylon is lightweight and you can stuff it full and not worry about it being too heavy. I have found that it's so convenient to be able to use the attached straps on the crook of the arm and then to also sling it over the shoulder when needed to be hands free with the detachable shoulder strap. My eyes are now open to this Olivia style and I'm hoping to add more in different leathers to my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_172231113_MF_PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    IMG_20240327_172231113_MF_PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240409_190233308~2.jpg
    IMG_20240409_190233308~2.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240409_190712472~2.jpg
    IMG_20240409_190712472~2.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 8
I've been carrying this light pink (not sure the exact color name) nylon Olivia and I've fallen in love with this bag. I bought it off Poshmark from a woman who took extremely good care of it. Flawless from the inside out... I'm not sure if she ever used it. I purchased it right before Easter and thought it was such a nice spring color and haven't even considered using any other bag since. It's amazing how much fits inside and the organization is awesome, especially the outside pockets on each side. I can put my coin case in one and my motorola stylus in the other. I ordered a purse insert off temu to see what the quality was like and for less than $7.00 I received a perfectly sized grey insert that fits with a little room on each side so it fits small items like a charger with cords or lotion/sanitizer that is easily accessed and in its own little space. The insert also fits perfectly inside the Dopp kit I recently purchased. The Olivia in nylon is lightweight and you can stuff it full and not worry about it being too heavy. I have found that it's so convenient to be able to use the attached straps on the crook of the arm and then to also sling it over the shoulder when needed to be hands free with the detachable shoulder strap. My eyes are now open to this Olivia style and I'm hoping to add more in different leathers to my collection.
Love the color and the size. Glad you found the 'perfect' spring handbag.
Doney Olivia is a great style (I have it in pebbled leather). But you can't beat
Dooney nylon either.... great quality and light weight. (I have some Dooney nylon
in my collection also).

Reactions: kimarley
Thank you for the rundown on the Olivia, particularly nylon. I only have the Smith bag in Wayfarer; I’ve been wondering what the differential is between the 2 materials. Anywho, I like your set up. Would you link linking the insert you bought? I’ve been looking to purchase one. 🤩

Hoping nobody gets tired of seeing this one. It’s a good carry for a drizzly day like today.
View attachment 5981857
No ma’am. It’s bringing me sunshine on this rainy day. It’s such a happy color. I have this large Murphy in Florentine elephant. My goodness it’s a great backpack, large generous size, and the quality is second to none. I’m sure when people see that beautiful yellow color, their day will be brightened just like mine from looking at it. Enjoy her. A forever addition to any collection

• Love
Reactions: Aurora-B
It’s raining here today and I decided to carry my large Florentine Hattie in the color black black. I have performed surgery with the E6000 glue, to make sure the logo lock does not fail. I chose the 1975 gold duck showing instead of the enamel Dooney and Bourke. This bag is packed and it’s lighter than any other Florentine in my collection with the same items inside. I’m shocked and extremely pleased it’s lightweight with everything that’s in it.

I have NOT glued the medium Florentine Ivy or chestnut Hattie’s just yet…image.jpgIMG_5206.jpeg

It’s raining here today and I decided to carry my large Florentine Hattie in the color black black. I have performed surgery with the E6000 glue, to make sure the logo lock does not fail. I chose the 1975 gold duck showing instead of the enamel Dooney and Bourke. This bag is packed and it’s lighter than any other Florentine in my collection with the same items inside. I’m shocked and extremely pleased it’s lightweight with everything that’s in it.

I have NOT glued the medium Florentine Ivy or chestnut Hattie’s just yet…
Hope you and Hattie have a lovely day. I think that how items are distributed in a handbag
affects our perception of their weight. I always find a tiny handbag feels heavy once
my stuff is inside and everything is crammed into a small space. The same items,
spread across the bottom of a larger handbag feel like a lighter load, even tho the handbag
itself is heavier empty.

A pound of feather feels lighter than a pound of bricks. 😁 Both weigh the same pound,
but the weight of the bricks is concentrated into a small space while the feathers
take up a lot of room. I'm sure there is some scientific explanation, but I never
studied advanced physics.

And while we are talking about the perception of handbag weight.... I think the
thickness of the strap and the length of the strap can also affect how heavy the
handbag feels. A thicker strap spreads the weight over a wider area of the body.
A longer strap seems to created a heavier feel.... maybe it's due to the concentration
of the weight or the swing/drag created by the longer strap. It can't just be my
imagination? Can it?

Hope you and Hattie have a lovely day. I think that how items are distributed in a handbag
affects our perception of their weight. I always find a tiny handbag feels heavy once
my stuff is inside and everything is crammed into a small space. The same items,
spread across the bottom of a larger handbag feel like a lighter load, even tho the handbag
itself is heavier empty.

