Where's the love for GH Hobos?

I am not a fan of GH in general, but I do really like the hobo style and your bag is beautiful! I still prefer the Day because I carry quite a bit these days (now that my neck/shoulder problems have subsided.) If I was still having pain, I would go with the hobo for sure.

I have a GGH hobo in Anthracite~and love it!! It is so slouchy and you can eaisly find stuff in it...please post some pics of your Violet! I have never seen a violet hobo~~

Wow, finally I can talk about my favorite bag, GGH hobo in Vert Fonce. Of all the bbags, this one sits the best on my shoulder and the extra long strap drop length. Also, has anyone noticed with this bag that when you lay it flat, it looks almost squat and squarish but when you put it on or hang it, it forms a nice teardrop shape, sort of, lol. And its surprisingly roomy considering it looks flat and small. I can carry an entire spiral bound manuscript and still have room for my extra thick wallet, keys, cell phone, other junk. I don't mind stuffing it at all.

As for the weight, I prefer light bags and was wondering which was heavier, the GH Hobo or the RH City?

Hmmm, I'm bumping this up because that's a good question! I'm thinking the new coral red would look great in a GH hobo ( talk about pop!) Ithink the RH city is lighter - but not by much.

I had one in vert gazon GGH and I couldn't put more than the essentials in it. A book - forget it, sharp edges sticking out everywhere. It was very comfy though, but too flat to be usable for me. I loved the green but traded her for another bag in the end...

I love the Giant Hobo!! I have been longing for one in white and bought the one with the GH from s/s 07 but I returned it because it was not bright white - it was almost dingy and yellowy looking. But I think it was meant to be because for spring 08 they are making one with SGH which I think I will prefer!

Wow, I was so excited to see this thread revived! I still really love the GH Hobo style. It is so super comfy and cute. I look forward to seeing the pictures of everyone's bags!!

I just got my aquamarine ggh and I am IN LOVE!!! It has the best leather I've ever felt - thick and squishy. The color is deeply saturated and is so hard to capture in pcis. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how much I like the ggh - on this style at least - I find it gives the bag a little "oomph" but isn't too blingy, which is odd since I haven't liked it on other styles for precisely that reason!

And petite-chic is right - it does change shape from when it's worn and when it's flat!

Here are some pics (with my bbag lover in training modeling it in her pjs no less)!

I really think this is going to be my favorite bag!

Attachments

• TPF & FAF 015.JPG
    TPF & FAF 015.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 67
  • TPF & FAF 013.JPG
    TPF & FAF 013.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
  • TPF & FAF 014.JPG
    TPF & FAF 014.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 87
  • TPF & FAF 016.JPG
    TPF & FAF 016.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
  • TPF & FAF 017.JPG
    TPF & FAF 017.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 33
^^ Willowsmom, I love the aqua hobo - it's a great color for the GH Hobo Style. In contrast to other styles, the GH doesn't make the bag too heavy. I hope you enjoy your new bag.

Thanks rainyjewels and chuggie! And chuggie, I completely agree about the gh - it really doesn't add to the weight of the bag at all. It must have something to do with its shape . . .

Congrats willowsmom - it's very pretty!

I went to the post office today to pick mine up, but they still hadn't unpacked the tonnes of (mostly delayed Christmas!) mail that had just been flown in.

Offered to dive in and find it myself, but.. Well, that was a no go!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya...!