What's your favorite Hermes leathers and why?

five star thread, HG!

my preferences differ depending on the style, color and intended use of the bag. for a black kelly, box and only box; for a brown kelly, then i think chamonix -- though i've never actually seen it. in colors i like chevre for a kelly, with the exception of the orange/red/brown tricolor i'm getting -- in that case i prefer the togo for the casual and funky nature of the combination.

now for a picotin, i think that would just be kind of silly in box or chevre irrespective of the color -- there i'd go with barenia, which i've never seen but am SURE i would adore! any one of the softer textured leathers would be second choice.

for a bolide, my dream bag is that green croc that's on ebay right now. don't know why, but i just think croc and bolide is fabulous.

for a birkin, ostrich or chevre -- i want it to be light, light, light and retain its shape. box comes in second (third?) for the glow.

and finally, i want something -- ANYTHING-- in bleu sapphir fjord like orchid's georgeous bag.

i think what this says about me is that i'm fickle! and a glutton! :lol:
Nope, more like you're the type of woman that knows exactly what she wants and nothing else will do. You're detail oriented and you pay a great deal of attention to them. You really have an architect's eye for detail and structure with the list you've put up. I'll bet you go in with the specs written out for your SA: style, shape, size, color, leather, hardware, and stitching is all written out for him/her. And they're wasting their time calling you for anything else. You don't strike me as an impulse buyer.

Oooo..What a fun thread !!
Here is my choice,

1. Box (Love the patina that develops over the time):heart: :heart: :heart:
2. Vache Natural, Barenia
3. Fjord (Durability, and the way the leather takes the color is GREAT)
4. Porosus and Nilo Croc (Wish I can afford them, that's also why they're the last)

HG, You're so right, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE natural color and classic leather, and most color in my wardrobe is either black or white, and of course JEANS !
Another one who likes the classics, but I know you have kids so that's where the Fjord comes in. Who'd you want to be when you were a kid, Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn?

I LOVE both ladies, but ADORE Audrey Hepburn when I was a kid, she's a great person wit a BIG BIG heart ! and such a style icon ! Grace Kelly is great, too, but I KNOW I'm never going to be like her, so ladylike and elegant, so I'm more with Audrey ;)

Your tastes are like Duna and mine. I notice that the smooth leather girls are into the classics like the little black dress, string of pearls, and pumps. Whenever I touch a smooth leather it conjures up images of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. You sound like a jeans and T-shirt type of girl, but your accessories must be smashing.

HG, you are so good, its kinda scary! This describes me pretty much exactly. . .. It's funny, because at first, I really thought I wanted to get my bag in a sturdy textured leather, so that it would be tougher, but i can't help myself from gravitating towards the smooth leathers!

I LOVE both ladies, but ADORE Audrey Hepburn when I was a kid, she's a great person wit a BIG BIG heart ! and such a style icon ! Grace Kelly is great, too, but I KNOW I'm never going to be like her, so ladylike and elegant, so I'm more with Audrey ;)
Yeah, I wanted to be Audrey Hepburn as a little girl. Oh heck, I still want to be Audrey Hepburn. No one could wear Givenchy like she could.

Yeah, I wanted to be Audrey Hepburn as a little girl. Oh heck, I still want to be Audrey Hepburn. No one could wear Givenchy like she could.

You probably won't believe this, but when I was at primary school, here in Rome, Audrey Hepburn's son Sean went to my same school (when she was married to the Italian Doctor she lived in Rome) and I often saw her coming to pick her son up from school...Of course, I was a kid then, so I didn't see the big deal, but thinking back on it...and I still remember her so well....

You probably won't believe this, but when I was at primary school, here in Rome, Audrey Hepburn's son Sean went to my same school (when she was married to the Italian Doctor she lived in Rome) and I often saw her coming to pick her son up from school...Of course, I was a kid then, so I didn't see the big deal, but thinking back on it...and I still remember her so well....
Wow! That's so cool! I heard she was forever gracious and never once heard her described as a diva.

duna -- i adore rome . . . have you always lived there? when i go to europe it's almost always to italy, and almost always to rome for at least part of the time. i could eailsy spend the rest of my life getting to know it. i shop and eat my way from site to site! shop the spanish steps area and then go to a restaurant right there that has terrific artichokes, stroll to the pantheon to be amazed by the beauty and harmony of the structure. start out at the cat forum, then on to campo dei fiori and a restaurant with spectacular gnocchi (well, on thursdays, anyway). castel sant'angelo, cross the river and stop in the ghetto to see the old market (fish market?), then a snack at a bakery with the most amazing sweet called pizza bianca . . . i think i may need a visit this spring!

Nope, more like you're the type of woman that knows exactly what she wants and nothing else will do. You're detail oriented and you pay a great deal of attention to them. You really have an architect's eye for detail and structure with the list you've put up. I'll bet you go in with the specs written out for your SA: style, shape, size, color, leather, hardware, and stitching is all written out for him/her. And they're wasting their time calling you for anything else. You don't strike me as an impulse buyer.

very good, HG -- we need an applause icon! i was THIS close to going to graduate school after college to study architecture.

actually i do make a lot of impulse purchases (that's the glutton in me :shame: ), but only when they're just right. the problem is that i'm a really good hunter/gatherer . . . and i find a lot of stuff that's just right! :lol:

Love this thread HG!!

HG - I only have the one bag in CHEVRE, and this is my favorite so far. Next would be BOX, but not ready for any heart attacks yet.

Can you give me an evaluation, w/so little??, but you know me a little :smile:

I love Chevre mysore because of the weight, it holds the shape, and the nifty pattern on it. (and because I have a weird thing about spine of the coromendel)
I love togo becaus of the casual feel and the durability.
I love box because of the ladylike vibe and the structured feel.

I love Chevre mysore because of the weight, it holds the shape, and the nifty pattern on it. (and because I have a weird thing about spine of the coromendel)
I love togo becaus of the casual feel and the durability.
I love box because of the ladylike vibe and the structured feel.
I find that ladies who like the textured leathers are more casual, carefree, fun-loving. But the box says you still like to be a lady.