What to wear with a brown handbag?

Jul 29, 2006
I have my eye on this bag but it is a colour completely foreign to me.. brown! Most of my bags are either black, black.. or white. (I'm a monochromatic kinda gal!) :sweatdrop: What colours/clothes would look good with a brown bag?

I carry a brown bag when I'm wearing brown, ivory, camel, or forest or olive green.

I actually think camel bags are more versatile than dark brown ones- they look great with all the colors above, but also look good with navy blue, and can even look good with black if I'm doing a black and camel outfit. :yes:

Ash

After a lifetime of essentially ignoring brown, even having picked up some vague notion somewhere that people with black hair shouldn't wear it, the recent Brown Explosion happened to coincide with my Complete Wardrobe Replacement, and I learned that there are not really any shades of brown that look bad on me, and some of them look fabulous!

So I have been having a lot of fun with brown, not just brown bags, but brown everything, and some of my favorite brown bag companions are brown pants and a pink top. Or brown pants and an aqua top. And to my surprise, a lavender top also works with a brown bag and pants!

You can also do an all-neutral look, beige top, brown bag, beige or brown pants, and then pop it all with some magnificent and colorful bling from some far-flung mountain hamlet or other, or a distant desert plain...

About the only thing I don't do too much with a brown bag is a brown top. Brown tops usually end up wheedling for a red bag, jumping up and down and yanking my sleeve until I give in.

I also wear a lot of black but recently added brown to my wardrobe and find that black and brown are fine together, even chocolate brown. Greens and blues are great with brown, I'll even wear grey with my brown bags.

I used to be a black lady too but since I got my speedy I started to look for brown cloths. I think brown is very easy to match and I love the way it looks with tourquise and light blue.

i wear mostly black and i love my chestnut colored bag with all black. it really pops against my black coat.

i like it with everything i wear, which is mostly black, white and gray (if im felling crazy i wear a plum sweater.) haha.

i just posted this photo of my new coat on here and i think the black and brown are real nice together.

Attachments

• OPEN.jpg
    OPEN.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 7,321
I HATE black and never wear it and my one and only bag is Moka brown...

I find black only goes with more black, white and red, but brown can be worn with:

navy blue
sky blue
teal blue
olive green
grass green
spring green
pale pink
fuschia
red
white
lemon
burgundy
beige
other shades of brown
lilac
eggplant
cream
bronze
turquoise
magenta

Ok I will stop. Brown is 1,000 times more versatile and flattering than black!

i wear mostly black and i love my chestnut colored bag with all black. it really pops against my black coat.

i like it with everything i wear, which is mostly black, white and gray (if im felling crazy i wear a plum sweater.) haha.

i just posted this photo of my new coat on here and i think the black and brown are real nice together.
I love your new bag. It does look great with the black coat.