Where do you get your bags repaired?

Hi everyone, I have a small tear on the inside flap on my Chanel WOC . Leather surgeons quoted me $175 plus shipping for it , but I feel like its a bit steep for a such a tiny area , does anyone else know a cheaper alternative ? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5546.JPG
    IMG_5546.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 76
I had a vanity case from Chanel repaired by HandbagClinic.
It took so long for them to do the reparation plus shipping it back to me, total it took almost 4 months.
The price I payed was almost 400€.
Their service of reparation could have been better for this price.
Wish someone would suggest a place in Europe that doesn’t charge that much!

I recently needed a leather bag repaired and tried getting quotes from a bunch of online bag spas, from Leather Surgeons to Luxe Bag Spa etc. The quotes ranged from $200-$400. I ended up taking it to a local family-owned cobbler that had great reviews online and the fix cost me $25.

Hi everyone, I have a small tear on the inside flap on my Chanel WOC . Leather surgeons quoted me $175 plus shipping for it , but I feel like its a bit steep for a such a tiny area , does anyone else know a cheaper alternative ? Thank you!
A bit late to the party, but, just a thought. That looks like bonded leather, where the tear has not gone all the way through. If that is the case, a little judicious application of some contact cement and you might be able to re-bond the top grain to the flesh - match up the edges, and I doubt you will even know the tear is there.

I could not find a thread, so I figured I would ask.

When your hand bags are in need of repair, (or just to freshen them up) where do you take them?

Back to the original company and send them to the "spa"?

I have no idea how many designers do this, aside from Coach and LV so please let me know if there are others.

Or do you go somewhere local to a leather and shoe shop for repair and reconditioning?

Or.. do you guys do it yourself as much as you can?

Thanks!
Most of my bags are from Mulberry and they have their own in house care and repair department - prices range as follows: Hardware from £50-£80.00, Stitching and leather finishing from £50-150.00, Straps and handles from £100-180.00, Fastenings and attachments £40-150.00, Cleaning (stain removal) £200.00.
All amounts are in GBP and are correct at time of writing.