Where to buy Moncler?

I just purchased a Moncler off eBay. I expected it to be a fake but I was OK with that as long as the jacket was what I was expecting, but it wasn't. The material of the jacket is nothing like it looks in the photos. It's not nearly as shiny and it feels like polyester, not nylon. I'm guessing that the photos in the auctions are of an authentic Moncler and the jackets sold are fakes.

For those of you that own a Moncler, is the jacket material as shiny and smooth as it looks in the photos? Does it feel really smooth and slippery? What does the material tag say? Does it say nylon or polyamide.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a picture of the fake Moncler. The coat was completely black on the auction photos but this is the actual color, kind of a dark brownish gray, and it's not as shiny as the camera flash makes it look.
fake.jpg

I did request a refund and seller claims that he offers refunds if not satisfied. Before buying I sent messages to a few of this seller's previous customers and they were happy with their purchase. I'm definitely not. I will be waiting for fall/winter and buying an authentic Moncler.

There are some on eBay that have an authentication tag/number but it's just as easy to make a fake one of those as it is a fake jacket.

The seller of this fake jacket stands behind his claim that it's authentic but I don't buy it for a second. He said he got it directly from the Moncler factory in Bulgaria. Aren't they exclusively made in France?

I'm confused because there is an eBay seller that warns people to look out for fake Monclers and even outlines the things to look for to identify a fake, and now is selling one that says Bulgaria on the tag. :confused1:

Thanks for your reply.

I checked with one eBay seller of authentic Monclers and he said that many of them are made in Bulgaria, but many more fakes are as well.

Just curious, can anyone tell me what the materal tag says inside their Moncler coat? From what I understand Monclers are made from nylon but so many of the coats on eBay say polyester in the listing description.

I own both a polyester coat and a polyamide (nylon) coat and it is a world of difference between the two materials. The fake coat I bought says it's polyamide but it looks and feels just like polyester.

The tag says:
Doublure-Linning-Futter-Foedera-Foder 100% Polyamide,
Bord Cote-Ribbung-Costina 50% Acrylic 50% Wool,
Garnissage-Filling -Polsterung-Imbottitura-Fylning Down

Hope this helps.

Who are the sellers on eBay of authentic Moncler coats?

What stores in New York sell Moncler? I'm guessing both Barneys and Saks Fifth Avenue, but are there other stores? Or is there a Moncler flagship store?

The only one I've seen that sells authentic Monclers semi-regularly (truly authentic that they claim) is icannotpickaname2003. Their prices are high as expected and the coats they sell still have a price tag from the retailer it was purchased from.

I'll have to wait for the winter line to come out and then think about getting one.

Thanks for your replies.

I just bought a Moncler from Barneys and it says it is made in Romania.

I recently exchanged e-mails with a Moncler enthusiast from Switzerland and he said that Moncler originated in France but went bankrupt years back and was awarded to an Italian company where the production was moved to Bulgaria. He wasn't aware that they were also made in Romania but I guess they are. He said that Monclers sold in Europe do not have a "Made in" tag on them and he said it's probably because eastern Europe is known for cheap labor, kind of like Mexico is known to the US.