Which Chain to choose, Cartier or VCA?

Which Chain to choose, Cartier or VCA?

• Cartier chain

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • VCA Trace chain

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Jan 22, 2023
Hi, I'm looking to replace my Tiffany & Co White Gold chain that holds my diamond 🔑key. This T chain broke 2x on me 🙈 hence looking for replacement. Tossing up between Cartier or VCA below, both have free 2cm extensions that I would need. I do have a YG cartier chain that's holds my other dia 🔑 as last picture. Thanks for your input n vote❤️✨️

Attachments

• 20220708_115230.jpg
    20220708_115230.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20240430_104439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_104439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20240510_151926_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_151926_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20230821_095918.jpg
    20230821_095918.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 106
Firstly, what a fabulous key!!!!

I've had a Cartier chain break on me - but, the CS was 10 x better than anywhere else including Tiffany. They'll also lengthen or shorten (not sure about VCA). I wore/wear this chain constantly though.

So long as it doesn't compete with the key (not too sparkly, fancy or counter-style) which ever looks better to/on you.

Weak spots on a chain are the clasp itself and the connection to it, and the jump-ring(s). See if they all look robust under a loop.

Firstly, what a fabulous key!!!!

I've had a Cartier chain break on me - but, the CS was 10 x better than anywhere else including Tiffany. They'll also lengthen or shorten (not sure about VCA). I wore/wear this chain constantly though.

So long as it doesn't compete with the key (not too sparkly, fancy or counter-style) which ever looks better to/on you.

Weak spots on a chain are the clasp itself and the connection to it, and the jump-ring(s). See if they all look robust under a loop.
Thank you, few great pointers there that never crossed my mind😅 appreciate it.

Hi, I'm looking to replace my Tiffany & Co White Gold chain that holds my diamond 🔑key. This T chain broke 2x on me 🙈 hence looking for replacement. Tossing up between Cartier or VCA below, both have free 2cm extensions that I would need. I do have a YG cartier chain that's holds my other dia 🔑 as last picture. Thanks for your input n vote❤️✨️
Love your key!!

Where and how did the chain break, if you don’t mind telling us? I have a Tiffany key too (in RG) and wear it with Tiffany chain… now I’m a bit worried!

Reactions: Cartier_loveaffair
Great to hear from someone who had/ have both. I'm yet to see the vca trace chain irl, appt next week. I am hoping the chain is somewhat similar to their 5M alhambra bracelet/necklace. Thanks again
I have the Trace chain, it is thinner than the 5 motif chain, it is the same as the VCA single pendant chain.

I agree with @papertiger, Cartier customer service is always exceptional. I prefer the Trace chain, I used to have the Cartier chain and it seemed to be a bit finer and would get more easily tangled for me, so for practical purposes I prefer the Trace chain, but I am always trying to justify buying from Cartier if I can make the item work, because their aftercare service and assistance with ordering is always so pleasant and helpful.

Love your key!!

Where and how did the chain break, if you don’t mind telling us? I have a Tiffany key too (in RG) and wear it with Tiffany chain… now I’m a bit worried!
I have 3 different T chains, I had the RG beads chain in the pic, broke near the claps area, I woke up with the key behind my neck as I was trying to pull it to put in front the bead chain snapped near the clasp area. Repaired n still good but hardly use it now as Ive bought a Cartier chain. The WG chain with Vic 🔑broke 2x on me, one coming back from a run n I felt the key slides down. Repaired cost me an armed n leg, few months later same chain n key, I woke up without any necklace, all on my bed this time the links near the centre broke into 2🤦🏻‍♀️. Hence need to replace that.

Attachments

• 20221122_114959.jpg
    20221122_114959.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Thanks
Reactions: Serpenti_Love
I have the Trace chain, it is thinner than the 5 motif chain, it is the same as the VCA single pendant chain.

I agree with @papertiger, Cartier customer service is always exceptional. I prefer the Trace chain, I used to have the Cartier chain and it seemed to be a bit finer and would get more easily tangled for me, so for practical purposes I prefer the Trace chain, but I am always trying to justify buying from Cartier if I can make the item work, because their aftercare service and assistance with ordering is always so pleasant and helpful.
Aha! I agree on Cartier after sales customer service 👌but I only have 1 time experienced with VCA when I sent my bracelet for shortening. The Cartier chain sparkles n I love the small logo ✨️ behind it. So far it holds my key 🔑 well for a year now🤞 A friend who have both said that VCA chain is slightly thicker than Cartier.
I have VCA appt this Tuesday. Thanks for your input. Appreciate it as always 🙃

Reactions: nicole0612