What's a good work bag?

thanks again all to your recommendations...i forgot to mention about the requirement of a shoulder bag, and also, that i work for a bank, which is more conservative than most, which is why i got the loro piana globe...so some of your lovely pix suggestions are great, but not conservative enough.

i will have to check out some of the bags, without pix to see. will report back soon.

Tod's is definitely the way to go then. Lots of shoulder choices. Very conservative yet stylish for your bank job. If you can get up to Woodbury Common you can get great deals, too. Big Tod's store there.

wow, this is a great thread for work bags, with everyone's suggestions. i think the tabitha quinny is great, for work and casual.

i do think that the tods, and coach business tote looks are more what i should be buying, however, that LV passy is fantastic as well! i'm going to have to see all of these in person to make sure they're light enough and big enough for me. thanks everybody!!

I love my Coach multifunction tote. It's red leather (bought to complement both black and brown). It's not on the website anymore, but I'm sure you can call the customer service line and find out if there are any left. I only bought mine about a month or so ago-- the lining is tan, so you can see everything in it, and it holds a laptop, books, personal items, files, you name it.

I just bought my new work bag - a tote from Notting Hill Design and absolutely love it! it's the perfect size for my Mac and it also has these great outside pockets (hidden magnets!) where I keep my Blackberry and travel pass. (they are perfect when I am traveling - I just stick my passport and boarding pass there and don't have to keep looking for them as I make my way through the airport instead of leaving them behind in the loo like I did another time