Food What's the most disgusting thing you ever ate?

OK... i will remember not to look at this thread before eating!!!!!!!!!
I am a total wimp so have not been daring enough to try many new, interesting dishes. so the most disgusting thing i've ever had was the teriyaki dishes from White spot...lmao
I certainly do NOT compare to any one of you guys!

I tried so hard to tear myself away from this thread but it's total morbid fascination.
I say raw scallop. It was so absolutely disgusting, cold and slimy, and I just knew I was going to get some sort of raw-shellfish-borne disease as it slid down my throat and activated my gag reflex.
My hubby just put in his vote, for blood sausage. Problem is, it's something I love and that he last had at my parent's place, so now we have to have a little "talk"
;)

barbequed SEAL meat !!!!

I didn't know what I was eating but I felt that I was chewing more than the "normal" until my brother came and he told me what it was seal...My first thought was a cheerfully seal playing by the beach :crybaby: and that they are FUNNY and LIVING creatures :hysteric:

Fried rabbit brain(s) without my knowledge: they looked like bigger chicken nuggets from the outside, but when I bit them... EWWWW!)

Apart from this, I can eat almost everything. First I taste, then I won't eat anymore if I don't like. There are not many things that I have declared un-eatable in my life!

Okay, everyone who knows me calls me a food monster or garbage chute. Cooks love me because I praise their food. Friends can't ask me if a restaurant is good or not. You get the point. I am NOT picky. This is one thing I would never eat, and I had to try it twice to make sure. That is...blood sausage. I had it in Mongolia. It's basically intestine filled with blood and fried. Yes. Why did I even have to try it twice to make sure?

btw, reading this thread made me hungry.

Fried green tomatoes. First of all I hate tomatoes. Ripe tomato's? Ack! My fiancé talked me into just trying one and I couldn't swallow it. It looks so good too because it's fried so it tricks you. Other than that I don't remember anything else I absolutely hated because I am very picky when it comes to food and not very brave to try new stuff. I know what I like and I just stick with it.

Honestly I ate some really horrid things during SERE training in the military (insects of all types and pretty much every last part of a rabbit, eyes included). Everything was really well cooked though. I could also name some other things, but in all honesty I think it would make 99% of the people here retch upon thinking of it.

Well, I'm Filipina and live in Hawaii so I've eaten some strange things, however, when living in Spain I was served rabbit, the rib cage was sitting on the platter surrounded by carrots and potatoes and the family I was living with said, "You know, Bugs Bunny." I've had rabbits as pets all my life and I just couldn't do it.

My in-laws are persian and they have a few dishes I wasn't used to, but I always try my best to be open minded. I once took a little bite of a lamb brain sandwich, and had to spit it out onto a napkin. The second time was at in-laws bbq. They had made either lamb or cow testicules. One of my friends and I did a fear factor thing and just chowed it down as fast as we could. It wasn't bad but the idea of eating testicules is what made it :throwup: .