what to wear to bars?

do i wear nice clothes? yes. 1K dresses? no.

i mean, unless you're in a position to be throwing around 1K+ dresses like they were $250-300 dresses, then sure, i guess it'd be okay to go to a bar or a club in them. otherwise, consider this a learning experience.

clubs and bars = dancing and drinks = sweat and spills.

in short, don't wear anything you don't want to risk getting damaged.

that is to say, you don't have to look cheap. Forever 21, as much as i hate that store, actually does have some cute pieces. The quality is cheap, and therefore makes it perfect for club/bars. You get the look, but you don't care if it gets ruined.

I agree, F21 is my go-to for clubbing attire. Cheap and cute, and most importantly it doesn't matter if I get alcohol spilled on it because the dress was only $20 to begin with.

What do you ladies wear when heading out to clubs or bars? I was recently out out at a crowded club and ended up having a new dress spilled al over. I know that you must expect a little excessive behaivor at these types of places but I ended up with several dark stains all over a brand new Cavalli dress, it did cost $1100. Do you avoid nice clothes alltogether, I mean this dress did look hot, untill it was ruined by spilled drinks

Oh no!! That's horrible - people spill stuff all over the place, a lot of times they won't even notice that they ruined a favourite outfit :censor: I've learned to NEVER wear white to a club - you can control yourself, but you can't control those around you.

You can still try saving your dress, unless it was white... Did you get it dry cleaned immediately?? This happened to me too.. I also wore a Cavalli dress that got a lot of white wine spilled on it, and I was quite upset. However, after drycleaning it looked spotless! Good luck!

When I go to bars/clubs, I'll just wear something that looks nice, regardless of price - as long as it's not white!!!! - because it can be dry cleaned. I'll only wear light coloured dresses in a controlled setting (ie. dinner, cruise, formal event)

I completely agree with Onederland - this is exactly what I do. I've accumulated a bunch of cute (somewhat scandalous) dresses from Forever 21, on sale at Urban Outfitters, etc. and usually wear those when I go to clubs.

Unless you have a table and plan on staying at the tabe for the entire night, I wouldn't wear anything of significant value. Especially shoes, shoes will definitely get drinks spilled on.

I think you should buy cheap dresses at Forever 21 because you DO NOT want to be worried about your clothes while in that environment.

I DO bring out my Louis Vuitton Pouchette and designer shoes because they are basically foul-proof + I like having items I LOVE with me & I HATE cheap clutches. :smile:

One helpful tip I learned is to wear patent leather shoes clubbing. Just wipe off the spills and no harm done. Clean off the residue with a baby wipe when you get home. As for wearing cheap dresses, ouch. It's hard to get used to but it allows the freedom of not worrying about your outfit and concentrating on having a great time. I save the expensive dresses for nice dinners and cocktail lounges. Sorry to hear about the ruined dress.

ITA that clubs are not a place for really nice clothes (unless maybe you're in Vegas or some really fancy place?). They're so dark anyways that it's hard to see what you're wearing. I usually go to F21 or Marshalls/TJ Maxx and find something for under $20 that I can peel off myself and throw in the wash when I get back home!

I will wear inexpensive and expensive clothes to clubs. Dry cleaning can clear up stains. But I do agree with the other posters, if you don't want to worry, wear inexpensive clothes.

You can definitely find club clothes at places like F21 and TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I'd save your dresses for more lounge places or sit down places, because they chances of you getting a drink spilled on you isn't that high.

ITA that clubs are not a place for really nice clothes (unless maybe you're in Vegas or some really fancy place?). They're so dark anyways that it's hard to see what you're wearing. I usually go to F21 or Marshalls/TJ Maxx and find something for under $20 that I can peel off myself and throw in the wash when I get back home!

No, not even Vegas lol.

I agree with everyone else, dont ever wear anything too expensive, or that you care too much about.

i only go to nice clubs and of course wear fancy dresses or pants with tops (no jeans)
but i do have a table and even if i would get a stain etc that is what dry cleaners are for.

what is the point of having nice club outfits and then not wearing them and in the end even if a dress get totally ruined well at least you wore it and it did not collect dust in the closet as that would be the bigger waste.

edited to say: in the end mishaps could happen anywhere at a wedding a dinner a ball even daytime when someone runs into you with a cup of coffe . but would i stop wearing a gown with train to aball just because someone might step on it etc .hell no!
with that logic and fear of things that might happen one could never leave the house