A pound of feather feels lighter than a pound of bricks. 😁 Both weigh the same pound,
but the weight of the bricks is concentrated into a small space while the feathers
take up a lot of room. I'm sure there is some scientific explanation, but I never
studied advanced physics.

And while we are talking about the perception of handbag weight.... I think the
thickness of the strap and the length of the strap can also affect how heavy the
handbag feels. A thicker strap spreads the weight over a wider area of the body.
A longer strap seems to created a heavier feel.... maybe it's due to the concentration
of the weight or the swing/drag created by the longer strap. It can't just be my
imagination? Can it?
Thanks LJ. I remember the first time I went to the dooney store for my birthday bag in September 2023, there was a Hattie on clearance that I passed on at the time. I mentioned here during my birthday extravaganza thread that the Hattie would not stay on my shoulder. You told me having something in the bag would help and holding it behind my elbow would keep it in place. Thank you for your advise.
I agree totally 💯 with you on the longer strap making the bag feel heavier. This thicker strap is EVER-REE-THING! I wish the Buckley had a thick strap like this strap on the Hattie.
It is amazing to me that this HUGE BAG feels lighter than the Buckley, large flo satchel, and the medium Hattie. And I’ve even got a felt insert to protect the luxurious cream leather lining. The large Murphy backpack is about the same size as this large Hattie and it’s WAY HEAVIER. Hopefully the E6000 glue helps to avoid any malfunctions. I would hate to see this baby scraping the ground… I can see me traveling with this as my personal carry on. It’s GREAT.
AND JUST THINK I WAS ALL NAH THE HATTIE ISNT FOR ME. NOW I HAVE 3 and wouldn’t mind another

Thanks LJ. I remember the first time I went to the dooney store for my birthday bag in September 2023, there was a Hattie on clearance that I passed on at the time. I mentioned here during my birthday extravaganza thread that the Hattie would not stay on my shoulder. You told me having something in the bag would help and holding it behind my elbow would keep it in place. Thank you for your advice.
I agree totally 💯 with you on the longer strap making the bag feel heavier. And I am a firm believer of what you said about item placement. This thicker strap is EVER-REE-THING! I wish the Buckley had a thick strap like this strap on the Hattie. I carried my large domed navy satchel yesterday. I put the same items in this large Hattie plush felt insert. The Hattie feels so much lighter… the Hattie empty is lighter than the Buckley, large Murphy backpack and the large flo satchel. I’ve seen videos saying the leather was lighter in these large Hattie’s.

It is amazing to me that this HUGE BAG feels lighter than the Buckley, large flo satchel, and the medium Hattie. And I’ve even got a felt insert to protect the luxurious cream leather lining. The large Murphy backpack is about the same size as this large Hattie and it’s WAY HEAVIER. Hopefully the E6000 glue helps to avoid any malfunctions. I would hate to see this baby scraping the ground… I can see me traveling with this as my personal carry on. It’s GREAT.
AND JUST THINK I WAS ALL NAH THE HATTIE ISNT FOR ME. NOW I HAVE 3 and wouldn’t mind another

Thanks LJ. I remember the first time I went to the dooney store for my birthday bag in September 2023, there was a Hattie on clearance that I passed on at the time. I mentioned here during my birthday extravaganza thread that the Hattie would not stay on my shoulder. You told me having something in the bag would help and holding it behind my elbow would keep it in place. Thank you for your advise.
I agree totally 💯 with you on the longer strap making the bag feel heavier. This thicker strap is EVER-REE-THING! I wish the Buckley had a thick strap like this strap on the Hattie.
It's great to hear that the Hattie is a winner for you and that you have figured out how
to make it work for you. I know that bags like the Hattie, with a large base, often
battle for territory with my less than svelte body parts. 🤣 Years ago I notice lots of
women, all shapes, carrying shoulder bags and drawstrings pushed to the back.
Living in a city, that never occurred to me. But once I tried it, it made sense.

As for the thicker strap, I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why Dooney
(and other companies) use thin straps for large handbags. Are they really convinced
the look is better or are they trying to save a few inches of leather?
Maybe that's why so many ladies buy guitar straps.... thick canvas straps....
for their comfort, as well as design. And while we are on shoulder/crossbody
straps.... why are chain straps so popular? Yes, they look nice, but they
add weight to the bag and they are not soft on the shoulder or across the body.

Thank you for the rundown on the Olivia, particularly nylon. I only have the Smith bag in Wayfarer; I’ve been wondering what the differential is between the 2 materials. Anywho, I like your set up. Would you link linking the insert you bought? I’ve been looking to purchase one. 🤩
This is the link to the purse insert that fits perfectly inside the nylon Olivia https://share.temu.com/ZrEyHU7qCLA...hope you find that it works out for you and check out other ones on the site if you need different sizes. They have a ton and it's more or less just looking at the size chart since small, med, and large are different in each shop. I found measuring your bag in center meters is easier when looking for the right size.

• Thanks
Reactions: KiltyR45